Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
jochen

Re: Radirgy S

Post by jochen »

Wrote a Mail to Paypal - I know I wont get my money back ( more than 180 days - already got the answer from Paypal ) - but hopefully Paypal wont do business with these people in the future.

So if someone takes my money and I get nothing for it at least I try to give them a little trouble/work - so maybe some of you might also write a complaint about "dispatch" to Paypal or other
pay-service-companies.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

As expected, PayPal insta-rejected any attempt to get help from them because it's been so long. Shoulda used a credit card.

Unsurprisingly Dispatch have had nothing to say after even though this has started making it to Nintendo news blogs. Their social media's still totally quiet.
Tachikomatic

Post by Tachikomatic »

If someone starts to sue Dispatch, I belive shits gonna hit the fan for real.
I mean they cant go under ground and pretend nothing has happend.
Or can they do that?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

If someone starts to sue Dispatch, I belive shits gonna hit the fan for real.
I mean they cant go under ground and pretend nothing has happend.
Or can they do that?

They could try, if they don't mind the possibility of jail.
Taking money for something you don't actually have is called theft (and it's the reason services like Kickstarter exist)
jochen

Post by jochen »

Big surprise for me today - received Mails from Paypal and Dispatch-games.

Seems like I actually will get my money back.

So for all you out here - I wish you good luck.

( I paid through Paypal, wrote to them about my issues and first I got a message that they can´t help
me - over 180 days since my transaction. I suppose since then something happened in the "background"
between Paypal and Dispatch).
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Huh. I got a refund this morning too after filing that PayPal dispute last night. Seems like they don't read their emails or their customer support site but they do read their PayPal stuff. Glad they have the money for refunds anyway. Feeling a little more relaxed now I'm not out money for this, anyway...
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I paid with my bank so I will see what I can do later.

Anyhow I just went ahead and downloaded Radirgy Swag from the eshop. It's all in Japanese so I don't know wut da FUK is going on. Has anyone been brave enough to actually play this game??
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

EmperorIng wrote:I paid with my bank so I will see what I can do later.

Anyhow I just went ahead and downloaded Radirgy Swag from the eshop. It's all in Japanese so I don't know wut da FUK is going on. Has anyone been brave enough to actually play this game??
I've had it downloaded for a year or so, I think. It is a great game but I need to learn to play it and use all the mechanics correctly. It's still a fun and great looking game. Without doing anything besides collecting all the items I can and not getting hit, I've made it 7 minutes.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Pardon the tangent, but did Milestone Prez escape his hellish confinement in an underground VietCong holding cell (preferably by leg-sweeping a guard so he fell and busted his head open on a toilet bowl rim, before disarming his colleague and treating Charlie to a Soviet-engineered credit of BULLET HELL IRL)?

I'm thinking we've just the man to get on the case of these Dispatch shitbirds, if they truly have scarpered with the cash. Patchy-kun's good name must be avenged. Image
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

It's all in Japanese so I don't know wut da FUK is going on. Has anyone been brave enough to actually play this game??

Yeah, you have to go to... this very thread. Poster mojilove has translated everything you need. If you're too lazy to look over the older posts, just do a search for his name.

Once you get a couple things sorted out it's seriously no problem.

(his translations begin on page 3)
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Thanks; it's been a long thread and most of it bitching about Dispatch, so it's not unreasonable to lose the plot, so to speak.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Thanks, m.sniffles.esq!
Just to add, I've done a basic page on the shmups wiki too. It still needs expansion, but it has the basics: https://shmups.wiki/library/Radirgy_Swag
This is the highest score I got on stream (I got a better score but it's not recorded) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/785289104 .
I have some other self-commentated radirgy swag videos on my twitch channel but I pretty much say the same things each time.
I'm always watching the #milestone-general channel in Mark's discord (The Electric Underground) if anyone has any questions - this thread is fine for q's too.

Hope you enjoy the game EmperorIng!
The whole mess with dispatch is such a shame and a shambles. I hope the game can come out in some form in English, but there is little hope at this point...
Tachikomatic

Post by Tachikomatic »

Ms. Tea wrote:Huh. I got a refund this morning too after filing that PayPal dispute last night. Seems like they don't read their emails or their customer support site but they do read their PayPal stuff. Glad they have the money for refunds anyway. Feeling a little more relaxed now I'm not out money for this, anyway...
I got a refund today :) Was pretty wierd since I havent written anything to paypal, just to dispatch from 2 weeks ago.
Would be nice to acctually hear from them to be honest.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

They just sent out an email:
Dispatch Games wrote:We would like to sincerely apologize to everyone for the lack of communication and the frustration we have caused as a result. It has never been our intent to perform in this manner and we understand the concern that people have felt and are working to address those concerns directly.

Support have processed refunds for those that requested them without question. Those are complete.

Support is also addressing any address updates and inquiry requests now. Those are in process.

We are not disappearing as a company and all of the products are in the pipe to ship. There will be further details coming, but here are some that we can share today:

It will be Game Paradise, Radirgy Swag and Rail Sim releasing in that order. Hard dates will be announced shortly.

As part of our apology to you - all customers that have been patiently waiting and have kept their orders with us will be receiving a digital code for the game so that you can start enjoying your product before the physical arrives to you.

Game Paradise digital codes are being processed now and we expect to send them out to customers as soon as they are ready.

Radirgy Swag and Rail Sim digital codes – we will be making announcements as these become available.

All Limited Edition customers will be receiving an additional bonus item. Game Paradise LE will come with an all new poster. Radirgy Swag LE will come with a beanie cap. The Rail Sim LE bonus will be announced soon.

We are committed to earning your trust and focused on improving our communication.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Damn... Milestone Prez works fast, barely a coffee and a cig after escaping NAM, he's cleared Burgerland customs and scaring the crims into line. Image Patchy-kun your name is avenged.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

well, we'll see about that. I look forward to 6 months from now when the next Seafoam article forces Dispatch to assure us they are working to earn our trust.
BIL

Post by BIL »

True, this fight is eternal. :sad:

In that case we'll have to send the most violent man of shumpsfarm Patchy-kun himself after them :shock: Image
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

That's pretty much what they said in March. Like word for word... :roll:

At least they're giving refunds...

PS That 700 mil run is insane. You literally claw your way up from the brink like 4 times.

PPS They also posted the above on Twitter, while also completely wiping all the "gee, we've been terrible. But we're going to be awesome from now on" and "March is going to be a HUGE month for us" previous posts, which is... humorous.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Spoiler
Hmmmm, looks alot like the art they posted two years ago with a Switch logo in the corner. But at any rate, there it is.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Now this surprised me... https://www.play-asia.com/illmatic-enve ... empersonal

Looks like there will at the very least be an import physical version, no matter what happens with Dispatch.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Looks like there will at the very least be an import physical version, no matter what happens with Dispatch.

Yeah, we discussed that in the Illmatic thread. There also going to be a CE, so I'm holding off on a pre-order until I see what that's going to entail.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Looks like there will at the very least be an import physical version, no matter what happens with Dispatch.

Yeah, we discussed that in the Illmatic thread. There also going to be a CE, so I'm holding off on a pre-order until I see what that's going to entail.
Ah ok, missed that thread. PA has a listing up for a limited edition that it says comes with:

Switch Game: Illmatic Envelope Swamp + Radirgy Swag
Collection of Setting Materials
Music CD
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Just received the following email:
Dispatch Games wrote:As part of our apology to you - all customers that have been patiently waiting and have kept their orders with us will be receiving a digital code for the game so that you can start enjoying your product before the physical arrives to you.

Game Paradise digital codes are being processed now and we expect to send them out to customers this coming Friday, July 30th. Please contact us at support@dispatchgames.com as soon as possible if your e-mail address needs to be updated on your order. Once codes have been sent to your e-mail address on file - they are not replaceable.

Radirgy Swag and Rail Sim digital codes – will follow after Game Paradise. Hold tight!

We will have an update on the physical ship dates very soon. We are awaiting confirmation on a few items before making those announcements.

ALL LIMITED EDITION customers will be receiving an additional bonus item depending on the game.

Game Paradise LE will come with an all new poster.
Radirgy Swag LE will come with a beanie cap.
To quote Togusa, "The excitement never stops..."
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Game Paradise codes don't exactly feel like the hardest thing for them to get out to people, given it's been on the eshop for over a year now. If they release anything that wasn't already out, then it'll actually feel like news.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Radirgy Swag LE will come with a beanie cap.

"Yeah, those didn't sell too well. So I've got 1,200 in my closet I have to do something with"

Reminds me of

"Hey, my band that currently has 23 fans is putting out our own single!!!"
"Uh, how many are you having pressed?"
"A thousand!"
"Hope you have a lot of closet space"
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

https://www.play-asia.com/illmatic-enve ... /13/70eqk1

Who knew that Nas' album was a shmup?
EmperorIng wrote:I paid with my bank so I will see what I can do later.

To be fair, I played Radirgy in English and still barely gathered what was going on.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
FRO

Post by FRO »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Radirgy Swag LE will come with a beanie cap.

"Yeah, those didn't sell too well. So I've got 1,200 in my closet I have to do something with"

Reminds me of

"Hey, my band that currently has 23 fans is putting out our own single!!!"
"Uh, how many are you having pressed?"
"A thousand!"
"Hope you have a lot of closet space"
LOL, I still have about 70 t-shirts from my old band still kicking around in a tote. They've made great packing material for game consoles over the years.

On topic, is anyone confident that Dispatch is actually going to finally release Radirgy Swag? I see the updates they've given the last 2-3 weeks, and there's a glimmer of hope, but at this point, I feel like I won't believe it until the package is at my door.
Last edited by FRO on Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

I am not going to believe anything until I have the physical copy of the game in my hand.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

My guess is that Mr. Schorr received a fistfull of summons to small claims court and is now doing (another) song and dance to keep the wolves away.

I mean, he obviously had no money for the product six months ago, do you really think he was hit with some sort of windfall that's suddenly allowing him to push the product out the door without a moment's delay (especially now that he's offering some of his past cash raising attempts, such as the Radirgy beenie, as freebies)?

But really, I have no idea. There was reports that he sold his house, so maybe that gave him the cash to settle with the vendors, I'm not his accountant. However, simple pattern recognition tells me this road has been traveled before, and previously, it's been a dead end.