Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Re: Radirgy S

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

With Psyvariar Delta orders being cancelled yet again, I was going to say I'm starting to preemptively feel bad for RS34, in that the western release of Radirgy S is about to be completely botched by Dispatch. Except everything pertaining to it (and all other upcoming releases) seems to has disappeared from Dispatch's site...

Perhaps this is actually a blessing?
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:With Psyvariar Delta orders being cancelled yet again, I was going to say I'm starting to preemptively feel bad for RS34, in that the western release of Radirgy S is about to be completely botched by Dispatch. Except everything pertaining to it (and all other upcoming releases) seems to has disappeared from Dispatch's site...

Perhaps this is actually a blessing?
Dispatch's site still shows Radirgy S as well as The Game Paradise, they're also both still available for pre-order on there. What exactly are you talking about?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I think he meant "expect" instead of "except."

As in "expect Dispatch to take your money, fuck up the order/shipping massively, and then de-list the item from their site." Which sort of happened with Psyvariar Delta. Please, Dispatch, if you read this, prove me wrong. It'd be nice not to torpedo a new shmup release through shoddy logistics planning, to the point where everyone will order the Asian/Japanese release that will be out first and have an English option anyway.
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

EmperorIng wrote:I think he meant "expect" instead of "except."

As in "expect Dispatch to take your money, fuck up the order/shipping massively, and then de-list the item from their site." Which sort of happened with Psyvariar Delta. Please, Dispatch, if you read this, prove me wrong. It'd be nice not to torpedo a new shmup release through shoddy logistics planning, to the point where everyone will order the Asian/Japanese release that will be out first and have an English option anyway.
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. I expect to have to file a paypal claim in 5 months. We'll see what happens I suppose.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Yeah, whoops. Sort of...

It's gone from one
http://dispatchgames.com/

Still on another
https://readytodispatch.com/

Who knows?

I'm sorry for anyone who gave them dough. I'm sorry to any company who thought it was a good idea to let them handle anything. I'm just sorry all around...
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

Oh, I see sniffles. I didn't realize they had two sites.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

EmperorIng wrote:It'd be nice not to torpedo a new shmup release through shoddy logistics planning
I'm not convinced that's the only issue; if you haven't been to the Psyvariar Delta thread recently, when my copy finally arrived from them back in late July (and they had the gall to charge my card back in December) it was missing the DLC voucher, so I asked them to look into it and received a reply saying they were doing so. Nearly two months and a half-dozen subsequent requests later it's been completely radio silent, and I don't expect that to change; even if you're willing to wait for untold months on end for your product I still wouldn't recommend giving them a dime.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

So, the US version is supposed to be released/ship next week. Any idea if that's actually going to happen?
heli

Post by heli »

I love the dreamcast radirgy game, the music is great, the whole style i like.
Physical for PS4 soon ?, what a perspective, looks like silpheed, waste of screen space, the upper corners wont contain any enemys or bullets.
qmish wrote:
DialKnight wrote: Milestone?

Don't you mean "people who bought rights to their legacy" instead?

Unless Milestone director get out of prison and get back all colleauges, this aint milestone
Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?

I love TRIGGERHEART EXELICA more, wont this be on PS4 physical ?
I want them both!, and dont forget the rest.
BIL

Post by BIL »

heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
You come out with some great lines, heli. :mrgreen:

Not sure if he's actually in the slammer
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:So, the US version is supposed to be released/ship next week. Any idea if that's actually going to happen?
L O L
O L O
L O L
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Pretty much what I figured, it's just that I recommended it to 70 people some of which are asking me if it's indeed being released next week, so I figured I go fishing on the off chance that someone received an e-mail or whatnot.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

They seem to be running a giveaway for it so maybe it actually happens?

https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 43712?s=20
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Heh, it seems they're not running the giveaway, just linking to it. Which means something will actually be given away...

UPDATE:
And one day before it's supposed to ship... They say 'Well actually, probably sometime next month"

https://readytodispatch.com/products/ra ... n-preorder

Ah Dispatch...
If you think about it though, it's actually positive progress. The Dispatch of old would have kept the Oct 15 date on their site until January.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:So, the US version is supposed to be released/ship next week. Any idea if that's actually going to happen?
They've updated the product page with an 11/2019 release date now.
The limited edition set is also available for pre-order again. It had been marked as Sold Out last I looked. Also; strangely, they've removed the text that says it was limited to 500 pieces.

And they've also listed a Ninja Jajamaru Collection Japanese Utage Set Limited Edition with a 12/12/2019 release date. Why even bother listing a specific date? Do they really think one day they'll actually meet a projected ship date?!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

he limited edition set is also available for pre-order again. It had been marked as Sold Out last I looked. Also; strangely, they've removed the text that says it was limited to 500 pieces.
Not so oddly, since they're obviously using pre-order cash to cover printing/production costs. Need more money? Take more pre-orders. We'll figure out actually honoring those orders... Later.

I'm amazed they are running a business this way. I'm absolutely fucking gobsmacked they're getting away with it.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

As a surprise to no one, Dispatch has pulled the 11/19 release date from their site. Now it just says there will be an update "soon". Not a release, but an update. Whatever that's supposed to mean...
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

They also removed the Game Paradise release date as well. I've given them money for both games, feeling kind of stupid now.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I wonder how much, if any, of CityConnection's money is keeping this "company" afloat. Hopefully not much; I'd hate to see the Japanese devs throw money away to a bunch of retro-game hucksters.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I wonder how much, if any, of CityConnection's money is keeping this "company" afloat. Hopefully not much; I'd hate to see the Japanese devs throw money away to a bunch of retro-game hucksters.
I feel bad for RS34, who made a good fucking game, and could probably use a few western sales to keep them afloat. It was supposed to happened last month, then this month, now who knows?

Ever wait for a check you really needed to come in the mail? It's probably a really protracted version of that.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Hey, now you can pre-order Radirgy Swag t-shirts and watchcaps from Dispatch, so you can have official merch not show up along with your game!

Every time that I think they've gotten as unbelievable as they're going to get... They really know no bottom.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

And now these jokers have the gall to blame the coronavirus for their ongoing delays. :lol:
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

again, their lack of bottom is astounding.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

This delay makes Game Paradise, what like 8 months late.
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

Does this release have an English translation, or do they just slap a Japanese cart in a new box?
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

jedinat wrote:Does this release have an English translation, or do they just slap a Japanese cart in a new box?
They've said it'll have an English translation. Unfortunately it didn't get a retail release in Japan.
jedinat

Post by jedinat »

Ms. Tea wrote:
jedinat wrote:Does this release have an English translation, or do they just slap a Japanese cart in a new box?
They've said it'll have an English translation. Unfortunately it didn't get a retail release in Japan.
So it won't have an English eshop release?
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

jedinat wrote:So it won't have an English eshop release?
It sounds like it will, but it's been delayed to the same date as the physical. I would have liked to see them release the eShop version early given it's probably ready to go; it would have made a nice way to make up for the delays so far.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

If it ever comes out at all! it's currently five-and-a-half months late!
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Looks like they missed the April 21st date. Anyone hear any more news? I haven't heard back from my emails to them, and the store page still lists April 21: https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... n-preorder

Latest tweet is from early April about the City Connection Jaleco licensing stuff. They haven't talked about the release schedule since the last announcement two months ago.