Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Re: Radirgy S

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

According to RS34, Shiota Hiroshi actually did a vinyl master instead of just handing the digital files to GZ, which makes a world of difference (trust me, this is part of what I used to do for a living)
Spoiler
(if Dispatch would have did the same, they would have said so as vinyl masters ain't cheap. So I think it's safe to say they just went for an in-house job. Which actually puts music onto the record, and not much else...)
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Well, I was all prepared to take the plunge and buy a copy, but Japan Post stopped shipping to Canada as of today. Guess I'll wait and see when they open that back up again.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Well, January is almost done. How's everybody liking Radirgy S? Awesome right?

Whoops...

(for those too lazy/disgusted to follow the link: New Date = later...)

I actually took a gander at Dispatch over the weekend to see if there was an update. There wasn't at that point, except the "everything will ship in January" tweet. However, I did notice that they finally had closed all pre-orders. So I did feel a little better that they finally stopped taking money from people. Meaning, they were either going to run to the Cayman Islands or pay their vendors and get their product out. Granted, I'm still not convinced the former isn't going to happen...

Edit: I just noticed the "we are still waiting on delivery for a few items" in the statement. Attempting to throw the vendors under the bus AGAIN. I wonder who they blame in their "statements" to the vendors about past due balances?
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

I had put in a change of address request like 3 months ago, and just yesterday got an email stating they had updated my order. I took it as a sign they are at least beginning to work on processing orders... but not holding my breath.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

That's nice how they don't even mention Ninja Jajamaru Collection for PS4.
I emailed them a half dozen times at the end of 2019 and early 2020 asking for status update or a refund, never once got a reply.
Thankfully my credit card company disputed the charge and got my money back.

The disingenuiness of their claims of turning over a new leaf are appalling at this point. Fuck them.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

The disingenuiness of their claims of turning over a new leaf are appalling at this point. Fuck them.

At this point, it seems that everyone is feeling that way.
All the replies to their previous stalls were all "Okay, thanks for the update! Can't wait!"
If you look at the replies to this one, they are much less chipper.

Much less.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

They keep claiming, that they're waiting on pieces of the le to ship stuff out. Why the hell not ship out the regular editions then at least??
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

So, over on Twitter, Dispatch took advantage of the catastrophic snow and ice the southern part of the country has been hit with, saying that it's the cause of delays and whatnot (their normal nonsense). Many folks replied with a reminder that the company is located in northern California which has enjoyed temperatures in the '60s while Texas was pounded.

Au contraire says Dispatch. "Over 7 inches of snow and ice have dropped on portions of our team and suppliers!" Although, they choose not to elaborate on the who, why, where, and how. But then, they post this photo:
Spoiler
Which is (I assume) the author having Radirgy S, Cruisin Mix, and Japanese Rail Sim loaded up on his Switch, ready to play.
Uhhhhh, the fuck is the point of that photo? Are they just straight-up trolling people now?

"Did you pre-order these three? Sucks for you... Meanwhile, I'm just gonna play a little Switch. Oh Shit! Look what I just so happen to have on my Switch"
AyeYoYoYO

Post by AyeYoYoYO »

Despatche wrote:What's with their obsession with Radirgy, grrr. Chaosfield! Chaosfield! Chaosfield!
I would warmly welcome all 3 spectacular Milestone titles from the Dreamcast getting more sequels. (Karous, Radirgy, Chaos Field)
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

KAI pointed out elsewhere that they mistranslated "Shi" (as in Shizuru", the radirgy protag) as "C"
:?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

That, and all the items are still in Japanese, the ABS gauge is still in Japanese...

At this point, the fan localization of Karous blows this shit outta the water...
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Ms. Tea wrote:Looks like they missed the April 21st date. Anyone hear any more news? I haven't heard back from my emails to them, and the store page still lists April 21: https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... n-preorder
Whelp here we are again, April 21st, the big release day.... just a year later and still no word.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Koa Zo wrote:
Ms. Tea wrote:Looks like they missed the April 21st date. Anyone hear any more news? I haven't heard back from my emails to them, and the store page still lists April 21: https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... n-preorder
Whelp here we are again, April 21st, the big release day.... just a year later and still no word.
*sigh*
Well, the last anyone heard from them is when they posted the Game Paradise character selection screen on twitter and stated "Stay tuned, we have a lot happening this month!"

This was on March 9th. I don't think anyone needs me to tell them that nothing happened that month. No Game Paradise (which was supposed to be released first in March) and certainly no Radirgy. There probably won't be any word from them until another natural disaster occurs so they can place blame upon it.

I sincerely hope some have started filing small claims against them. While I know that $60 or whatever hardly seems worth the trouble, that's precisely what they're probably banking on.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

It sure would be nice for one of the gaming news sites to run with the story. Maybe that would help make something happen.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Johnpv wrote:It sure would be nice for one of the gaming news sites to run with the story. Maybe that would help make something happen.
Nintendo Life ran something in January. But, the titles are so niche, I can't imagine a Polygon or whoever caring all that much, unfortunately.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Nintendo Life continues to put flame under Dispatch's ass

Not sure how much good it will do, but at least someone is doing something.

For what's it's worth, Radirgy Swag remains my favorite shooter to play portably, and I still think it's pretty remarkable how they were able to give the feeling of a manic shooter while making everything visible on a small screen. So at this point I'm going to really recommend importing, as the already long wait is starting to stretch into the infinite. It's simply too good of a game to go unplayed.
FRO

Post by FRO »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:Nintendo Life continues to put flame under Dispatch's ass

Not sure how much good it will do, but at least someone is doing something.

For what's it's worth, Radirgy Swag remains my favorite shooter to play portably, and I still think it's pretty remarkable how they were able to give the feeling of a manic shooter while making everything visible on a small screen. So at this point I'm going to really recommend importing, as the already long wait is starting to stretch into the infinite. It's simply too good of a game to go unplayed.
I saw the tweet from Nintendo Life earlier. Good to see someone still attempting to hold them accountable, given how long it's taken to deliver.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

FRO wrote:given how long it's taken to deliver.
This implies they have delivered anything, or will deliver, man. Time to chalk this up as a loss for us grabbers everywhere.
FRO

Post by FRO »

EmperorIng wrote:
FRO wrote:given how long it's taken to deliver.
This implies they have delivered anything, or will deliver, man. Time to chalk this up as a loss for us grabbers everywhere.
I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope. Don't take that away from me! :lol:
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Notes of 5pb's Ketsui? Will this simply exist one day and be... fine?
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

So the developer of Radirgy Swag doesn't even have any idea what is going on with Dispatch games.

https://twitter.com/rs34_kouhou/status/ ... 6114310145
Tachikomatic

Post by Tachikomatic »

Pretty bad overall that we havent heard anything from DPG.
Would be nice to hear from them and get an explanation and no bullshit.
Want Raidrgy badly.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

That's pretty much what RS34 has been saying when people contacted them privately. Well. that and the fact that they handed over everything to Dispatch years ago (meaning Dispatch's 'waiting for approval' excuse was complete bullshit. Like there was any doubt...)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but people really need to start sueing Dispatch*. That's really the only way they'll be forced to do anything. It's what small claims court is for, so you may as well take advantage of it.

*Contact for Dispatch
Tachikomatic

Post by Tachikomatic »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:That's pretty much what RS34 has been saying when people contacted them privately. Well. that and the fact that they handed over everything to Dispatch years ago (meaning Dispatch's 'waiting for approval' excuse was complete bullshit. Like there was any doubt...)

I hate to sound like a broken record, but people really need to start sueing Dispatch*. That's really the only way they'll be forced to do anything. It's what small claims court is for, so you may as well take advantage of it.

*Contact for Dispatch
Sounds like a plan.
Cant see the reasoning behind why they want to drop their reputation at all.
What about the other ports they where supposed to deliver years ago? Anyone heard anything from thoose developers?
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

They haven't made a public statement, but Sonic Powered released a download version of Japanese Rail Sim in the west - only for PS4, because the Switch version rights are still tied up with Dispatch. Can't imagine they're pleased with the situation. Every one of Dispatch's Japanese partners seems to be pissed.

I sent a support request asking to cancel both my open orders about a week ago but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone hard from them since their last tweet in March?
Tachikomatic

Post by Tachikomatic »

Ms. Tea wrote:They haven't made a public statement, but Sonic Powered released a download version of Japanese Rail Sim in the west - only for PS4, because the Switch version rights are still tied up with Dispatch. Can't imagine they're pleased with the situation. Every one of Dispatch's Japanese partners seems to be pissed.

I sent a support request asking to cancel both my open orders about a week ago but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone hard from them since their last tweet in March?
Haven't heard anything either on twitter or insta or any other source on the net. Shame really since they are digging themselves further and further down the rabbithole.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Ms. Tea wrote:I sent a support request asking to cancel both my open orders about a week ago but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone hard from them since their last tweet in March?
Well over a year ago I was sending cancel request emails every month to a couple different Dispatch email addresses. Never got one single reply.
I'd thought it was too late to have my credit card company do a reversal, but they actually were able to get my $100+ dollars back for the Ninja Jajamaru Collectors Edition for PS4 - Dispatch has pretty much erased any trance that they ever even sold that PS4 Collector's Edition - I wonder how many people they stole money from for that.

Stupidly I've let my pre-order for Radirgy S go unchallenged. I'm going to call my bank about that on Monday.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

according to this article, written by the same guy who has been hounding Dispatch, it was discovered that their office has been listed for sale. I think they really did take the money and run.

https://seafoamgaming.com/2021/06/26/th ... -downfall/
Tachikomatic

Post by Tachikomatic »

EmperorIng wrote:according to this article, written by the same guy who has been hounding Dispatch, it was discovered that their office has been listed for sale. I think they really did take the money and run.

https://seafoamgaming.com/2021/06/26/th ... -downfall/
Going from bad to worse..
Well guess I will be calling my bank tomorrow and solve my refund.