P-47 Aces Dipswitches

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
AFruitaDay!

P-47 Aces Dipswitches

Post by AFruitaDay! »

P-47 Aces is a good shooter IMO, but there's problem in the dipswitches. In the service mode, into the dipswitches, there are some dipswitches present, but some are absent in MAME. For example, theres supposed to be Campaign mode and Tumo Pinfu in the MAME Dipswitches, but are missing! And some aren't corressrounding correctly, an example would that be the demo sounds, in the service mode, it says it's off, but in the MAME dipswitches, it's on! Heres some pictures of it
ImageImage
pmp

Re: P-47 Aces Dipswitches

Post by pmp »

I took a brief look at this last night and dip switches don't make sense with the config screen. DIP1 is entirely used by the coin settings for both players, free play, and test mode, and demo sound is actually on DIP2.
AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

MAME Testers says theres no action required since they say the test/service mode is unfinished. What is campaign mode and tumo pinfu by the way?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

tumo pinfu definitely refers to mahjong. campain mode, I couldn't say.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

So do you have to find the champaign mode and tumo pinfu in a real pcb?
pmp

Post by pmp »

AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

trap15 wrote:tumo pinfu definitely refers to mahjong. campain mode, I couldn't say.
Wait what? is that true that tumo pinfu refers to mahjong?
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

"Tsumo pinfu" is a common rule variation in mahjong, and exactly the kind of thing that would be set via a dip switch in a mahjong arcade game.

Doing a quick Google search, it looks like "Tsumo Pinfu" and "Campaign Mode" are both dip switch settings in Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai Special, also developed by Jaleco. I wonder if some amount of P-47 Aces's code (or at least the service mode UI) was reused from that mahjong game and never changed? :lol:
MAME Testers says theres no action required since they say the test/service mode is unfinished.
That seems like a reasonable assessment.
AFruitaDay!

Post by AFruitaDay! »

MAME Testers was right, there is no campaign mode and tumo pinfu in this game, why is the service mode have the same serivce mode code in the mahjong arcade game?! It makes no sense. I thought it would be another mode that can enabled and disabled that has new enemies, weapons, and stage designs. I'm guess im going to get over with it, and move on.
AlxUnderBase

Post by AlxUnderBase »

On real hardware , for demo sounds to be ON , we should move up in DIP SWITCH BANK 3 two buttons (4,5)