shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:31 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Switch shmup games list
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:11 pm 

ACA Trigon announced! For PS4 and Switch. Really happy about this - they've already made a good start on orphaned 80s Konami STGs with A-JAX and Flak Attack. Here's hoping Gemini Wing comes through, too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:25 pm 

Gemini Wing and Sunset Riders are two games from childhood. My mom would bring me to the local chippie every payday as a trear and they had a Sunset Riders cab. Good memories.

Gemini Wing used to kick my ass on my Amstrad. Not such good memories :lol:
To Far Away Times

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:28 pm 

I've an odd, mythologised relationship with Sunset Riders. I remember playing its 4P mode on a massive projector display on holiday as a little kid, and its 16bit conversions never got JP releases, so it's remained this monstrous outsized thing in my mind. I like to sustain those sorts of childhood arcade illusions, makes finally playing the games at home a little event in itself. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:56 pm 

Anyone tried Red Death yet? EastAsiaSoft is publishing it, so I expect a physical version will likely show up on Play-Asia at some point. I'm not sure if they're intentionally going for a Virtual Boy gimmick or not, but it looks like a decent little game for the price based on the short video in the eshop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:43 pm 

Jonpachi wrote:
Anyone tried Red Death yet? EastAsiaSoft is publishing it, so I expect a physical version will likely show up on Play-Asia at some point. I'm not sure if they're intentionally going for a Virtual Boy gimmick or not, but it looks like a decent little game for the price based on the short video in the eshop.

Graphics have a strong Zero Ranger vibe to them. I looked at some gameplay video and it feels euroshmup, as in not enough time/firepower to destroy everything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:06 pm 

guigui wrote:
Jonpachi wrote:

Graphics have a strong Zero Ranger vibe to them. I looked at some gameplay video and it feels euroshmup, as in not enough time/firepower to destroy everything.

Yep it's exactly as it felt playing it. The weapons lack any oomph to be really viable, apart from the laser which is overpowered. It doesn't help that everything on the screen is red and white, bullets and collectibles included. It gets a little confusing.

It seems ok for the price but ZeroRanger is the better game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:02 am 

hamfighterx wrote:
clippa wrote:
CRP wrote:
Q-YO Blaster out 27/6

Looks fun anyone played it here ?

30fps.
It looks nice, but it's pretty crappy, to be honest. Very boring, you'll play through it once. Wait for a sale.

So, it's on sale now for $6.67 in the US Switch eshop (33% off)... I'm kinda tempted due to the nice looking graphics and some surprisingly consistent positive reviews on Steam. Seems like something very much in the vein of Harmful Park or Parodius, which I can get behind. But if it's as bad as clippa says, maybe not worth the time.

Anyone else played it and have quick impressions?

I'm asking again for some impressions about Q-Yo Blaster. Currently -90% on EU eshop.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 pm 

Panzer Dragoon finally dropped from out of the blue

7gb! I have to make some room... Although Limited Run starts taking physical pre-orders tomorrow

Space Invaders Collection is available in the jp e-shop which is making me crazy because my SE is going to take forever to arrive. :cry:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm 

m.sniffles.esq wrote:
Space Invaders Collection is available in the jp e-shop which is making me crazy because my SE is going to take forever to arrive. :cry:

I'm on corona austerity, what's the usual turnaround time for this kind of thing to make it to the US eshop? I know I could just buy it from the Japanese one but... I kinda don't wanna.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:31 pm 

Wayforward's Cat Girl Without Salad is out now on the eshop. Definitely checking this out after work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=QLSm2PqsiOU&feature=emb_title

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:11 am 

Jonpachi wrote:
Wayforward's Cat Girl Without Salad is out now on the eshop. Definitely checking this out after work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=80&v=QLSm2PqsiOU&feature=emb_title

What the ... ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:10 pm 

So, sadly, this game sucks. There are only 3 levels, and you play each as a discrete chapter so there's not even the potential for a full run through the game. It's absurdly easy, and the weapon system is horrible. All the would-be power-ups are just dumb gimmicks, and I found myself just avoiding them after a while and sticking with the default "pea shooter". It's cheap, but you'll also beat it in 15 minutes and never want to play it again.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16