Rheum - Bullet hell in a body coming to Steam

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SpaceMyFriend

Rheum - Bullet hell in a body coming to Steam

Post by SpaceMyFriend »

Hello everyone! A couple months back I released a little game called Rheum. Now about a month ago I started updating and giving it more polish so I could release it on Steam. (and feel good about charging money for it) Some notable updates include 3 unlockable characters, hidden boss fights, 2 new songs, and a more fleshed out scoring system. Along side that are tons polish and quality of life changes.

Something that people mentioned a lot was that it was weird that the game was reverse scrolling. Now you can reverse the game so that your scrolling up. But only if you find the cheat code as the game is meant to scroll down :) I'd love some first impressions and feedback if you decide to pick it up :)

The game will be 2.99

About the game

RHEUM [pronounced: room]
A mass of muscle and teeth lay dormant before you. As you inch your way closer, it comes alive. A sphincter crying for help, beckons you to descend. Your only option is down.

Travel through a fleshly vessel, as an eyeball, collecting rheum [eyeball crusties] to grow stronger in your fight against the infection plaguing this.......body. Collect eye crusties, upgrade your pupils, and clear the screen of bullets with your cornea crushing eye blasts!

You can check out the game here: Rheum Steam page

And here's a new game play video

https://youtu.be/JU6LpDs8NSU

KennyMan666

Re: Rheum - Bullet hell in a body coming to Steam

Post by KennyMan666 »

SpaceMyFriend wrote:A sphincter crying for help
...is not a phrase you hear every day.
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
MathU

Post by MathU »

Does it require Steam DRM to run?
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I'm digging the aesthetic, and that, plus the downward scrolling, gives me a cartoony Abadox kind of vibe. Looks promising!
SpaceMyFriend

Post by SpaceMyFriend »

MathU wrote:Does it require Steam DRM to run?
As of now, no. No plans to do so either. If Steams not your thing, the game will be releasing on itch.io and possibly gamejolt.