Can't purchase X360 PAL Dodonpachi Resurrection DLC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
prophetic

Can't purchase X360 PAL Dodonpachi Resurrection DLC

Post by prophetic »

I apologize in advance for the long post, but I would really appreciate any help you can offer. I have searched for previous threads on the PAL X360 DDP Resurrection DLC to get help on the matter, but for the most part these threads are several years old and I didn't know if I should necro bump them.
I am in the US, and I have already created a separate UK marketplace gamertag and loaded it with £10 from prepaid cards. I have signed into this UK gamertag on both my US 360 and the UK marketplace, but I am unable to complete the purchase from either device.

From the marketplace website I cannot find or use the prepaid £10 when choosing payment options. My only options are to use a Paypal account or add a credit card. I have added my US Paypal account; however, when I try to purchase with Paypal it does not work. A similar error with Paypal happens when trying to purchase from my 360, as well. I have also tried adding a credit card for UK purchases, but the address formatting does not allow the use of a US credit card.

I do want to make it clear that I have tried buying this DLC from both a PC and my 360, using a newly created gamertag set to the UK. I am unable to add credit cards from 360 or PC because of the address format only allowing UK addresses. My Paypal account is also unable to purchase the DLC from 360 or PC. Finally, the prepaid £10 shows on my 360 and I can actually select it as my payment option, but the purchase does not go through.

From the previous threads I mentioned, it seems like people in the US were able to purchase the UK DDP DLC. I am at a loss here, and would really appreciate any help you can offer. If you are in the US and have bought the UK DLC in the past, can you think of anything I've done wrong or am missing?

Thanks again for reading this long post.
DialKnight

Re: Can't purchase X360 PAL Dodonpachi Resurrection DLC

Post by DialKnight »

I'll be making an attempt at the same thing in a week or so, I'll let you know if I run Into the same issues.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

Happy 4th of July, DialKnight! I hope you have success when you try to buy it next week. Please let me know how it goes for you.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

prophetic wrote:I am in the US, and I have already created a separate UK marketplace gamertag and loaded it with £10 from prepaid cards.
prophetic wrote:From the marketplace website I cannot find or use the prepaid £10 when choosing payment options. My only options are to use a Paypal account or add a credit card.
You are logged into to different accounts in both these screenshots, they have different avatars. In the first screenshot it shows 2 currencies with USD being at the top. Is that your US account? It looks like you've somehow added the GBP to that and not your UK account. I don't know if that's even possible but I've never seen a Microsoft account show 2 separate currencies like that.

A US paypal account or US credit card won't work, the only way is to add points. If you buy more points, log into your UK account on your xbox and redeem them there to make sure you're doing it to the right account.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

DoomsDave wrote: You are logged into to different accounts in both these screenshots, they have different avatars. In the first screenshot it shows 2 currencies with USD being at the top. Is that your US account? It looks like you've somehow added the GBP to that and not your UK account. I don't know if that's even possible but I've never seen a Microsoft account show 2 separate currencies like that.

A US paypal account or US credit card won't work, the only way is to add points. If you buy more points, log into your UK account on your xbox and redeem them there to make sure you're doing it to the right account.
It's the same account. One is the gamertag avatar through the Xbox marketplace, while the other is the Microsoft account avatar.

As far as I know, there isn't a way to have a gamertag without being associated to a Microsoft email address. My real account is a different gamertag associated to a different Microsoft email.

The GBP is added to my UK region account. I can screenshot my US account later for comparison.

EDIT:
One thought I have about your point of showing two currencies on my UK account: it was originally a US account, but changed to UK through the region change option.

Here's two screenshots of my US region main account. In them, you will again see two different avatars depending on whether it's account.microsoft.com or marketplace.xbox.com displaying the information.
  1. US region Microsoft account showing US currency only
pmp

Post by pmp »

The DLC might be ip locked. When I downloaded Futari from the JP store I had to use a VPN to get around the ip check.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

pmp wrote:The DLC might be ip locked. When I downloaded Futari from the JP store I had to use a VPN to get around the ip check.
Here's what another poster said in the region free Xbox 360 games thread I linked in the OP:
thelion1856 wrote:
Spoiler
Some games are region free and can be downloaded on Xbox live just make a Japan account.

The following games can be downloaded with just making an account for the specified marketplace as they are region free to play and download. I can confirm they work as I have done this method to download all these games onto my xbox360 US.:

Region Free/No IP Lock downloads:
(EU Marketplace)
Dodonpachi Resurrection
Dodonpachi Resurrection 1.51
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label
Unless Rising Star Games changed the setting, it should work without VPN. For possible future reference, how would I connect the 360 through VPN?
pmp

Post by pmp »

I used a VPN on my PC, connected my 360 to my PC, and then bridged the connection.
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

I wound up hitting the same download wall but managed to track points and make an account with ease. Now trying a VPN for downloads
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

DialKnight wrote:I wound up hitting the same download wall but managed to track points and make an account with ease. Now trying a VPN for downloads
Thanks for the update, man. Sad to hear you encountered the same problems. Please let me know if you find a workaround.
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

So I lost three x-boxes, and got sidetracked from getting the dlc. In a stroke of luck, I am getting a NTSC-J 360 for nothing, and so made the jump to the black label release. Still gonna get the resurrection dlc, as my UK account has the credit. For now I'm feeling alright.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

Sorry to hear you lost three Xboxes. If I understand you correctly, you're just switching over to the JP Daifukkatsu release instead of PAL Resurrection?
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

prophetic wrote: If I understand you correctly, you're just switching over to the JP Daifukkatsu release instead of PAL Resurrection?
Yep, If I can't play the PAL resurrection, the bright side is KetsuiPachi
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

You're making me jealous. I guess I'm still out of luck on the PAL 360 DLC. Do you know any other good shmup forums I could try to ask for help?
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

pmp wrote:I used a VPN on my PC, connected my 360 to my PC, and then bridged the connection.
Probably go this route if you have a pc. It's a rabbit hole, so be careful
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

DialKnight wrote:
pmp wrote:I used a VPN on my PC, connected my 360 to my PC, and then bridged the connection.
Probably go this route if you have a pc. It's a rabbit hole, so be careful
I have a VPN subscription already, so I shared that connection through Ethernet to my 360. It's able to connect Xbox Live, but it still has an error trying to purchase the content with my prepaid balance. I think I'm out of options at this point.

Unless.. Is it possible for a UK bro to use my UK gamertag and purchase the DLC, then I download it to my 360?
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

Bump.

Sorry to be asking this, if it's against the forum's rules (don't really care if it's against Microsoft's), but would anybody in the UK be willing to use my log-in information to sign in on their 360 to try and purchase Black Label and Ver 1.51? I have 10 GBP prepaid on the Gamertag in question, and that's really all I stand to lose if someone maliciously changes my Gamertag/email's password and I lose access.

If the purchase is successful, I'm hopeful that I can then finally download the DLC to my 360. Thanks in advance.
thelion1856

Post by thelion1856 »

You don’t need a vpn for the EU downloads, you just need to make a EU account, there is a thread on this board that shows you how to make a Japan account on Microsoft it’s the same thing for EU but for EU just make a fake address I think is how I did it, I think I actually googled a Pub address and used that as my address. I did it all online through my phone so I think I must have used PayPal or at worst used the fake address for my credit card. Once that was done I switched my gamer tag (signed in) on my actual xbox360 to my EU account changed my region setting on my 360 to EU I think and then was in their EU shop where I found the downloads. This was years ago but I followed the same tutorial for making a JP account but with EU. Once you are in the EU store on your actual 360 console then it should work.
Make sure your console region is Set to EU. I think that’s what might make it work. Sorry but this was some good years ago when I did it. But I remember the EU was easier than the JP downloads cuz in the JP downloads you have to look for the game you want to download digitaly and hope it works. And all my downloads on that 360 thread I made were all done without VPN. I have no idea how to even use a VPN or anything g about VPN and all those games in that thread I put down I can confirm because I did it myself. I highly doubt that Microsoft or any other company went back to update that there needs to be a VPN or locked to country for a download that previously didn’t have one. Why? Because it would take extra time and money for a niche set of gamers. Shit I’m still waiting on Amazon to update Blue Planet 1 to HD from SD in the past 7 years. Still that has not happened.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

thelion1856 wrote:You don’t need a vpn for the EU downloads, you just need to make a EU account, there is a thread on this board that shows you how to make a Japan account on Microsoft it’s the same thing for EU but for EU just make a fake address I think is how I did it, I think I actually googled a Pub address and used that as my address. I did it all online through my phone so I think I must have used PayPal or at worst used the fake address for my credit card. Once that was done I switched my gamer tag (signed in) on my actual xbox360 to my EU account changed my region setting on my 360 to EU I think and then was in their EU shop where I found the downloads. This was years ago but I followed the same tutorial for making a JP account but with EU. Once you are in the EU store on your actual 360 console then it should work.
Make sure your console region is Set to EU. I think that’s what might make it work. Sorry but this was some good years ago when I did it. But I remember the EU was easier than the JP downloads cuz in the JP downloads you have to look for the game you want to download digitaly and hope it works. And all my downloads on that 360 thread I made were all done without VPN. I have no idea how to even use a VPN or anything g about VPN and all those games in that thread I put down I can confirm because I did it myself. I highly doubt that Microsoft or any other company went back to update that there needs to be a VPN or locked to country for a download that previously didn’t have one. Why? Because it would take extra time and money for a niche set of gamers. Shit I’m still waiting on Amazon to update Blue Planet 1 to HD from SD in the past 7 years. Still that has not happened.
Thanks! I'll double check if I can set a region setting on my 360. I just assumed it was UK already because I set that through the website. Plus when I go to the store through my 360 it shows the UK store.
Twist1441

Post by Twist1441 »

I actually contact Microsoft CS and the publisher Rising Star games about this. No help from MS but the publisher said their license on the game had expired and the DLC was disabled and should have been removed.

It's probably been like this since January when the game was first delisted. Shame since this was in my backlog for so long, when I actually got around to playing it and wanting to purchase the DLC it was much too late.
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

Twist1441 wrote:I actually contact Microsoft CS and the publisher Rising Star games about this. No help from MS but the publisher said their license on the game had expired and the DLC was disabled and should have been removed.

It's probably been like this since January when the game was first delisted. Shame since this was in my backlog for so long, when I actually got around to playing it and wanting to purchase the DLC it was much too late.
This is extremely informative. Now I can give up on this DLC in peace.
Twist1441

Post by Twist1441 »

prophetic wrote:
Twist1441 wrote:I actually contact Microsoft CS and the publisher Rising Star games about this. No help from MS but the publisher said their license on the game had expired and the DLC was disabled and should have been removed.

This is extremely informative. Now I can give up on this DLC in peace.
At least the black label version is available on Steam
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

Twist1441 wrote: At least the black label version is available on Steam
True enough, and I do own the Steam version as well. I prefer consoles, however, and that's why I'm bummed about having an incomplete Dodonpachi Resurrection. But once again, thanks so much for the helpful information.
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Sad news. I wish this and all the other Cave shmups would come to XB1 backwards compatibility.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

urghh its still on there as available but won't let me download, guess its a non starter ? im in uk
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

dmk1198 wrote:urghh its still on there as available but won't let me download, guess its a non starter ? im in uk
Before I ask though, the account and currency is both set in a PAL region, right? In this case, you mentioned UK, have you tried purchasing it, or rather, if you did, I suppose to re-download it?

Either ways, someone has already brought up the issue of DDP Res. digitally on social. -> https://twitter.com/DS91_FGC/status/1281116026512592898

In case you can't download the DLC, unless the gamerpics/themes still work for some reason. Then yeah, chances are, the DLC is disabled for purchasing (along with possibly no longer re-dl'ing), along with the game being delisted digitally. And sadly, this is one of those delisted games you can't re-download again, even from the download history.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
davyK

Post by davyK »

Another reason to hate digital distribution.

When I get a game I get all the DLC as soon as I can - just in case this very thing happens. :(

Back up your hard drives. :<
prophetic

Post by prophetic »

I didn't create this thread until 2018, but I was unable to buy the DLC since first trying in 2016. I haven't tried again ever since I was told in this thread that the game was delisted. Bummer to hear you can't redownload it either, though. Physical media all the way.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

It really is frustrating, isn't it? This is why preservation efforts are important, even if it pisses off some beancounters.
dmk1198

Post by dmk1198 »

Yes I'm UK everything, not bought so not a redownload, just comes up with excuses whatever log in I used on console or pc,changing cards to PayPal no difference
NeoStrayCat wrote:
dmk1198 wrote:urghh its still on there as available but won't let me download, guess its a non starter ? im in uk
Before I ask though, the account and currency is both set in a PAL region, right? In this case, you mentioned UK, have you tried purchasing it, or rather, if you did, I suppose to re-download it?

Either ways, someone has already brought up the issue of DDP Res. digitally on social. -> https://twitter.com/DS91_FGC/status/1281116026512592898

In case you can't download the DLC, unless the gamerpics/themes still work for some reason. Then yeah, chances are, the DLC is disabled for purchasing (along with possibly no longer re-dl'ing), along with the game being delisted digitally. And sadly, this is one of those delisted games you can't re-download again, even from the download history.