Radirgy S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ms. Tea

Re: Radirgy S

Post by Ms. Tea »

Actual signs of life? Now there's a surprise. https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 7712103430
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

That's cool and all. But there's still the subject of this thread to consider. As far as I've seen, nothing has moved forward with it at all (other than a screenshot of a half-completed translation)
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:That's cool and all. But there's still the subject of this thread to consider. As far as I've seen, nothing has moved forward with it at all (other than a screenshot of a half-completed translation)
I think we can assume Dispatch Games needs the money from additional sales of Game Tengoku before they can move on Radirgy Swag.

These companies have helped curb my desire for physical games. I've tied up 100s of dollars with these flimsy businesses, always waiting for months (sometimes years) past their advertised release dates.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Radirgy Swag Pre-Order customers - We are reviewing orders and preparing the download codes. There is a process for us to go through, so please stay tuned for additional updates. It take a little time to sort through and get the e-mails prepared.

Doesn't there, y'know, need to be a digital version before you send out codes to download it? Or are they sending out codes for the Japanese version?
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

If you have a final build that's passed cert, it's not impossible to give away codes before release day - that's how press copies and things like IGF work. It's also ESRB-rated now - not sure how recent that is? So I guess it's possible they might be coming up on release and may be giving preorder customers a code before the official release. Or they might just release it instead of holding it back for the day the physical version maybe probably never comes out.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

If they have a final build that's passed cert and ready to go live, that's the lede at this point. People have been waiting for three years. Not "we'll be sending out some codes some time eventually probably"
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

We're now creeping up on November and those copies of Game Paradise that were all ready to be shipped at the end of August remain unseen.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

I'd seen that Play Asia has a listing for Dispatch's Radirgy Swag, it had shown an Oct release date as well, but now TBA.
I wonder if Dispatch got PlayAsia to pay upfront for a chunk of the production run (would it even work like that?) - but then just gambled or snorted that money away.
What has been going on with Dispatch Games?! inquiring minds want to know - there's some ridiculous story behind all of this.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Unsurprisingly, the only concrete progress they've shown lately has been the physical bonuses - coins, etc. Last comment on Game Paradise was two weeks ago, saying that they're in the assembly process for standard editions. (How long does that take? I have no idea but it seems really slow for such a small run.) https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 0128337924

Where'd this coin thing come from anyway? Is anyone really passionate about that or is it just some kind of extra they figured no one else was doing?
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Where'd this coin thing come from anyway?

I'm really not sure. Nippon Ichi has just started to put coins in all their LEs too. My guess: a place that does them cheap was discovered. Like, real cheap.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

I've been wondering who on earth wants those coins.
First Press Games sends them with their games and they are actually somewhat large heavy metal coins. All I could think is "how stupid" and "how much does this add to their shipping fees?"
PC Engine Works was the first I encountered the insipid coins, they've been doing it for quite a few years.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Bubblegum Crisis' KS included one, but it is really nice. (Has Largo and Priss on each side)
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Koa Zo wrote:What has been going on with Dispatch Games?! inquiring minds want to know - there's some ridiculous story behind all of this.
Ms. Tea wrote:Last comment on Game Paradise was two weeks ago, saying that they're in the assembly process for standard editions. (How long does that take? I have no idea but it seems really slow for such a small run.)
I'd bet it's something as simple as an exhausted, depressed broke guy struggling to eke out those few droplets of spare willpower each evening & weekend, trying to keep this thing afloat whilst being forced to work another gig to pay the rent. I'm sure lockdown and shipping delays have been a drag in all sorts of ways, physical, mental & logistical.

I'm just glad an effort is still being made to fulfill orders. I'd more than half assumed the download codes were going to be the make-good while the publisher quietly went under.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Sengoku Strider wrote:I'd bet it's something as simple as an exhausted, depressed broke guy struggling to eke out those few droplets of spare willpower each evening & weekend, trying to keep this thing afloat whilst being forced to work another gig to pay the rent.
I think that's exactly it. People made a big deal about their "HQ" being sold awhile back but, like, the fact it was just a personal house is a sign this is a hobby operation that hit a bunch of roadblocks they're having trouble recovering from. I don't know if they were ever making a profit to begin with but they're definitely not. Linkedin bios seem to suggest only two people ever worked there.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

They're now claiming it'll come out the "week of the 20th". https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 5929384961 As always we'll see if it really happens (probably not). They still haven't posted any new screenshots or anything else to suggest it's real and it's not on Nintendo's release calendar.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

Ms. Tea wrote:They're now claiming it'll come out the "week of the 20th". https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 5929384961 As always we'll see if it really happens (probably not). They still haven't posted any new screenshots or anything else to suggest it's real and it's not on Nintendo's release calendar.
That tends to happen with niche shmups, there was no media whatsoever on the "Ultimate Shooting Collection", so it was hard to believe they actually translated Radirgy until I actually saw it.
(Same with Shikigami 1's story translation on Steam.)
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

They also claimed Game Tengoku would start shipping at like the end of August, its the middle of December and nothing has fucking shipped.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Sengoku Strider wrote: I'd bet it's something as simple as an exhausted, depressed broke guy struggling to eke out those few droplets of spare willpower each evening & weekend, trying to keep this thing afloat whilst being forced to work another gig to pay the rent. I'm sure lockdown and shipping delays have been a drag in all sorts of ways, physical, mental & logistical.

I'm just glad an effort is still being made to fulfill orders. I'd more than half assumed the download codes were going to be the make-good while the publisher quietly went under.
You're being far too generous and forgiving here.
Lockdown and shipping delays??!? Dispatch Games has offered nothing but lies long before covid.
You may be correct about the personal situation behind the company - ultimately someone making horrible business decisions and stringing customers along is all it really is.
Fine if they got in over their head. Shit happens. But to continually and repeatedly try to lie your way out of it? No, fuck that, and this company, and the people behind it.
Johnpv wrote:They also claimed Game Tengoku would start shipping at like the end of August, its the middle of December and nothing has fucking shipped.
And let's also not forget Ninja Jajamaru Collection for PS4. Dispatch Games apparently are going to pretend preorders were never sold by them, I guess. They haven't mentioned it in forever, I think all traces of it have been scrubbed from their website.
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

The currently slated release date for the English eShop version is now Jan 10.
But that's not real news until it actually comes out, in my eyes.

Here's some real news though!!
Pause the game, then hold L, R, LZ, RZ, X, Y, and B, and then press A while holding all the other buttons to exit the pause menu. You will get a little window at the right with three values (maybe you don't have to press all these buttons, but I haven't checked yet
**Edit: you don't need to press L, R, ZL, or ZR - just X, Y, and B as you press A to exit the pause menu)
"Ave" seems to be average speed, "Barigo" is the total time spent with max reception at the top left, and "Debris" is the value of junk items collected in that run.
The requirements for entering endless mode are based on these three values in each run. I still don't know the thresholds for each one though, but apparently it gets easier as you complete more orders (I'm guessing that the average speed value is boosted at the start of the run, and the "Debris" value you get for each junk item increases with more orders). Turns out the orders weren't solely for decoration after all.
I got this from a magazine called Game Labo that had some questions for RS34 submitted by people over Twitter.
I only wish I knew what the actual requirements are and how they change with progression (this trick will make it easier to identify the conditions though)

Very exciting stuff - makes me want to get back into scoring this one (still enjoying swamp at the moment)
Last edited by mojilove on Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Holy crap! I'm not sure I can press and hold all those buttons at once.
Maybe if I use my arcade stick and sit on it...
mojilove

Post by mojilove »

Just tested it and you don't need to press any of the shoulder buttons - just hold X, Y, and B as you press A to exit the pause menu.
I can also confirm that the "Ave" always starts at 3.000000 even on a new save file, and star items are worth 6 debris while brown junk items are worth 1 (I think).
I just tried doing a run with a new save file and I had an average speed of 9.466956, barigo for 10m42s, and 260 debris, but I did not get endless. During my lunch break I had an average of about 11.00, barigo for like 8m, and maybe 300 debris or so. I guess the requirements are still hidden, and they get more relaxed as you progress with orders.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Since no one even bothered to post the newest "update", I may as well...

Well, the 20th has come and gone, and obviously the digital version was not released.

Turns out this was due to "holiday scheduling guidelines" for the eshop... It will now be out in nine days:

https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 8751055873

this is the first I've ever heard of the eshop's guidelines being any different during a holiday (does this happen for easter and mother's day too?) Not to mention, the 20th was five days before any holiday (and the 10th is nine days after), so I guess we're not dealing with exacts.

So they've officially started making excuses for both the physical (the thing everyone paid for) AND the digital (the thing everyone didn't pay for) versions...
Sengoku Strider

Post by Sengoku Strider »

Koa Zo wrote:You're being far too generous and forgiving here.
Lockdown and shipping delays??!? Dispatch Games has offered nothing but lies long before covid.
You may be correct about the personal situation behind the company - ultimately someone making horrible business decisions and stringing customers along is all it really is.
Fine if they got in over their head. Shit happens. But to continually and repeatedly try to lie your way out of it? No, fuck that, and this company, and the people behind it.
Hey, I'm not saying anyone has to be happy about it, they've been sitting on Game Tengoku pre-orders for more than a year now...pre-orders for a game that was released digitally more than a year & a half ago. I wouldn't order from them again at this point. But I also can't get myself all the way to venomous over it; I'd be surprised if there were any particular malice involved.
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

Sengoku Strider wrote:Hey, I'm not saying anyone has to be happy about it, they've been sitting on Game Tengoku pre-orders for more than a year now...pre-orders for a game that was released digitally more than a year & a half ago. I wouldn't order from them again at this point. But I also can't get myself all the way to venomous over it; I'd be surprised if there were any particular malice involved.
It's true, habitual and unrepentant liars do get my venom pumping.
I don't think for a second there was any intended malice.
Just someone who made bad business decisions and strings customers along by peddling half truths and wishful thinking.
I feel bad for the people behind this. For their failing business, but moreso for their inability to come clean.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Sengoku Strider wrote:I'd be surprised if there were any particular malice involved.
As critical as I am of Dispatch (or what's left of it), I am inclined to believe, as you do, that they didn't go into this intending to rip anyone off; however, I also very strongly believe that the wheels came off of this operation a long time ago, and that the people behind it, from that day to this, have not been the least bit forthcoming about the state of things nor what they are or have been equipped to deliver at any point in the process. And that, I would submit, at some point becomes its own form of malice.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

BulletMagnet wrote:
Sengoku Strider wrote:I'd be surprised if there were any particular malice involved.
As critical as I am of Dispatch (or what's left of it), I am inclined to believe, as you do, that they didn't go into this intending to rip anyone off; however, I also very strongly believe that the wheels came off of this operation a long time ago, and that the people behind it, from that day to this, have not been the least bit forthcoming about the state of things nor what they are or have been equipped to deliver at any point in the process. And that, I would submit, at some point becomes its own form of malice.
This is my issue at this point. Stop telling me my pre-order is going to ship on some date in a few months that you constantly miss and blame on any number of excuses. Just be honest, tell me what the fuck is going on with it at this point. 4 months ago they claimed we would be getting shipping notification very soon, and yet nothing.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

I currently think Dispatch's current goal is merely to keep the court summonses away. Saying 'this is shipping at the end of the month' does that. While saying 'hopefully we'll be shipping in 6-8 months' does not.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

see you all in a week when we don't get our download codes!
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Well, it's actually in the eshop!

PROOF
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Wow. Okay, they delivered! The Japanese version didn't get a patch with English, so I've picked this up and will give it a shot tonight. Hopefully the translation's decent.