Is Cave dead now?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
el_rika

Re: Is Cave dead now?

Post by el_rika »

Square_Air wrote:
n0rtygames wrote:I just don't really see any reason to play phone shmups since they sacrifice audio/visual quality and provide poor controls. .
/Thread
Honestly, this is entirely subjective. I mean, the smartphones today have so much power under the hood that you can do virtually anything with them and shmups you can definitely do. And the touch controls, well, they are quite addictive and in no way less entertaining that the arcade stick, if the game is properly designed that is, as is the case for any hardware.
geosnow

Post by geosnow »

I plaly switch on the train: XBC2 and soon Ikaruga again.
yosai

Post by yosai »

n0rtygames wrote:I just don't really see any reason to play phone shmups since they sacrifice audio/visual quality and provide poor controls. .
The only real phone shmup I've played was Daifukkatsu and it it looked/sounded better than the PCB. The controls were also good enough to 1cc it without frustration.
qmish

Post by qmish »

yosai wrote:
The only real phone shmup I've played was Daifukkatsu and it it looked/sounded better than the PCB. The controls were also good enough to 1cc it without frustration.
My main problem was that switching between shot types isnt stellar