shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:43 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Darius Cozmic Collection [Switch, PS4]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:43 pm 

prophetic wrote:
TransatlanticFoe wrote:
Strictly Limited Games are doing a cart run of the Mega Drive version of Darius, not open for pre-order yet though it seems. Don't hate on them for shipping issues this year please. covid has made things tough for shipping to certain regions and it's not trivial for a small company to work around without incurring significant costs.

This is a physical version of the game that was on Genesis mini?

From what I have read I think it's an enhanced version of what was on the mini, hence the "extra" added to the title. I myself don't have a mini so I don't know the exact features of what is on that one for comparison, but this is what Beep's store states about the physical cartridge for extra (through google translate):

""Darius Extra Version (for MD / MD compatibles)" is a port of the side-scrolling shooter that made a big hit in the arcade in 1986.
In addition to the "faithful porting mode" that condenses the power of the three screens of the arcade game into one screen and pays close attention to details, it is also equipped with the "boss rush mode" in which all 26 giant battleships appear, and this work Then, you can select 3 modes, "OLD", "NEW", and "EXTRA", and you can enjoy the 1-screen ported version of each arcade version. Of course, "EXTRA" is also equipped with a continue function! And the game has been readjusted according to the installation of the new mode, the PROCO (NORMAL) mode remains the same, the TIAT (EASY) mode has become easier, and the rapid fire function can be set more finely! In this work, the game sound is even more powerful! Enjoy the powerful ZUNTATA sound with a 16-bit game machine equipped with an FM sound source! Please look forward to the game cassette version "Darius" that can be enjoyed on 16-bit game consoles for shooting game fans."

https://www.beep-shop.com/ec/products/d ... znKTGHBJ5Y

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:39 pm 

From what I have read, the MD Mini version is kind of the 1 screen 'New' version of the Arcade game with some elements of the 'Extra' version in the relevant boss behaviour. This new release seems to be providing a more correct 1 screen release of all three arcade versions, plus the other bits and bobs already mentioned.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:06 am 

TransatlanticFoe wrote:
Strictly Limited Games are doing a cart run of the Mega Drive version of Darius, not open for pre-order yet though it seems. Don't hate on them for shipping issues this year please. covid has made things tough for shipping to certain regions and it's not trivial for a small company to work around without incurring significant costs.

Yes I bought revalations from them not realising they took money upfront and they refunded me no problem ( lost my job , 5 kids Xmas coming etc)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:31 pm 

ATTN: System11 Bargin Hunters
Play-Asia has Revelation for $67 plus the million dollars of shipping the Play-Asia usually charges.
Is it about the same everywhere? Or should I be shopping around?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:40 pm 

m.sniffles.esq wrote:
Play-Asia has Revelation for $67 plus the million dollars of shipping the Play-Asia usually charges.

Isn't the Strictly Limited Games one cheaper?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:11 pm 

I'm really looking forward to that Cozmic Revelation CE. We have Cozmic Collection Arcade and Console coming, but they've been held up in customs for a solid month. At this rate, we'll get Revelation first!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:29 pm 

Samildanach wrote:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:

Okay, I'll do the math:

Play-Asia
$67 ($5.90 shipping)
Totalling
$72.90

Strictly Limited
€59.99 ($71 USD) (€6,49 shipping, $7.68 USD)
Totaling
$78.68

Advantage...
Play-Asia!

EDIT: Play-Asia charges a hidden $1 international credit card fee. So $73.90, but still the winner

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:21 pm 

m.sniffles.esq wrote:
Samildanach wrote:
m.sniffles.esq wrote:

Okay, I'll do the math:

Play-Asia
$67 ($5.90 shipping)
Totalling
$72.90

Strictly Limited
€59.99 ($71 USD) (€6,49 shipping, $7.68 USD)
Totaling
$78.68

Advantage...
Play-Asia!

EDIT: Play-Asia charges a hidden $1 international credit card fee. So $73.90, but still the winner

That is a surprise. Admittedly I went for the LE version which oddly is cheaper with Strictly, (and has the advantage of a translated Odyssey book). You'll likely get it sooner through Play Asia, knowing the relative speeds of each company's ability to get stuff posted.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:46 am 

Has anyone used "Japanzon.com"? They seem to offer preorders for the Japanese cart (which Amazon JP won't ship to me). Also there's a disclaimer on Amazon and that site that the cart "may not work on all hardware" - it's manufactured by Colombus Circle who I've not heard of before.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:47 am 

system11 wrote:
Has anyone used "Japanzon.com"? They seem to offer preorders for the Japanese cart (which Amazon JP won't ship to me). Also there's a disclaimer on Amazon and that site that the cart "may not work on all hardware" - it's manufactured by Columbus Circle who I've not heard of before.

Don't know about japanzon.

May not work on all hardware may refer to PAL and clones... The Strictly Limited Games version is offered as either PAL or NTCS. Obviously the JPN Columbus Circle release will be NTSC. But they also commonly put a compatibility disclaimer on these type of releases just in case it doesn't work with some odd clone unit.
Columbus Circle itself doesn't have the best reputation. Their stuff works, but some people complained about the thickness of the PCB in their previous Mega Drive release. And I've gotten a Famicom release of theirs that feels pretty junky compared to an official original cart.
The SLG Euro Mega Drive and Genesis versions are still readily available, they will ship later than Columbus Circle but will probably be a better product.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:56 am 

system11 wrote:
Has anyone used "Japanzon.com"? They seem to offer preorders for the Japanese cart (which Amazon JP won't ship to me). Also there's a disclaimer on Amazon and that site that the cart "may not work on all hardware" - it's manufactured by Colombus Circle who I've not heard of before.

Amazon JP sold out of the cart and it's only being sold by third party sellers. It was available for US shipping from actual actual Amazon.jp before it sold out.

edit: Doh. I'm not sure if it was available for UK shipping, but the third party scalpers aren't shipping to the US either (and I rather not order from them anyway).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:07 am 

system11 wrote:
Also there's a disclaimer on Amazon and that site that the cart "may not work on all hardware" - it's manufactured by Colombus Circle who I've not heard of before.

May just come down to it not having been tested on 100% of MD models, given how many different kinds exist. Yuichi Toyama (Taito) did post this photo of all the different hardware it's been tested on. https://twitter.com/U1_Toyama/status/13 ... 1429264384

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:18 pm 

Ms. Tea wrote:
system11 wrote:
Yuichi Toyama (Taito) did post this photo of all the different hardware it's been tested on. https://twitter.com/U1_Toyama/status/13 ... 1429264384

Is that a Japanese Mega Drive 3 in the upper left of that pic? If so, I didn't know that exists.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:37 pm 

I didn't even think about compatibility issues before preordering. I'm glad to see my CDX in that photo, though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:41 pm 

I think it's so cool that Toyama is at Taito producing these ports.

I'd assume most people here know, and maybe its been mentioned earlier in the thread, but he's formerly of Technosoft, Compile and Raizing. The main brain and programmer behind some of the best Compile games like MUSHA and Spriggan Mk. 2, Raizing's Mahou Daisakusen series, Soukyugurentai etc. He's also one of the people who left Compile to help start Raizing in the beginning.

Don't know the back story, but it might be safe to assume without his presence at Taito that these collaborations with M2 would never have happened. Hope there are many more to come.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:55 pm 

wow He even has a mega sg.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:51 pm 

Koa Zo wrote:
Ms. Tea wrote:
system11 wrote:
Yuichi Toyama (Taito) did post this photo of all the different hardware it's been tested on. https://twitter.com/U1_Toyama/status/13 ... 1429264384

Is that a Japanese Mega Drive 3 in the upper left of that pic? If so, I didn't know that exists.

Pretty sure that's one of Columbus Circle's own MD clones. https://www.columbuscircle.co.jp/produc ... &p=1&ca=49

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:11 pm 

Last night's Zuntata stream shows that GDarius HD has save states (!!) and a capture gallery. Murakumo will be in ACEX+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ESElm0TfA

1CCS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:44 pm 

:shock: :shock:

Now where is origami King Fossil?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:11 pm 

Ohh my dariusburst PS4 just turned up for Japan
Took almost 7 weeks!
Had almost given up
Bet now it'll be in UK sale for tenner or revelation version comes up with summit that makes it definitive version lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17