Ddp saidaioujou musical style

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Xeno

Ddp saidaioujou musical style

Post by Xeno »

What is the genre presented here, hard trance or something? Can anyone link few songs that might have influenced the soundtrack.
"I will not die until I achieve something.
Even though the ideal is high, I never give in.
Therefore, I never die with regrets." 1CC
auryn

Re: Ddp saidaioujou musical style

Post by auryn »

Interesting question... shmup/video game music is really a genre in and of itself if you ask me, but for the DOJ soundtrack there's a lot of influence (mainly in the beats) from early 90's european trance/EDM/rave type music. The Prodigy's Music for the Jilted Generation album is probably the benchmark album there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa-LTp6rQWE (this is just one song, but the whole album is definitely worth a listen)

Then there's some 80's industrial/gothic influences as well (I guess Depeche Mode but I don't know that much about the genre, there's probably users around here that know more about that genre and can link to relevant tracks)
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

lolitronic nippon hysteria
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
KAI

Post by KAI »

Namiki said on the cd liner notes this soundtrack is mix of techno, synth-pop, electro and dubstep. No words about influences tho.