shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:08 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Radirgy S
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:24 am 

m.sniffles.esq wrote:
I see via RS34's site that the Radirgy S soundtrack got a vinyl release in Japan with actual vinyl mastering and whatnot. If you're actually interested in the listening to the music (as opposed to just having the record as a collector's piece), that's probably the version you should get.

According to Discogs it’s pressed by GZ Media, Memphis’s parent company, so I’m not sure whether to expect much more. https://www.discogs.com/Daisuke-Nagata- ... e/16229643

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:39 pm 

According to RS34, Shiota Hiroshi actually did a vinyl master instead of just handing the digital files to GZ, which makes a world of difference (trust me, this is part of what I used to do for a living)

Spoiler: show

(if Dispatch would have did the same, they would have said so as vinyl masters ain't cheap. So I think it's safe to say they just went for an in-house job. Which actually puts music onto the record, and not much else...)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:54 pm 

Well, I was all prepared to take the plunge and buy a copy, but Japan Post stopped shipping to Canada as of today. Guess I'll wait and see when they open that back up again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:07 pm 

Well, January is almost done. How's everybody liking Radirgy S? Awesome right?

Whoops...

(for those too lazy/disgusted to follow the link: New Date = later...)

I actually took a gander at Dispatch over the weekend to see if there was an update. There wasn't at that point, except the "everything will ship in January" tweet. However, I did notice that they finally had closed all pre-orders. So I did feel a little better that they finally stopped taking money from people. Meaning, they were either going to run to the Cayman Islands or pay their vendors and get their product out. Granted, I'm still not convinced the former isn't going to happen...

Edit: I just noticed the "we are still waiting on delivery for a few items" in the statement. Attempting to throw the vendors under the bus AGAIN. I wonder who they blame in their "statements" to the vendors about past due balances?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:06 pm 

I had put in a change of address request like 3 months ago, and just yesterday got an email stating they had updated my order. I took it as a sign they are at least beginning to work on processing orders... but not holding my breath.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:36 pm 

That's nice how they don't even mention Ninja Jajamaru Collection for PS4.
I emailed them a half dozen times at the end of 2019 and early 2020 asking for status update or a refund, never once got a reply.
Thankfully my credit card company disputed the charge and got my money back.

The disingenuiness of their claims of turning over a new leaf are appalling at this point. Fuck them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:41 pm 

The disingenuiness of their claims of turning over a new leaf are appalling at this point. Fuck them.

At this point, it seems that everyone is feeling that way.
All the replies to their previous stalls were all "Okay, thanks for the update! Can't wait!"
If you look at the replies to this one, they are much less chipper.

Much less.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:56 am 

They keep claiming, that they're waiting on pieces of the le to ship stuff out. Why the hell not ship out the regular editions then at least??

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:46 pm 

So, over on Twitter, Dispatch took advantage of the catastrophic snow and ice the southern part of the country has been hit with, saying that it's the cause of delays and whatnot (their normal nonsense). Many folks replied with a reminder that the company is located in northern California which has enjoyed temperatures in the '60s while Texas was pounded.

Au contraire says Dispatch. "Over 7 inches of snow and ice have dropped on portions of our team and suppliers!" Although, they choose not to elaborate on the who, why, where, and how. But then, they post this photo:

Spoiler: show

Which is (I assume) the author having Radirgy S, Cruisin Mix, and Japanese Rail Sim loaded up on his Switch, ready to play.
Uhhhhh, the fuck is the point of that photo? Are they just straight-up trolling people now?

"Did you pre-order these three? Sucks for you... Meanwhile, I'm just gonna play a little Switch. Oh Shit! Look what I just so happen to have on my Switch"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:30 pm 

Despatche wrote:
What's with their obsession with Radirgy, grrr. Chaosfield! Chaosfield! Chaosfield!
I would warmly welcome all 3 spectacular Milestone titles from the Dreamcast getting more sequels. (Karous, Radirgy, Chaos Field)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:53 pm 

Localized gameplay vid

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:55 pm 

KAI pointed out elsewhere that they mistranslated "Shi" (as in Shizuru", the radirgy protag) as "C"
:?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:47 pm 

That, and all the items are still in Japanese, the ABS gauge is still in Japanese...

At this point, the fan localization of Karous blows this shit outta the water...

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8