Switch shmup games list

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Marc

Re: Switch shmup games list

Post by Marc »

CRP wrote:uppdated
Konami states that Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection now supports vertical mode, otherwise known as tate mode. Typhoon (A-Jax), Scramble, and TwinBee should all properly support the feature.
https://nintendoeverything.com/arcade-c ... ort-added/

So they took out the features of the Arcade Archives versions, only to patch them back in later. Oh Konami, what happened?
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Marc wrote:
CRP wrote:uppdated
Konami states that Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection now supports vertical mode, otherwise known as tate mode. Typhoon (A-Jax), Scramble, and TwinBee should all properly support the feature.
https://nintendoeverything.com/arcade-c ... ort-added/

So they took out the features of the Arcade Archives versions, only to patch them back in later. Oh Konami, what happened?
M2 must of contacted Konami and complained. LOL They would never release a collection like that themselves.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
CRP

Post by CRP »

Tokyo-J wrote:
Marc wrote:
M2 must of contacted Konami and complained. LOL They would never release a collection like that themselves.
Hamster did the arcade collection btw
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

CRP wrote:
Tokyo-J wrote:
Marc wrote:
Hamster did the arcade collection btw
I am aware. I was pointing to the fact that M2 would of never of put out a port in that condition and would be Critical of their work.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

A good chunk of Hamster's emulation is done by Gotch Technology, former staff from Rutubo Games, who have worked with M2 before.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Every Psikyo game on Switch (most likely on other consoles too) has updated (Zero Gunner 2- is now on version 1.0.3, for example). Under the copyright, all of them now show City Connection LTD, instead of Zerodiv. I played a little bit of the Gunbird and Sengoku Blaede last night and both games did feel a touch more responsive than before.
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

Kiken wrote:Every Psikyo game on Switch (most likely on other consoles too) has updated (Zero Gunner 2- is now on version 1.0.3, for example). Under the copyright, all of them now show City Connection LTD, instead of Zerodiv. I played a little bit of the Gunbird and Sengoku Blaede last night and both games did feel a touch more responsive than before.
Funny that you mentioned that, I thought the same thing (feeling slightly more responsive), but I was thinking that it has to be placebo effect... would be nice that it would be actually tested whether it was the case or not.

One thing I know for sure is that one bug in Gunbird 2 was fixed with that last patch, the "reset scores" functionality didn't work before this last patch (and I reported it to Zerodiv already last summer) and now it does.

Anyway, still hoping they would do a patch one day where they would enable at least some stage select for practicing purposes... learning these games in the old school arcade style is getting tedious and takes forever (especially learning those later stages and bosses).
bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus »

Is there some way to rank these games based on user votes or metascore? Would be useful for suggestions.
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

bobasaurus wrote:Is there some way to rank these games based on user votes or metascore? Would be useful for suggestions.
jandrogo wrote:
pcb_revival wrote:Might be an idea to include some form of rating to the list Metacritic or similar.
It would be a great idea to link metacritic scores, but I think there’s not automatic way to update it.
Working in the japanese language achievement
donluca

Post by donluca »

Don't know how the metacritic API works, but I believe it's definitely possible to fetch the score of a certain game.

Problem is that we need HTML to be enabled on OP's post otherwise it won't work.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Game Tengoku Paradise should be removed until confirmed as Degica said there is nothing in the works currently. And no announcements from City Connection.
bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus »

donluca wrote:Don't know how the metacritic API works, but I believe it's definitely possible to fetch the score of a certain game.

Problem is that we need HTML to be enabled on OP's post otherwise it won't work.
I'm working on getting a google sheets doc together, need to code the review fetching though... manual copy-paste is taking forever.
bobasaurus

Post by bobasaurus »

I made a google spreadsheet with review information for most of these titles. It's partially created from code, partially from painstakingly copy-pasting googled review scores:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Let me know if something looks amiss. Some reviews may be missing. If the original poster wants to make a copy of this and put future changes in there, that's fine too.
CRP

Post by CRP »

Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo
"Hanaji Games. A release date has not yet been confirmed."
https://nintendoeverything.com/mecha-ri ... to-switch/

Dezatopia
"Hanaji Games. A release is planned for later in 2019."
https://nintendoeverything.com/dezatopi ... this-year/
CRP

Post by CRP »

Panzer Dragoon Remake
rls : winter 19
https://nintendoeverything.com/panzer-d ... or-switch/
CRP

Post by CRP »

Space Invaders: Invincible Collection
"The following titles have been confirmed. More titles will be revealed at a later time."
rls: 2020

Space Invaders
Space Invaders Part II
Super Space Invaders ’91
Space Invaders DX
Space Invaders Extreme
Space Cyclone

https://nintendoeverything.com/first-si ... ollection/
Marc

Post by Marc »

Awesome news, just for the Extreme conversion really.
GFoyle

Post by GFoyle »

Rolling Gunner seems to be coming out in the west (at least in Europe) June 20th, it's in the eShop coming soon section.

I bought it earlier when it came out in japan eshop and that version has also been updated to match this release I think, at least it's fully in english. One of the top tier shmups on Switch for sure. The biggest flaw I can see is that the enemy bullets can be really tiny when playing handheld, the game works docked much much better as a result.

Raiden V seems to be in coming soon section too. I can't see Pawarumi there yet, even though somebody said in other thread it was ( I guess some other region eshop if that was the case).

Going to be great shmup summer on Switch summer with all those upcoming releases (Caladrius Blaze should be coming as well I think). Hopefully we finally get that Vasara collection which was supposed to come "early 2019" before it was delayed (summer 2019 was the last thing I remember reading about it).
jandrogo

Post by jandrogo »

Some games added and new physical releases updated.
Still missing Konami 50th Arcade Anniversary collection games and SNK 40th Anniversary Collection games
@bobasaurus thanks for the effort, I will update as soon as I can, I think it can't be added dynamically so needs to be written row to row
Thanks to @CRP @Tokyo-J @GFoyle and all the other users who make posible this post
Working in the japanese language achievement
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

CRP

Post by CRP »

Q-YO Blaster out 27/6

Looks fun anyone played it here ? Closes we get to a new parodious game
stream link
https://store.steampowered.com/app/772610/QYO_Blaster/
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

Off-list???
Created with Puchicon 4 SmileBASIC.

Solid Gunner Vertika.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0p8LmzSbw
clippa

Post by clippa »

CRP wrote:Q-YO Blaster out 27/6

Looks fun anyone played it here ?
30fps.
It looks nice, but it's pretty crappy, to be honest. Very boring, you'll play through it once. Wait for a sale.
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

Arcade Archives X-Mulitply.
EDIT Coming Soon..

Off list - Run and Cut.
Arcade Archives Ninja Spirit.
TBA.
Last edited by pcb_revival on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Ha ha, glad I didn't spend an arm and a leg to Get Image Fight & X-Multiply for the Saturn, like I was seriously considering last year. Now I can play 'em both on my couch at my leisure.

The Image Fight port is plenty of fun to play. Really making me see the game for the gem that it is.
Melt the Guns

Post by Melt the Guns »

Image fight is not available in Europe, yet ?
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

Melt the Guns wrote:Image fight is not available in Europe, yet ?
Its in UK store (£6.29) as I bought it a few weeks ago.
CRP

Post by CRP »

it is out.
clippa wrote: 30fps.
It looks nice, but it's pretty crappy, to be honest. Very boring, you'll play through it once. Wait for a sale.
Thanks
Marc

Post by Marc »

pcb_revival wrote:
Its in UK store (£6.29) as I bought it a few weeks ago.
Shit, I missed this, thanks. X-Multiply and Ninja Spirit as well.... I love my Switch.
Melt the Guns

Post by Melt the Guns »

I searched for it last night, couldn’t find it ? Strange nge