shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:22 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Sisters Royal: Switch / PS4 / PC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:54 am 

Nice, but yeah, very stealthy mentions here and there, and will wait on the PC/Steam release.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:03 pm 

But will it have DRM?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:12 pm 

Whoa, what kind of culture clash game is this? I didn't expect to see anime characters named after friends and family.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:07 pm 

iconoclast wrote:
But will it have DRM?

More importantly, will it let us use the keyboard this time?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:19 pm 

I just got the Physical Switch version, I have been a fan of Shikigami 2, looking forward to the similarities!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:22 pm 

I just noticed that I am missing a trophy for finding all of the hidden fairy locations. There's likely one that I routed around and just never ran into. Is there documentation of these anywhere or perhaps a video that shows them all?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:28 pm 

Check out Iconoclast's world record video with Nur on youtube. He reveals all the fairies. There are three in each stage: 1 before the midboss, 1 after the midboss, and one at the boss arena.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:53 pm 

There's a steam page and release date of November 28th now. :D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1133 ... nder_Fire/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:33 pm 

Does anyone have this game on PS4? Can they do me a favor? I'm trying to find out what the top scores of the characters on the leaderboards of the PS4 release are. Switch, PC/Xbone, and PS4 all have global leaderboards, but they are not cross-platform, which makes comparing scores difficult.

I want to know specifically if someone has a higher score with Sonay on Normal than I got last night (3,521,305,640). Selfish I know, but a man's gotta know what his competition is!

I'm hoping some more people jump onto this once it gets released on Steam in appx 2 weeks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:41 pm 

I was lurking yesterday and caught part of your streamed run. You're an absolute beast at the game! Are you aiming for top place with the rest of the characters too?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:47 pm 

Thanks for tuning in! I had an almost perfect run last night and it was great to have a small crowd watching.

Answer: I can't hope to top Iconoclast or Mishi (twitch: Mishiman90, he was watching too) with their respective characters (Nur and Ode), which is funny because I consider Nur my 'main.' Iconoclast has the highest score overall in the game for both Normal and Hard Mode, and Mishi is right behind him on Normal. They've pushed the game to some pretty spectacular heights. The game has a lot of resources for survival, but scoring is where it gets really fun.

I am going to try and get the top score with at least one other character, Ece, who seems to be pretty underplayed based on the leaderboards. She at least has some minor scoring potential (probably around the character I played last night, Sonay) - with both possibly being able to break 4 billion for their own leaderboards.

I do want to eventually put some time getting a couple of 1cc's in Hard Mode, since it offers up a unique challenge and entirely different routes thanks to the suicide bullets, treasure chests, and extra phases on boss fights. It's pretty tough too!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:47 pm 

EmperorIng wrote:
I'm hoping some more people jump onto this once it gets released on Steam in appx 2 weeks.

I'm waiting for my PS4 physical copy from Strictly Limited before diving in. I'm probably not the only one. Should be with me in the next few weeks.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:57 pm 

One week away from the Steam release! I've been half-toying with putting together a few thoughts for a mini video review with all the footage I've accumulated. Like anything else, the idea is nice but talk is cheap! The basic gist is you all should pick up this game when it does come out. Lots of love is poured into the game, even if its terrible, typo-laden google translate- translation doesn't show it.

Currently most of the top scores for this Japanese shmup are held by western players, which I think is a rarity. Either Japan was turned off by its coombait artstyle and mobile game graphics (when has that... ever stopped Japanese gamers??) or there aren't any Shikigami no Shiro fans left in Japan... Perish the thought! I've joked elsewhere that the only way to get Japanese gamers to care is if this were punted on to EXA. The game is remarkable in how arcade it is - no attempt at some console-fied mode, just a straight up 5 stage gauntlet, 30 minutes. Stage practice and extra features to give some silly variety to the game (like increasing the size of enemy bullets by like 300%). Hard Mode itself is a whole new game to learn, with the extra enemy bullets, bonus treasure chests, suicide bullets, and boss phases making your Normal routes non-viable.

As far as I can tell the top scores for Normal in this game are:
Sonay: EmperorIng 8)
Selma: ??
Ece: EmperorIng 8) 8)
Nur: Iconoclast
Lale: MishiMan90
Ode: MishiMan90

With Iconoclast having the highest score on both Normal and Hard (way to be, d00d).

I need to take a look into Selma's top scores; I've ignored her for the most part because of the difficulty in controlling her familiar.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:25 pm 

Picked up the PS4 version a few months back on you and iconoclast's recs, as these things often go I loved what I saw but got distracted by something shiny - will be glad to have that review to reference. :mrgreen:

It's good to see Shikigami continue on in spirit if not name. Those character select screens (and individual scoreboards!) full of diverse weapon types always suggested a substantial game, this one's no different.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6