shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:46 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Darius Cozmic Collection [Switch, PS4]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:01 pm 

Part two is looking to be a little weird in that I would think that anyone who cares probably already has Dariusburst on pc or ps4 (unless there's new content...).

However, it would be awesome for newcomers if they keep the $60 price point. You'd be getting G for $10... Unfortunately, that same $60 price point would scare most newcomers off.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:09 pm 

I was browsing the eshop yesterday and a handful of roms for FIFTY NINE US DOLLARS AND NINETY NINE CENTS?

Thats a bit much. The Taito Collections on PS2 were $20 new?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:19 pm 

Hearteningly, G-Darius looks largely unchanged here. (It hasn't been shoehorned into a different aspect ratio, at least.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:36 am 

Klatrymadon wrote:
Hearteningly, G-Darius looks largely unchanged here. (It hasn't been shoehorned into a different aspect ratio, at least.)

Yup, it looks just like an upscaled version of it with some kind of filter applied on it?? :?
The word laziness as reach a new meaning.
So if they wanted to focus on 3d titles they could have throw in al the Darius Burts saga but they have to milk it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:01 am 

I'll hold off on lazy till I know what exactly is offered. Mind you, no arcade-accurate port of G-Darius yet exists. Plus with save states, replays, widgets, etc. this won't be some Digital Eclipse shitjob.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:32 am 

^Exact same feeling. There's nothing lazy about a fully featured HD port of G Darius. That's like saying M2's ESP. Ra. De. port is lazy and overpriced. Even if that was the only thing they announced I'd be happy with it.

And I'm betting there will be more announcements to come, especially with regards to the inevitable limited edition.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:39 pm 

ACSeraph wrote:
And I'm betting there will be more announcements to come, especially with regards to the inevitable limited edition.

Strictly Limited Collector's Edition with a 1:1 replica of Eclipse Eye? I'm in.

My videos
Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:46 am 

Are they ever going to ship these stupid things to the States? Come July, I'll bet they'll be saying August/September. This is the only bad thing about dealing with these types of companies. They get your money way in advance and take their time manufacturing stuff. I still want to buy Space Invaders from them but this makes me think twice.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 am 

Japan or bust... My Japanese edition was even eventually updated to have English menu text.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:44 pm 

steveovig wrote:
Are they ever going to ship these stupid things to the States? Come July, I'll bet they'll be saying August/September. This is the only bad thing about dealing with these types of companies. They get your money way in advance and take their time manufacturing stuff. I still want to buy Space Invaders from them but this makes me think twice.

This isn't even a case of manufacturing though. That's done since they've shipped this to EU orders. This is them claiming they picked a different shipping method for the states and just not shipping shit out even though they have it on hand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 pm 

I've seen pics on Twitter of the standard editions already, so I'm hoping SLG gets off their collective butts and starts shipping the LE's soon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:07 pm 

FRO wrote:
I've seen pics on Twitter of the standard editions already, so I'm hoping SLG gets off their collective butts and starts shipping the LE's soon.

They hace started to ship the LE of the game. Mine got posted a few days ago.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:03 pm 

sick-grabbers always get tricked and swindled; see: Dispatch games, entire history of.
Don't be fooled by the allure of special sashimi plates...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:15 pm 

Right they've started shipping the LE and regular editions of the games, just not to anyone in the US. Even though they have it all on hand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:40 pm 

I'm in the UK. Still waiting for my regular arcade collection to dispatch too, despite purchasing during the first batch of preorders. I think LRG has just been a little haphazard in shipping out orders rather than it being a continent-specific issue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:37 pm 

Yeah, I've heard of a few others in the UK receiving their LEs but I haven't had an email about it yet, so things are certainly a hit uneven. No biggie - things are still moving a lot faster than I could reasonably expect...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:16 pm 

Martinov wrote:
I'm in the UK. Still waiting for my regular arcade collection to dispatch too, despite purchasing during the first batch of preorders. I think LRG has just been a little haphazard in shipping out orders rather than it being a continent-specific issue.

Just in case try and view your order on https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com or the email you got when you did the preorder. If it has been sent they have added the tracking # there.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13