Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Phellan Wolf

Re: Radirgy S

Post by Phellan Wolf »

https://mobile.twitter.com/DispatchGame ... 5005750272

This week news are that there are no news this week :lol:
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

How they still manage to be in business is beyond me really.

Well, when a bunch of people give you money for a product you don't have, you end up with a bunch of money. That can be used for web hosting (the only overhead their 'business' requires), rent (if the business has a physical space, to which their's probably does not), and expenses (food, internet, cars, travel, craigslist hookers, etc)

It's a GREAT business model (which is why it's completely illegal)

The thing that's kind of irking me, is that they've taken to blaming RS34 "Oh, we're ready to go. It's just that those Japanese guys won't give art approval so we can get this show on the road..." And I have a feeling that RS34 isn' even aware this is happening since they don't seem to speak any English. I wonder what their reaction would be if someone who spoke their language informed them that they're being blamed for their game not getting a westren release.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

New update; the coins are in, and they included photos. Switch Jajamaru LE customers are getting theirs mailed out right away, while it looks like the Game Paradise and Radirgy Swag ones aren't shipping until the games themselves do.

Tweets: https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 8619992064 https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 4388665345 https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 9616353281
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Ms. Tea wrote:New update; the coins are in, and they included photos. Switch Jajamaru LE customers are getting theirs mailed out right away, while it looks like the Game Paradise and Radirgy Swag ones aren't shipping until the games themselves do.

Tweets: https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 8619992064 https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 4388665345 https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 9616353281
You didn’t tell everything. Dispatch states that Radirgy will launch on the north american eshop once the retail copies are ready :roll: :lol: :lol:
That may be never :lol: :lol:
Those guys are really a non sense
FRO

Post by FRO »

At least they're finally communicating. That's something.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Man, the Radirgy coins are pretty goddamn ugly...
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Phellan Wolf wrote:You didn’t tell everything. Dispatch states that Radirgy will launch on the north american eshop once the retail copies are ready :roll: :lol: :lol:
That may be never :lol: :lol:
Those guys are really a non sense
Feels like it would have been a pretty easy good faith move to release the digital version right away without waiting...
Wittischism

Post by Wittischism »

I've already had it downloaded from the JP eShop for a month or two. Tired of waiting and I wanted to play it. Had a Japanese account, anyways. It's easy enough to set up, imo.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Something I just noticed
This is from Dispatch's Twitter, they posted it in December to show how the localization was coming along
Spoiler
They added shorts under the girl's skirt...
So they're not only localizing, but censoring as well??

I can't believe I haven't seen anything about this before
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Speaking as a woman who wears skirts sometimes, wearing shorts under skirts is a time-honoured technique. It’s really not a big deal.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Ms. Tea wrote:Speaking as a woman who wears skirts sometimes, wearing shorts under skirts is a time-honoured technique. It’s really not a big deal.
I'm not saying anything about the act of wearing shorts under a skirt. I'm saying the shorts aren't in the Japanese version, meaning that Dispatch added the shorts themselves*, presumably because they felt the original image showed too much skin.
And if they took it upon themselves to do that, what else did they do?

I'm also just really surprised I've haven't heard anything about this before, as there are people that go nuts if anything is censored for a US release

*Strangely, the coin, which bears the same image is from the JP version, and shortless. Perhaps when they got the coins made they didn't yet know they were going to add anything to that image...
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:I'm also just really surprised I've haven't heard anything about this before, as there are people that go nuts if anything is censored for a US release
I'm still surprised some folks didn't set fire to the forum upon Ten and Till's Steam release. :lol:
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Those are also the ugliest shorts I've ever seen in my entire life.
Good job Dispatch. Way to ruin the whole color scheme thing going on too.

(what if it's actually Daisuke Nagata who drew them instead of Dispatch? :lol: )
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
endali

Post by endali »

i am in favor of any effort to un-sexualize little kids in japanese games, even if it's heavy handed. if they err on the side of putting extra clothes on children, i'm fine with that. sexualization of children, obsession with upskirts, all this stuff is a huge problem in japanese games and media, and it limits their marketability in the west, and it's gross. it's a problem.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

I keep forgetting this is getting localized...

I don't think the coins look too bad, though.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

BulletMagnet wrote:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:I'm also just really surprised I've haven't heard anything about this before, as there are people that go nuts if anything is censored for a US release
I'm still surprised some folks didn't set fire to the forum upon Ten and Till's Steam release. :lol:
Well, to be fair, the game is very niche. Though I even wonder if it was really necessary to give Till more clothing in the steam artwork when even its not reflected in her in-game sprite (thankfully). However, at least, the official english site of the game shows both the original and steam artwork versions of her outfit on display. (Though I woudn't be surprised if Lionwing asked Toro Nishino to commision giving Till more clothing in an alternative key art.)
M.Knight wrote:Those are also the ugliest shorts I've ever seen in my entire life.
Good job Dispatch. Way to ruin the whole color scheme thing going on too.

(what if it's actually Daisuke Nagata who drew them instead of Dispatch? :lol: )
I woudn't be surprised though, however, I'm not even sure if the shorts look off-model or anything, but who knows.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

For laffs, I went to the Dispatch Twitter to see if there's been any updates in the past month (there hasn't). But proudly pinned on top of their Twitter page is the test pressings for Radirgy and Game Paradise, both coming from Memphis Pressing.

Memphis is... cheap. In every sense of the word. The pressing is actually done in the Czech Republic and their bread and butter is collector's novelty items where the shrink wrap is never supposed to be cracked, let alone listened to (if you did, you find terribly mastered audio, with a poor, off-center press).

But, you can't say Dispatch isn't consistent...
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

That definitely doesn't inspire too much confidence. Guess that explains why the LE wasn't that much more expensive than the base game. At least it looks like they're making progress in getting everything together?
Triforce

Post by Triforce »

m.sniffles.esq wrote: They added shorts under the girl's skirt...
So they're not only localizing, but censoring as well??

I can't believe I haven't seen anything about this before
Not sure if it's got anything to do with Dispatch?

Shes got shorts on in the RS34 webshop logo as well, but i don't know how long it's been like that.

m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

shortz-gate
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Latest update from Dispatch: https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 6908589057

It's being pre-staged for shipping. Sounds like all of the various parts of the LE are coming together now. They showed the final sleeve art for the LE's record.

m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

It was just a mis-print, they meant Oct 2020 all along...
Well, if it actually comes out next month. The covers come with the pressing at the plant they used, so the covers being done isn't really any big deal (especially since they just included a pic of the art not of an actual cover. It's not like they're beyond a fib here and there...)
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

Argh, pre-ordered the regular edition. They better not fuck this up.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:It was just a mis-print, they meant Oct 2020 all along...
Well, if it actually comes out next month. The covers come with the pressing at the plant they used, so the covers being done isn't really any big deal (especially since they just included a pic of the art not of an actual cover. It's not like they're beyond a fib here and there...)
There is no way in hell it is coming out next month. I'll eat my socks if it does!
Like you point out, they couldn't even post an image of the actual completed album. We have no reason to believe they've even been printed yet. I'm sure they don't even have the consumer vinyl either or they would have shown it. They only showed the factory sample or whatever months ago.
Early 2021 release at best.

For now, I do wonder what the word is that is blocked out on the album artwork.

I would love to hear a behind-the-scenes as to what exactly causes these monumental delays and haphazard communication and misinformation from Dispatch Games.
I just noticed they are having a 50% off sale on their old stock. I'll guess as an effort to rally some funds to push the delayed projects through manufacturing.
Wilsoncqb1911

Post by Wilsoncqb1911 »

I preorder Game Tengoku on Switch. Standard edition. I figure at this point they will never deliver and basically stole the money. They'll never get support from me again. I want to order the digital version but won't now.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Don't ask me why I'm bothering, BUT, Dispatch now has January 2021 all over their site.

It's there, so I figured I'd report it.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Yeah, last week they officially announced all their releases are delayed to January: https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 3526587393
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I see via RS34's site that the Radirgy S soundtrack got a vinyl release in Japan with actual vinyl mastering and whatnot. If you're actually interested in the listening to the music (as opposed to just having the record as a collector's piece), that's probably the version you should get.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Ms. Tea wrote:Yeah, last week they officially announced all their releases are delayed to January: https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 3526587393
This is pretty fucking ridiculous. How do we go from September where they say these two games are shipping soon, to a January release.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:I see via RS34's site that the Radirgy S soundtrack got a vinyl release in Japan with actual vinyl mastering and whatnot. If you're actually interested in the listening to the music (as opposed to just having the record as a collector's piece), that's probably the version you should get.
According to Discogs it’s pressed by GZ Media, Memphis’s parent company, so I’m not sure whether to expect much more. https://www.discogs.com/Daisuke-Nagata- ... e/16229643