ura dreams (next romhack)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
KAI

Re: ura dreams (next romhack)

Post by KAI »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:a thousand people wanting to put in their ideas which might clash with the teams
dude, it's PS, no one plays or give a damn about that awesome game.
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:Virtually everyone thought it was official
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:It was announced on an actually good forum instead
glad to see UD was announced here instead
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

KAI wrote:
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:a thousand people wanting to put in their ideas which might clash with the teams
dude, it's PS, no one plays or give a damn about that awesome game.
Agreed.
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:Virtually everyone thought it was official
Image[/quote]

A lot of people did and a lot of people weren't sure. I wasn't implying that I read your mind.
KAI wrote:
Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:It was announced on an actually good forum instead
glad to see UD was announced here instead
It was first announced on the PSSC website obviously.

This quote system sucks.
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote: Actually you seem to be the main person playing whatever "game" he is doing but everyone here is burned by it. He's the worst poster I've ever seen not be banned. Just negative negative negative whine whine whine this wasn't done EXACTLY the way I want it blah blah blah. Pathetic moderation on a shithole board.
I'm pretty sure your constant personal attacks on banana are far more banworthy than his non-chalance and cynical sense of humor (which is fucking hilarious btw).
Muchi Muchi Spork

They'd probably be doing me a favor, then I would have a hard reason to never have to read his shit anymore.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

DietSoap wrote:I'm pretty sure your constant personal attacks on banana are far more banworthy than his non-chalance and cynical sense of humor (which is fucking hilarious btw).

@Muchi Muchi Spork: there's a lot of points for which I don't really agree with you and some misunderstandings, but I'll say just this; more importantly these hacks need more incentive and discussion here, on these forums, but it won't be good without you or Plasmo etc. That's all, you can, Plasmo can, and you can actually ignore banana or if he ruins these particular threads then report the annoyance, I think that at least still works.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

It's not like there's much to discuss right now anyway, all we have is a title screen that wouldn't look out of place in one of those expanding brain memes.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

...So are you one of the four horsemen Spork?

Otherwise I don't understand why you're taking this so personally.

Like I get being frustrated with the fact that everybody here is super jaded and apathetic and that most devs that try to present here are REEEEE'D at until they leave, but this seems a bit much.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

the four horsemen of shmups
dad, collector, arcade purist and touhou lolicon
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote: Which is why PSSC was the most satisfying hack release of all time. Virtually everyone thought it was official or might be then made a judgement based on that, then way later found out it was a hack and had to confront their feelings of likely illogically liking it less because the people programming it weren't getting a Cave paycheck. Absolutely delicious.
What the hell? Don't you think you are reading a bit much into this.
I have no interest in Pink Sweets either way, but I would have an interest in Cave actually having some bit of focus on shooters at this point in time, even if it all it amounted to were after-hour hobby tweaks to their old games.

I never thought Suicide Club was an official Cave release, and I doubt most other people thought that either, but I liked entertaining the thought.
Official Cave or not, having an alternate version of the game that supposedly fixes most of its issues is appreciated no matter who made it. Over time it might even gain some traction, who knows? People really appreciate the EspGaluda arrange mode from the PS2 release, and as far as I know, Cave had nothing to do with that either.

The biggest issue with any alternate (and improved) version of a game that was never a part of any official release - ie. a romhack - is that this version very rarely becomes the accepted way to compete in said game.
Even if you aren't good at the game, or don't care much about the international competition of any version of Pink Sweets, there's a certain satisfaction to playing "the real" version of a game. People don't play Donkey Kong with the original, much more sensible, stage progression of the Japanese version, because "the official" competition is in the final of the American revisions. People want to play "the real one", and it's always gonna be tough for a fan product to be accepted as "the real one", that goes without saying. They usually end their life cycle at "curious novelty".

If you think there's a bunch of "absolutely delicious" disappointed Cave fanboys hanging out around this most despicable forum, feeling like idiots for liking something that turned out not to be Cave, I think you're probably gonna be disappointed.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Sumez wrote:People really appreciate the EspGaluda arrange mode from the PS2 release, and as far as I know, Cave had nothing to do with that either.
that explains why it's a harder mode and not an even easier one
Muchi Muchi Spork

cave hermit wrote:...So are you one of the four horsemen Spork?

Otherwise I don't understand why you're taking this so personally.

Like I get being frustrated with the fact that everybody here is super jaded and apathetic and that most devs that try to present here are REEEEE'D at until they leave, but this seems a bit much.
There would be more talking like me but Banana already drove them all away. It's not worth posting here if you have to share space with his trolling, read his constant negativity that bleeds all over everyone else and infects them.
Sumez wrote: If you think there's a bunch of "absolutely delicious" disappointed Cave fanboys hanging out around this most despicable forum, feeling like idiots for liking something that turned out not to be Cave, I think you're probably gonna be disappointed.
No, nothing to do with trying to make people feel like an idiot at all, I just mean it's a cleaver way to try and get some people to accept the fact that a hack can be as good as a game where the programmers got a paycheck from a game company.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

I think most people are fully accepting of that. This place has never been a stranger to criticizing Cave's design descisions anyway.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote: Which is why PSSC was the most satisfying hack release of all time. Virtually everyone thought it was official or might be then made a judgement based on that, then way later found out it was a hack and had to confront their feelings of likely illogically liking it less because the people programming it weren't getting a Cave paycheck. Absolutely delicious.
While that feeling is actually kinda funny, I wonder what are the reasons you and your team even made this hack. It seems like you are happier about trying to piss off people and being demeaning towards the forum than actually talking about the game itself, the changes, the design decisions, you know, the shmuppy stuff. Where is the burning, flaming passion that drove your team to make changes to a game nobody plays just because you still like it and want it to be played more? If it's there, I ain't seein' it, man. :|
Cry about Banana all you want, but despite his (hilarous) cynism he seems to be much more interested in playing and discussing games than what your comments suggest you are.

I defintely understand wanting to playtest the game in the Japanese arcades and at Stunfest before releasing the patch and all the required files as to have a properly balanced public release, but now that it is there and that people can have a chance to try it, there isn't any reason to be ultra secretive anymore. Pink Sweets isn't even a game lots of people play in the first place, and I am not sure there are tons of resources on the game itself, so beginner-friendly guides and tutorials can be a way to help people get into it. Not saying that's sure way to success, glory and fame, but do you think saying "this forum is a shithole" helps in any way? Meh, of course not lol. This forum is what we all make of it, so if you don't want it to be terrible, don't have a terribly negative attitude yourself. :wink:
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Also, where is this english language, active STG related forum where people talk on-topic about shmups all day, and are much cooler than on this forum because there is no bananamatic?

I mean, Cave-STG could be pretty cool, but it's not exactly brimming with action.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

M.Knight wrote:Cry about Banana all you want, but despite his (hilarous) cynism he seems to be much more interested in playing and discussing games than what your comments suggest you are.

*extreme facepalm*
Sumez wrote:Also, where is this english language, active STG related forum where people talk on-topic about shmups all day, and are much cooler than on this forum because there is no bananamatic?
+1. If there are mods actually moderating and no banana/4chan diarrhea this could be interesting (I'm not interested in hidden whatever place though, as I strongly disagree with taking away shmups discussions from the public)
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Xyga wrote:no banana/4chan diarrhea this could be interesting
the diarrhea is here in the first place because that forum doesn't exist
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Xyga wrote:
M.Knight wrote:Cry about Banana all you want, but despite his (hilarous) cynism he seems to be much more interested in playing and discussing games than what your comments suggest you are.

*extreme facepalm*
Haha, I can see why it doesn't seem logical, but I am sure that this desire to talk about games is there, underneath all the negativity.
Just take a look at who even started this thread in the first place to talk about this project.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

I actually made it to take the piss because the suicide club thread died immediately after release
the rolling gunner thread has better discussion (and anyone can play it)
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

@M.Knight: dude you're looking through an incredibly efficient rosy filter.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

Xyga : It's defintely a possiblility!
But I think I would rather be too optimistic and try to see the positive side of those threads and posts even if it's not really there rather than complain all the time and ending up becoming just as negative as the people or the stuff I would be complaining about, if not more. :wink:

Banana : I would say that the fact that you made this thread, even if it was in jest, shows that at least you care a bit about the matter. Not saying you look forward to the romhack, but at least it sorta exists in your mind and in ours instead of being completely ignored. Plus, it sparked some discussion, and maybe the four horsemen team can now better reposition their "Ura dreams" logo, which is still something. :lol:

On a side-note, I should probably give Rolling Gunner some more tries.
MaXXX

Post by MaXXX »

Muchi Muchi Spork wrote:[
There would be more talking like me but Banana already drove them all away. It's not worth posting here if you have to share space with his trolling, read his constant negativity that bleeds all over everyone else and infects them.

Can confirm I have been afraid and intimidated of posting on this forum due to the bullying, hateful vitrol from Bananamatic (Banana is a racist slur against POC of colour, btw) and his 4chan army
BIL

Post by BIL »

I'd have thought you'd be more afraid of Gus. :o
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

M.Knight wrote:Xyga : It's defintely a possiblility!
But I think I would rather be too optimistic and try to see the positive side of those threads and posts even if it's not really there rather than complain all the time and ending up becoming just as negative as the people or the stuff I would be complaining about, if not more. :wink: .
Yeah, nope. No. Those tired of banana's shit are for reasons, like a fucking year-worth of dealing with his daily trolling and shitposting. Don't be one of those "you're the same" who seem to think they're diplomats, especially if you are not enough aware of the situation (like the mods), or get ready and grab a fire suit Michael, because you'll need it for this ride.
maximo310

Post by maximo310 »

Xyga wrote:
M.Knight wrote:Xyga : It's defintely a possiblility!
But I think I would rather be too optimistic and try to see the positive side of those threads and posts even if it's not really there rather than complain all the time and ending up becoming just as negative as the people or the stuff I would be complaining about, if not more. :wink: .
Yeah, nope. No. Those tired of banana's shit are for reasons, like a fucking year-worth of dealing with his daily trolling and shitposting. Don't be one of those "you're the same" who seem to think they're diplomats, especially if you are not enough aware of the situation (like the mods), or get ready and grab a fire suit Michael, because you'll need it for this ride.
Can't wait to see the hottest summer horror movie: attack of the internet bogeyman
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

maximo310 wrote:Can't wait to see the hottest summer horror movie: Attack on Trolltan
fixed
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Despite all the meta discussion surrounding banana, my experience is he's the one most often actually talking about games.

Yes, this is a metapost too.
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

It is illegal to hack roms.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

DietSoap wrote:Despite all the meta discussion surrounding banana, my experience is he's the one most often actually talking about games.

Yes, this is a metapost too.
I can see where banana is coming from concerning the lack of depth in shmup discussion here, which is understandably more aggravating when you're more of a scoreplayer yourself
mycophobia wrote:It is illegal to hack roms.
Don't tell Nintendo
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Durandal wrote:I can see where banana is coming from concerning the lack of depth in shmup discussion here, which is understandably more aggravating when you're more of a scoreplayer yourself
Well there was that sikrit discord where the big players fled, the kind of 'better place to talk shmups' he praised quite a while ago while he was already pissing all over this forum, but they kicked him out, apparently he's an ass even with with his fellow scoreplayers.
After that obviously he's only got here left to discharge his frustration, apparently it's at this point that his trolling/shitposting the farm leveled up. His constant copy-pasting shmupg's anti-farm bullshit doesn't provide him much moral support, yet besides some idiots who still support his assery here, that's all he's got.
Probably tough for someone who probably wanted to be some kind of shmupping eceleb with the attention and respect, yet failed hard just because he thinks for some reason that being an insufferable ass makes him cool.

PLASMO TAKE HIM BACK FFS!
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

one thing's for sure: we should definitely keep posting about him