Sisters Royal: Switch / PS4 / PC

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
harborline765

Re: Sisters Royal: Switch / PS4 / PC

Post by harborline765 »

I have this (twice) on Switch, but was wondering how the PC release now is - seems like a good time to revisit the game now that Shikigami no Shiro 2's port is out.

From what I understand in the win32 version of the game the game can run above a 60hz refresh rate which adversely affects game speed. This issue was not present in the 'modern' Microsoft Store version of the game that's a universal binary which runs on Xbox and PCs.

Which version is the one to go for though - I'm guessing the leaderboards are more populated on the 'steam' version? But did they ever fix that bug?
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Does this game (Steam) not have controller support? I'm using a Qanba Obsidian for PS4/PC but it seem only keyboard is recognised. I see a few questions about this on the Steam forums but no answers.
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles
Klatrymadon

Post by Klatrymadon »

Have you tried disabling/enabling 'Steam input' on the controller? I remember setting up my stick for Sisters Royale being a pretty fiddly experience, but you can definitely get there! In fact, I think I might have mapped it in Steam's Big Picture mode in lieu of in-game control settings. I'll install it tonight and get back to you with some details.
BurlyHeart

Post by BurlyHeart »

Klatrymadon wrote:Have you tried disabling/enabling 'Steam input' on the controller? I remember setting up my stick for Sisters Royale being a pretty fiddly experience, but you can definitely get there! In fact, I think I might have mapped it in Steam's Big Picture mode in lieu of in-game control settings. I'll install it tonight and get back to you with some details.
Cheers for the suggestion! I will give that a go tonight and see how I get on. Not going to spend too long with it though. It's such a basic thing to expect in a game.

EDIT: It's working well in Big Picture! Thanks for your help :D
Now known as old man|Burly
YouTube
Shmup Difficulty Lists:
Japan Arcade - To Far Away Times - Perikles