Here's the Tokimeki Memorial save with Force Gear unlocked

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ReyVGM

Here's the Tokimeki Memorial save with Force Gear unlocked

Post by ReyVGM »

Here's a Magic Engine backup ram save for Tokimeki Memorial that has Twinbee and Force Gear unlocked.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/terduz

I don't know which backup format people's Magic Engine uses, so I included both. Just place the files where the originals are, load the game, enter the options, go to the omake section and the minigames will be there.

I don't have save files for other emulators, and I don't know how to convert these backup ram files to the individual save files other emus like Ootake or Mednafen use. If anyone knows, let me know.
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Here's the Tokimeki Memorial save with Force Gear unlock

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I recall having to burn a CD-R disc just to load the proper "hacked" backup ram save file to get access to the cool hidden Force Gear shmup within the Tokimeki Memorial game itself and trying it out on a real bona-fide PC Engine Duo-RX setup. Cool mini shmup nevertheless. Makes me wish that Konami made Force Gear as a proper fully-realized/developed Super CD-Rom2 or Arcade CD-Rom2 STG title release with more stages added to round things off (& not to mention that cool full and lush 44.1 kHz redbook audio BGM tunes that the Super CD-Rom2 format was famously known for).

It's cool to be able to stick a PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 CD-Rom2/Super CD-Rom2/Arcade CD-Rom2 game disc into a dedicated standalone CD music player and listen to the awesome redbook audio BGMs.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
BIL

Post by BIL »

Many thanks. :smile: Always had a need for this at the back of my mind, but cheekily assumed it'd be out there, somewhere, whenever I finally went looking. Having it show up right here on the forum is a treat indeed. :mrgreen:
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

There's the PC Engine Works website that sells a PC Engine reproduction release of Force Gear as it's own seperate game entity. Just simply boot it up like any ol' PCE Super CD-Rom2 game disc and viola, it'll boot up straight to the FG stg game. How cool is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Thank you for this -I once played Tokumeki for like three hours intending to get these but fuck me that game is boring.

Will be interesting to try there now!
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
parodius

Post by parodius »

I guess this could be converted to a SSDS3 save file ?
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.