Darius Cozmic Collection [Switch, PS4]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
m.sniffles.esq

Re: Darius Cozmic Collection [Switch, PS4]

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

Part two is looking to be a little weird in that I would think that anyone who cares probably already has Dariusburst on pc or ps4 (unless there's new content...).

However, it would be awesome for newcomers if they keep the $60 price point. You'd be getting G for $10... Unfortunately, that same $60 price point would scare most newcomers off.
To Far Away Times

Post by To Far Away Times »

I was browsing the eshop yesterday and a handful of roms for FIFTY NINE US DOLLARS AND NINETY NINE CENTS?

Thats a bit much. The Taito Collections on PS2 were $20 new?
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Hearteningly, G-Darius looks largely unchanged here. (It hasn't been shoehorned into a different aspect ratio, at least.)
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Klatrymadon wrote:Hearteningly, G-Darius looks largely unchanged here. (It hasn't been shoehorned into a different aspect ratio, at least.)
Yup, it looks just like an upscaled version of it with some kind of filter applied on it?? :?
The word laziness as reach a new meaning.
So if they wanted to focus on 3d titles they could have throw in al the Darius Burts saga but they have to milk it.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I'll hold off on lazy till I know what exactly is offered. Mind you, no arcade-accurate port of G-Darius yet exists. Plus with save states, replays, widgets, etc. this won't be some Digital Eclipse shitjob.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^Exact same feeling. There's nothing lazy about a fully featured HD port of G Darius. That's like saying M2's ESP. Ra. De. port is lazy and overpriced. Even if that was the only thing they announced I'd be happy with it.

And I'm betting there will be more announcements to come, especially with regards to the inevitable limited edition.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

ACSeraph wrote:And I'm betting there will be more announcements to come, especially with regards to the inevitable limited edition.
Strictly Limited Collector's Edition with a 1:1 replica of Eclipse Eye? I'm in.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

Are they ever going to ship these stupid things to the States? Come July, I'll bet they'll be saying August/September. This is the only bad thing about dealing with these types of companies. They get your money way in advance and take their time manufacturing stuff. I still want to buy Space Invaders from them but this makes me think twice.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Japan or bust... My Japanese edition was even eventually updated to have English menu text.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

steveovig wrote:Are they ever going to ship these stupid things to the States? Come July, I'll bet they'll be saying August/September. This is the only bad thing about dealing with these types of companies. They get your money way in advance and take their time manufacturing stuff. I still want to buy Space Invaders from them but this makes me think twice.

This isn't even a case of manufacturing though. That's done since they've shipped this to EU orders. This is them claiming they picked a different shipping method for the states and just not shipping shit out even though they have it on hand.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I've seen pics on Twitter of the standard editions already, so I'm hoping SLG gets off their collective butts and starts shipping the LE's soon.
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

FRO wrote:I've seen pics on Twitter of the standard editions already, so I'm hoping SLG gets off their collective butts and starts shipping the LE's soon.
They hace started to ship the LE of the game. Mine got posted a few days ago.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

sick-grabbers always get tricked and swindled; see: Dispatch games, entire history of.
Don't be fooled by the allure of special sashimi plates...
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Right they've started shipping the LE and regular editions of the games, just not to anyone in the US. Even though they have it all on hand.
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

I'm in the UK. Still waiting for my regular arcade collection to dispatch too, despite purchasing during the first batch of preorders. I think LRG has just been a little haphazard in shipping out orders rather than it being a continent-specific issue.
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Yeah, I've heard of a few others in the UK receiving their LEs but I haven't had an email about it yet, so things are certainly a bit uneven. No biggie - things are still moving a lot faster than I could reasonably expect...
Last edited by Klatrymadon on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRP

Post by CRP »

Martinov wrote:I'm in the UK. Still waiting for my regular arcade collection to dispatch too, despite purchasing during the first batch of preorders. I think LRG has just been a little haphazard in shipping out orders rather than it being a continent-specific issue.
Just in case try and view your order on https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com or the email you got when you did the preorder. If it has been sent they have added the tracking # there.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

Well, I tried contacting SLG on a status update and they gave me a pretty damn insulting and vague reply that told me absolutely nothing new. They just said things will be out shortly with no timetable, and that they are still in the manufacturing process. This place is as bad as Dispatch, and it seems like they really just don't care.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Yeah, I mean I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt with all the covid stuff, but right now this will probably be the last time I order from them.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

Johnpv wrote:Yeah, I mean I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt with all the covid stuff, but right now this will probably be the last time I order from them.
I'm ashamed to admit that I did buy Space Invaders from them yesterday, which probably makes me a hypocrite.
Martinov

Post by Martinov »

Orders seem to be trickling out in small batches - It is annoying, but I'd advise patience. I only received a dispatch confirmation on Friday and received my copy 2 days ago here in the UK.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

I'm honestly not too surprised about shipping delays. It's really hard to mail things to some countries right now.
m.sniffles.esq

Post by m.sniffles.esq »

This just in: Polygon discovers 30-year-old shooters exist!

I mean, whatever. It's a cool write-up and will probably lead to a few more sales... The only 'problem' I have with it is that the author gushes and gushes about the amazings feats of M2. Hows about a little gushing for the people who made the games in the first place?
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Ms. Tea wrote:I'm honestly not too surprised about shipping delays. It's really hard to mail things to some countries right now.
Sure, I think we all get that. The last update though from them was back on June 6th, a month an a half ago. They said they had US shipping figured out, and that Darius was gonna start shipping soon. Is 6 weeks and it still hasn't shipped to most people "soon" when its sitting in your warehouse.
Jonpachi

Post by Jonpachi »

m.sniffles.esq wrote:This just in: Polygon discovers 30-year-old shooters exist!

I mean, whatever. It's a cool write-up and will probably lead to a few more sales... The only 'problem' I have with it is that the author gushes and gushes about the amazings feats of M2. Hows about a little gushing for the people who made the games in the first place?

Ha, yes, I had a laugh at this article, but it's nice to see a big, TLDR write-up on shmups on a modern gaming site. It gave me a bit of a Gamefan vibe, and it's fun to think of some rando game journalist discovering that someone out there gives a shit about the preservation of the genre, and then took the time to write about it.
Formerly known as 8 1/2. I return on my second credit!
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

I finally got a shipping notification for one of my orders. It only includes my arcade version for now but I'm happy it's coming finally. Check your inboxes.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Yup I just got shipping confirmation for my console copy this morning!
heli

Post by heli »

I still dont see unboxing videos online, and no option menu for the PS4 version.
I like to know what i did not buy and what options i am missing, i have them all on emulator no problem.
iplaymyshmups

Post by iplaymyshmups »

Well I bought both the arcade and consumer versions digitally because I'm awesome and like to support all shmup rereleases M2 does instead of moaning over prices on the interwebs while at the same time flipping the bird at these physical scalpers on Ebay and Amazon. Really...do I really need a sushi plate that would break during delivery knowing USPS?
Keeping your games sealed is like keeping your ass sealed when you have to take a number 2. Not natural.

My Instagram: galvatron86
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

They finally shipped my other version of the game. No idea why they didn't combine them but I won't be picky. I just want to play these finally on the Switch.