News of the year @Trap15 twitter

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
scooby

News of the year @Trap15 twitter

Post by scooby »

https://twitter.com/trap0xf/status/1012581949238435840

There is no more information for now.
We all need he correctly success to emulate correctly the slowdown of the bullets.

Cheers.
manbino
Banned User

Re: News of the year @Trap15 twitter

Post by manbino »

This is excellent news! but better still trap seems to be an ideological leftist so it will be in his principles to distribute this to the masses freely!
el_rika

Post by el_rika »

Wow, if it's actually faster and more accurate than the existing ones, Wow x 100!

Any chance for an android port as well? :D
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

manbino wrote:trap seems to be an ideological leftist so it will be in his principles to distribute this to the masses freely!
Wrong!

He will give a free yet single-user-encrypted-with-online-check release...to EVERYONE BUT CAPITALIST PIGGUS

NAO CRY 。゚(゚´(00)`゚)゚。
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

too bad the emulation still has bad input lag
probably due to whatever is built into the games themselves
KAI

Post by KAI »

Nice, now we need sdoj
trap15

Post by trap15 »

lol, I'm not releasing it probably. I should've known better to tweet that lol.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
manbino
Banned User

Post by manbino »

trap15 wrote:lol, I'm not releasing it probably. I should've known better to tweet that lol.
but what about the proletariat?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

manbino wrote:
trap15 wrote:lol, I'm not releasing it probably. I should've known better to tweet that lol.
only a minimum of 1ALLs of DOJ WL can claim eligibility for CV emulation. This immediately disqualifies all of shmupg.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

manbino wrote:
There are much more important proletarian revolutions at hand than arcade game emulation ;)
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

that tweet was the trap of the year !

anyway it's business as usual at the shmups kolkhoz. reminder with an old meme of the 'too close' era for the young'uns who missed it:
Spoiler
trap15 wrote:no cv1k emu
manbino
Banned User

Post by manbino »

trap15 wrote: There are much more important proletarian revolutions at hand than arcade game emulation ;)
The sad thing is i know you actually believe such piffle. I haven't seen delusion this big since you were butt fucking a tranny whilst denying being gay lmao.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Shmup Wars 3: Klabauter's Revenge

The only thing left to figure out is what this has to do with ikaruga.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Reminder that if you want a good CV1K emulator so badly, you're always welcome to write one yourself.
EmperorIng wrote:The only thing left to figure out is what this has to do with ikaruga.
One emulator for CV1K games, Demul, also emulates Naomi games like Ikaruga. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

EmperorIng wrote:Shmup Wars 3: Klabauter's Revenge

The only thing left to figure out is what this has to do with ikaruga.
I think Ikaruga switched the polarity of this man's brain.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

That's a paddlin'.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

People occasionally tend to forget that there's a pretty huge gap between working software emulation, and full speed playable pirate versions of your favourite arcade games.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

here's the catch, cv1k games aren't really playable in the first place
Irim
Banned User

Post by Irim »

sh-3 games are all junk in my eyes so i have no feelings either way but this seems to me nothing more than the conduct i've witnessed before by various mame ppl over the years of a purposeful tease under the guise of innocence to massage ego and feel a sense of power over others, it seems to be a common trait among the emulation community and quite a revealing and tragic one at that.
Bananamatic wrote:here's the catch, cv1k games aren't really playable in the first place
I tend to agree with this gentleman, they were extremely shoddy days for cave, a championing of gimmick over function.
Muchi Muchi Spork

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

Big day for Bananamatic, this must be the first time anyone has called him a gentleman.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Irim wrote:sh-3 games are all junk in my eyes so i have no feelings either way but this seems to me nothing more than the conduct i've witnessed before by various mame ppl over the years of a purposeful tease under the guise of innocence to massage ego and feel a sense of power over others, it seems to be a common trait among the emulation community and quite a revealing and tragic one at that.
Bananamatic wrote:here's the catch, cv1k games aren't really playable in the first place
I tend to agree with this gentleman, they were extremely shoddy days for cave, a championing of gimmick over function.
Alright fam, because clearly working on a fun personal growth project that met a self-set goal is something I should never talk about because it makes people jealous. Do you think about how insane that is? Grow up and stop being so self-centered.
Irim
Banned User

Post by Irim »

I can gauge not just by the emotional knee jerk in the response, sophomoric choice of language or habit to level at others what really applies to self but also by simple comparison with similar cases that it bothered you because you have been confronted with truth. Your intentions with this are much more transparent than you might think and given your long standing presence in the community it can not be simply written off as naivety nor ignorance, you knew very well what you doing.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

I understand his decision though
I would take pissing people off over spoonfeeding this "community" any day
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Good job playing therapist buddy, but there was a definite reason I posted it, and I can tell you that it's certainly not to get emulation kiddies to yell at me.

Regardless, I'm intending to write up some posts about the technical side of implementing this sort of thing, because I learned things that would be nice to share.
Bananamatic wrote:I understand his decision though
I would take pissing people off over spoonfeeding this "community" any day
The blatant "gimme gimme" attitude in emulation-based communities is really annoying.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

thread now officially trap15 vs. shmupg critters

scooby

Post by scooby »

If it is a private project, I don't really see the point of trap15 to post that news in a tweet.

In the past, he has got us used to share his findings.
I have in mind his work on the NMK sound MCU for example. It is now integrated to Mame and everyone can enjoy.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Because I was happy with what I accomplished in a short time, and I was personally excited that I had it working. Surprise, but most things I do are not free work for randos I'll never know. The NMK stuff had a reason to be released; it was new work with a great net benefit for all, accomplishing something that hadn't been done before. My emulator isn't better than MAME in any meaningful way, so it doesn't matter if I release it.

Twitter is where I post brain vomit, don't read into it.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Who the hell are all these people with single digit post counts popping in here to take part in the same baseless criticism?
I can understand the purpose of posting stuff you're excited about on Twitter (even if I can't understand how to actively use twitter), but I can't understand what's newsworthy enough for a thread like this? It's not like SH-3 hardware hasn't been emulated before. It looks like some person just made a bunch of random forum accounts only to post this pointless bullshit?
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Sumez wrote:Who the hell are all these people with single digit post counts popping in here to take part in the same baseless criticism?
It looks like some person just made a bunch of random forum accounts only to post this pointless bullshit?
Just my own theory - but based on the language used and general dickishness of said posters I was thinking Cee made duplicate accounts.
My lord, I have come for you.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

cee or anyone from shmupg, it's a hive-mind. unfortunately there is no anti-4chan/anti-shmupg trollspam filter so it's always up to the mods.