ura dreams (next romhack)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
M.Knight

Re: ura dreams (next romhack)

Post by M.Knight »

Xyga : I know you don't behave like him so you're not "the same". All I am saying is that I prefer the you who talks about games and hardware rather than the you who argues with Banana.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
chum

Post by chum »

Bananaman>>>>>>>>>Xyga
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Xyga wrote:
Durandal wrote:I can see where banana is coming from concerning the lack of depth in shmup discussion here, which is understandably more aggravating when you're more of a scoreplayer yourself
Well there was that sikrit discord where the big players fled, the kind of 'better place to talk shmups' he praised quite a while ago while he was already pissing all over this forum, but they kicked him out, apparently he's an ass even with with his fellow scoreplayers.
After that obviously he's only got here left to discharge his frustration, apparently it's at this point that his trolling/shitposting the farm leveled up. His constant copy-pasting shmupg's anti-farm bullshit doesn't provide him much moral support, yet besides some idiots who still support his assery here, that's all he's got.
Probably tough for someone who probably wanted to be some kind of shmupping eceleb with the attention and respect, yet failed hard just because he thinks for some reason that being an insufferable ass makes him cool.

PLASMO TAKE HIM BACK FFS!
Xyga... What exactly started your obsession with banana, anyways? What discord are you talking about and what is shmupg?
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Xyga wrote:but they kicked him out
I left myself
Xyga wrote:PLASMO TAKE HIM BACK FFS!
here's a deal
plasmo releases his pink sweets and donpachi replays and I request a permaban here
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Bananamatic wrote:I left myself
and were denied return. dunno wth you did there but knowing your attitude its not hard to guess.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

where are you getting your info from because it's basically all wrong
I just got bored of the "everything in arcades is secret" mentality that's just pissing on the corpse of an already dead genre
the same thing you mentioned to not like
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Bananamatic wrote:
Xyga wrote:PLASMO TAKE HIM BACK FFS!
here's a deal
plasmo releases his pink sweets and donpachi replays and I request a permaban here
Let's just stay here together and have a good time. :D
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

you have a once in a lifetime opportunity to remove the demon from xyga's head
what will you do
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

leave the demon in xyga's head please . his obsession is funny
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Bananamatic wrote:where are you getting your info from because it's basically all wrong
I just got bored of the "everything in arcades is secret" mentality that's just pissing on the corpse of an already dead genre
the same thing you mentioned to not like
Well there are other places to talk with people, too many, are you asking for a name? and yeah you left that discord that's what I've heard, but try going back there see if they let you in again.
You know if you want the farm to be a good place for valuable shmups scoring/competition talk, you could just try to make it happen, you could be a valuable asset member for reviving that part. It might be too late for developing something with significant participation but heh, even when there was still at least a bit of discussion you consistently complained and crapped over that because it wasn't enough or not how you wanted it to be. It's rich of you to complain after that.

Just try making an effort, bring in what you think is good, and if people have missed an info/update/fact or whatever, post it, only without: the condescension, cringy cynism, spamming of shmupg's anti-farm buzzwords, shiposting, negativity, that you force on this forum's users in most topics-discussion where you post, ever damning us like we're responsible for everything wrong or going away in this genre.

Also try considering people's points instead of acting like you're the only one who's right in any discussion because of your playing record, like that'd make you an omnipotent authority on any topic; this place isn't only about scoring performance and competition, I know that for some reason some wished it had become exclusively that, like an esports arena and nothing else. So they left (why? because sharing space with others not dreaming of champion's fame like they do is unbearable?).
But as this community is and always been; there's room for all variables of interests related directly or indirectly to shmups, and profiles, many much more ancient than yours, you could have enriching exchanges with if not for your usual treatment. Instead of despising the nature of this community, accept its components, or keep being an ass forever and see if it gets better.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you're only hoping to stir ever more chaos, using this forum as a dump for your personal frustrations, or simply enjoying wiping your ass with it. If so then curse you and the idiots enjoying your dragging this place through the mud.

@charlie; fuck you :wink:

@Plasmo; 'together' ? from you that word, err...
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

there's not much to be positive about
currently only rolling gunner, the psyvariar port and m2 being alive

the rest is overpriced crap most won't even get to play, hacks that require you to buy overpriced crap and mediocre ports of games that have been available for ages
arcades and home gaming are basically natural enemies and I don't see a reason to go against your own interests
look at rhythm games, almost all arcade exclusive
bamco keeps the gundam games on console and arcade completely different
shou basically confirmed that exa games can't be ported else there's no point to arcades and aka to blue type S was cancelled completely
revive arcades=home shmups get fucked
Xyga wrote:but try going back there see if they let you in again.
oh no I can't be somewhere I don't even want to be
chum

Post by chum »

from what i remember seeing, people were sad to see banana go

face it Xyga this is your battle
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

do the mods actually read the forum? like if 2/3rds of a thread is a retarded slap fight between a dumb troll and his friends and a guy who will earnestly give tedious essay-length responses to them maybe the thread should be closed.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

I don't think you can get banned unless it turns straight up offensive or if you post shitty new threads for the sole purpose of shitposting
if there's at least a hint of actual content you get a free pass
some forums on the other hand will come up with new rules on the spot just to get rid of you because you get incredibly efficient at pissing off people in a civil way that breaks no current rules
Last edited by Bananamatic on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

I'm not even asking for anyone to get banned, though the guy with the nude lolis in his sig probably should be
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

they're too busy hunting down cee alts
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

good, that guy sucks
chum

Post by chum »

mycophobia wrote:I'm not even asking for anyone to get banned, though the guy with the nude lolis in his sig probably should be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

chum wrote:
mycophobia wrote:I'm not even asking for anyone to get banned, though the guy with the nude lolis in his sig probably should be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4
you should probably also be in jail if I had to guess
chum

Post by chum »

tranny?
BIL

Post by BIL »

This thread's frustrated manlove index is exploding off the god damn charts. Image
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

chum wrote:from what i remember seeing, people were sad to see banana go
well he's pretty nice to have around the 10% of the time he's not acting like an ass. but I think he's aware of that.

some though only like asses and being assholes themselves
your own battle I believe...
chum wrote:fucking idiots
...iirc ended quite a while ago in a burst of rage. go back to shmupg, you've found you place there.

--

Bananamatic wrote:there's not much to be positive about
I'm trying to connect the reason why while knowing this genre is at the end of its history, you find motivations to take your frustration of that fact over this community and whatever little activity and people are left, again as I suggested, in place of trying to be at lest a bit positive and supportive whatever is left.
And no it's not just RG and Psyvariar, if you want to see only that and ignore everything else of course that's shrinking an already very small activity. eXA is activity even if you refuse to ackowledge its legitimity, and some devs still make games even if slowly there are threads here, and Comiket still exists. (ed: and yeat the 4 horsemen hacks are activity too, no one forces you to like what they do though of course)
Ports are news too even if of course for those who have played these games in the past it's not, but there are still people who never owned some titles and are happy to be able to play some of the great ports by M2 indeed.
It's all we'll get, no more activity than that, and it'll even slow down as years pass. If that puts you into a depression just look at something new outside of shmups.
Bananamatic wrote:the rest is overpriced crap most won't even get to play, hacks that require you to buy overpriced crap and mediocre ports of games that have been available for ages
arcades and home gaming are basically natural enemies and I don't see a reason to go against your own interests
look at rhythm games, almost all arcade exclusive
bamco keeps the gundam games on console and arcade completely different
shou basically confirmed that exa games can't be ported else there's no point to arcades and aka to blue type S was cancelled completely
revive arcades=home shmups get fucked
We've tried our best to explain the reasons to be positive about eXA as thin as they are, and you ferociously ignored/rejected everything, making those exaggerated and absurd statements.
Sure eXA means a handful of games we won't be able to play anytime soon if there isn't an arcade in the neighborhood (which for us in Europe is pretty much certain), but it also means a business model (which you completely refused to hear about no matter how or who bothered to explain the logic) that motivates a handful of developers mainly in Japan who otherwise wouldn't care to develop any games at all. It was obvious from the beginning that the only positive for those who can't play in arcades is a prospect, a possibility, a thin one yes, that these developers using the benefits when it works will also develop games and versions specific for the non-arcades market, like they did up until the 2000's.
Yes it's very thin, it'll maybe result in only a handful of titles accessible to the greater public, and that over quite a long period.
And again nobody ruled out console versions, that hasn't changed, or you haven't read carefully, but those might only happen in a long time. or there won't be any but maybe sequels or completely original titles if we're lucky, who knows. In any case it'll put some idle developers at work, nobody owns a crystal ball.

But again the purpose of eXA is only to reactivate an old branch of the market, not to appropriate all future potential games and lock them down to a closed world of rich collectors, which is an absurd, borderline conspirationist fabrication worthy of a bunch of tards a la shmupg.
If you want to keep annoying and cursing people with those irritating 'dad collector arcade hipster' whatever shit generalizations you repeat like a robot, well you can't here or rather you're doing it at the wrong place, since apparently you're failing to realize they're almost all gone from here and you're charging the remaining farmers who are in the same boat as you of offenses not their doing.
Oh sure there were still some here and there to post a degree of quite outdated - I have to admit - collectionite or purism that's slightly laughable in this era, whatever, that's not everyone, and whatever for those who still have this old-fashioned vision who cares, they don't represent all of the shmups community. Do you get that or for you, nope, definitely the farm is a den of dad collectors arcade hipsters period ? if you still think so and intend to continue regurgitating that crap here, well, fuck you.
Bananamatic wrote:oh no I can't be somewhere I don't even want to be
Well whatever your reasons, I don't care. Personally I disapprove of their isolationism, can't help but see a form of disdain here, and they're taking away from the public lots of information that could be valuable documentation for anyone interested in digging into the genre in the future. Not cool.

mycophobia wrote:do the mods actually read the forum? like if 2/3rds of a thread is a retarded slap fight between a dumb troll and his friends and a guy who will earnestly give tedious essay-length responses to them maybe the thread should be closed.
I'm actually taking with banane here, not just fighting, in those rare moments he stops his assery we can talk normally.
If you're not interested you're not forced to read...and if you're not happy I'm taking down my cool sig you meanie! :p
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Xyga wrote:If that puts you into a depression just look at something new outside of shmups.
Banana has been posting pretty enthusiastically about Persona 5, I'll give him that.
chum

Post by chum »

Xyga wrote:go back to shmupg, you've found you place there.
there's more than two online places to be in, you know? I've been here much longer and posted here 100x as much, but I guess I'm one of "them" now. nice "us and them" you've got there.
I definitely don't appreciate all the petty bickering, pointless metaposting, political bullshit, enraged virtue signalling, etc etc etc that goes on here. And as for shmups it's a total noobfest so a good player like myself has nothing to contribute here.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Xyga wrote:We've tried our best to explain the reasons to be positive about eXA as thin as they are, and you ferociously ignored/rejected everything, making those exaggerated and absurd statements.
I believe only what I see and I've seen nothing but seeing arcade games screw over non-arcade players for the sake of staying alive in practically every genre
explain how that will not happen here after even shou confirmed multiple times that despite their friendly policies, it's basically required to even exist in the first place
sure is doing wonders for gundam right now with 3 different active versions where the console players are basically nothing but a neglected test bed for new mechanics literally eating shit off the floor hoping the dev even notices you

blind optimism is dumb, when M2 release 3 great ports I have a reason to believe that the 4th one will also be great
when arcade causes nothing but issues for non arcade players in every genre, I have no reason to believe that won't happen with shmups too
eXA is activity even if you refuse to ackowledge its legitimity, and some devs still make games even if slowly there are threads here, and Comiket still exists. (ed: and yeat the 4 horsemen hacks are activity too
it's activity until it gets released because it turns out almost no one is even able to play it (which is kind of the point of games)
the four horsemen hacks are basically non games, no one outside of a few madmen is going to do stuff to their $1000+ boards to play it
Sumez wrote:Banana has been posting pretty enthusiastically about Persona 5, I'll give him that.
because it's a great game
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:fucking idiots
...iirc ended quite a while ago in a burst of rage. go back to shmupg, you've found you place there.
Xyga wrote: fuck you.
did I win
Zaarock

Post by Zaarock »

I think a lot of the older regulars are tired of the genre or posting about it here. Strategy, scores and development board should be active regardless of discord since that's an awful platform for guides and such.

I'm happy enough that ZeroRanger & Blue Revolver DA are coming out this year and M2 continuing to work on ports. That's at least two great shmups and the best possible people refining older titles. Not to mention a bunch of others like rolling gunner. Don't see how it could be much better. Many players aren't even looking for new games and just grind older ones, their inactivity doesn't mean there's nothing happening. Xyga maybe stop reading shmupg if it pisses you off that much, is it worth your time?
KAI

Post by KAI »

chum wrote:And as for shmups it's a total noobfest so a good player like myself has nothing to contribute here.
This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes everyone here hate the 2hufans. I call it the grazing syndrome.
chum

Post by chum »

KAI wrote:
chum wrote:And as for shmups it's a total noobfest so a good player like myself has nothing to contribute here.
This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes everyone here hate the 2hufans. I call it the grazing syndrome.
don't care
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Bananamatic wrote:blind optimism
From me? I've been only minimizing the impact/importance of the introduction of eXA, whether in regard to its positive or negative effects.
Bananamatic wrote:when arcade causes nothing but issues for non arcade players in every genre, I have no reason to believe that won't happen with shmups too
For that I haven't looked at every genre and what's going on a the moment, but I still don't see how in the hell arcades would be some sort of enemy, it's only a different business that's not immediately related to home entertainment (well naturally) and for us just a side addition from which we might benefit at home in several years from now. That's how it worked before, only much faster.
Sure you'll only believe it when you see it, of course same for me, but without patience you won't see anything at all anyway.
(who knows how many of us will still care at all about the state of a bunch of old game gneres in a few years from now)
Bananamatic wrote:the four horsemen hacks are basically non games, no one outside of a few madmen is going to do stuff to their $1000+ boards to play it
Nothing stops us from playing via emulation (of course that means separate scoreboards for those who will go that far), I suspect it's only by pretense that MMS stated that it's impossible to play those in MAME or DEmul, from what I've tried myself it's not impossible to bring slowdowns in, but finding acceptable/playable settings for that isn't easy and has yet to be investigated. I've hinted that it would have been nice from them to help what's the huge majority of people who indeed definitely can't just grab and convert a pcb, in finding an acceptable way to play the hacks in emulators, but that was received the wrong way, apparently they're set on ignoring that they have brought the game to the public in a rather clumsy fashion and very promptly took offense instead of trying to round up the edges.
Bananamatic wrote:did I win
Mine wasn't gratitously edgy like his. Yeah you win if you want.
Last edited by Xyga on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
donluca

Post by donluca »

This turned out a pretty interesting thread.

I like both Xyga (although a tl;dr at the end of each of his wall of texts would be appreciated) and banana, they each have their own ways.

The issue here is that the market has evolved quite abruptly starting from the 32 bit era with PSX and Saturn.
Back then arcades used top hardware to make insane games which then would get (often badly) ported to home consoles after a certain amount of time.

Technology has evolved and become much cheaper which means that arcades are now on par (and sometimes even behind) current gen consoles (let's not talk about PCs which currently smokes everything in sight), so one of the big appeals of arcade games have faded away.

The only thing arcades can do now to survive is either bring something the regular home users would struggle getting (like arcade racing cabs with nice seats, wheel and gear shift) or keep exclusives to themselves.

IMHO, a good middle way to go would be to let, for example, EXA keep the exclusive for 1-2 years and then let release the exclusives for consoles (and, meanwhile, refresh the current lineup of games with new ones, updated or arranged versions).

Oh well, back to lurking I go.