Dimension Drive Switch (Physical Release)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Tokyo-J

Dimension Drive Switch (Physical Release)

Post by Tokyo-J »

Got an email saying Dimension Drive on Switch is getting a Physical release June 14th at Play-Asia.

$24.99 for Standard edition
$36.99 for Limited edition

Only 3,000 copies will be available for the Limited Edition. The Standard Edition will be open pre-order from JUNE 14 until JUNE 30. All editions of Dimension Drive are eligible for free shipping. The Switch Collection will be growing in 2018!

Dimension Drive takes the shoot’em up genre to the next level & challenges you to fight across two battlefields on one split screen. Instantly switch between them to dodge waves of bullets, reach secret areas, or surprise your enemies. Dimension Drive seamlessly combines shooting & puzzle mechanics in a fun comic book adventure taking place in a multi-dimensional universe! Take on a multi-dimensional alien race in your legendary space ship capable of teleporting across space!

The Switch release includes many improvements to the game including online leaderboards, a new ranking system, improved collision warning, better contrast & improved graphics, alongside performance upgrades.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Dimension Drive Switch (Physical Release)

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

The last major update to the Switch port of Dimension Drive added a cool new opening FMV intro as well (which wasn't present/available when the initial DD port debuted on the various regional Switch eShop sites).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
FRO

Post by FRO »

I missed out on the PS4 physical version sale, so I'm glad I'll have to chance to grab this on the Switch, as that's my preferred console anyway.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

FRO wrote:I missed out on the PS4 physical version sale, so I'm glad I'll have to chance to grab this on the Switch, as that's my preferred console anyway.
It's funny how you constantly talk about how Switch is your preferred console and is so great for shmups, yet have one of the most damning pieces of evidence AGAINST shmups on the Switch posted in your forum signature...
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Crayon

Post by Crayon »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:It's funny how you constantly talk about how Switch is your preferred console and is so great for shmups, yet have one of the most damning pieces of evidence AGAINST shmups on the Switch posted in your forum signature...
If only there were ways to play games with a dpad on the Nintendo Switch...
FRO

Post by FRO »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
FRO wrote:I missed out on the PS4 physical version sale, so I'm glad I'll have to chance to grab this on the Switch, as that's my preferred console anyway.
It's funny how you constantly talk about how Switch is your preferred console and is so great for shmups, yet have one of the most damning pieces of evidence AGAINST shmups on the Switch posted in your forum signature...
LOL, touché!

I play my Switch *mostly* docked, but I get along fine with the directional buttons on the Joy-Con. I backed the Flip Grip Kickstarter, so it will be interesting to see how that works, and how well I do with that. There is a D-pad mod for Joy-Con, and I've thought about buying another left Joy-Con (or a full set) so I can do a mod, as well as buy custom shells for them, so I'd have a Joy-Con with a proper D-pad then. But yes, I understand the sentiment :wink:
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Crayon wrote:If only there were ways to play games with a dpad on the Nintendo Switch...
You certainly *can* on some games, and others don't give you the option. In any case, the bigger point is that their "d-pad" on the portable version of the system is just 4 disjointed buttons that makes diagonals extremely awkward and not intuitive at all, especially if the sensitivity and input lag are way off like it is in most Switch shmups I've played.
FRO wrote:LOL, touché!

I play my Switch *mostly* docked, but I get along fine with the directional buttons on the Joy-Con. I backed the Flip Grip Kickstarter, so it will be interesting to see how that works, and how well I do with that. There is a D-pad mod for Joy-Con, and I've thought about buying another left Joy-Con (or a full set) so I can do a mod, as well as buy custom shells for them, so I'd have a Joy-Con with a proper D-pad then. But yes, I understand the sentiment
I just feel like in the year 2018 you shouldn't have to mod a controller a buy a whole new one to have a use-able digital control apparatus, but such is the state of the console.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
FRO

Post by FRO »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
FRO wrote:LOL, touché!

I play my Switch *mostly* docked, but I get along fine with the directional buttons on the Joy-Con. I backed the Flip Grip Kickstarter, so it will be interesting to see how that works, and how well I do with that. There is a D-pad mod for Joy-Con, and I've thought about buying another left Joy-Con (or a full set) so I can do a mod, as well as buy custom shells for them, so I'd have a Joy-Con with a proper D-pad then. But yes, I understand the sentiment
I just feel like in the year 2018 you shouldn't have to mod a controller a buy a whole new one to have a use-able digital control apparatus, but such is the state of the console.
Totally understandable. I think, because games are primarily focused on analog controls these days, and the whole concept of the Joy-Con controllers is to share for impromptu gaming, etc. it means the 4 directional buttons, versus the traditional D-pad, was a necessary paradigm shift. It is annoying, I'll grant, that one has to mod the controller to get that functionality back, but at least in 2018, modding is far cheaper than in years past, due to the proliferation of 3D printing, and the ability to get injection-molded plastics and other materials far less expensively in smaller batches.