Gunbird 2 to release on Switch soon

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
CRP

Gunbird 2 to release on Switch soon

Post by CRP »

https://nintendoeverything.com/gunbird- ... -on-track/
First up, Gunbird 2 has been announced as the company’s latest game. If all goes well, it’ll be available sometime this month.
steveovig

Re: Gunbird 2 to release on Switch soon

Post by steveovig »

Count me in
FRO

Post by FRO »

Very nice! I don't have my Dreamcast hooked up to my TV right now, because I was hoping to go the VGA direction with it, so it's nice to know that I'll have this as an option, at least for this game.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

How have the other Psikyo ports been? I only know that there are lingering issues with Zero Gunner 2 based on the longer thread.
Jonesyy

Post by Jonesyy »

Great news, count me in.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

EmperorIng wrote:How have the other Psikyo ports been? I only know that there are lingering issues with Zero Gunner 2 based on the longer thread.
I found them to be a bit laggy, but maybe not everyone will mind as much as I did. I didn't notice any big issues beyond that, though.
Austin

Post by Austin »

Great news for sure. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of shmups and other arcade ports to buy when I pick up a Switch.
pmp

Post by pmp »

No Morrigan no buy
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

Yawn
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

pmp wrote:No Morrigan no buy
This. But will this game at least have the Japanese voice acting for the cutscenes from the Dreamcast port?
FRO

Post by FRO »

xxx1993 wrote:
pmp wrote:No Morrigan no buy
This. But will this game at least have the Japanese voice acting for the cutscenes from the Dreamcast port?
It'd be nice if they offered both, TBH. As for Morrigan, since that character is a Capcom property, and they're not involved, I think the chances of her appearing in this port are akin to those of a snowball surviving in Phoenix in July. But the ability to have multiple language tracks would be cool.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

I just hope Strikers 1999 is getting released soon.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I thought these Psikyo ports were done through emulation of the arcade versions, which would mean no Morrigan or voice acting or anything that isn't in the arcade version?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Square_Air

Post by Square_Air »

Shepardus wrote:I thought these Psikyo ports were done through emulation of the arcade versions
That's interesting. I heard that these Psikyo ports were pretty inaccurate, but I've yet to play them myself.

I couldn't care less if Morrigan and voice acting aren't in the port, but if a single pattern is adjusted I'll just stick to MAME even if I do get the port.
ImageImageImage
| 1cc | Twitch |
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Square_Air wrote:
Shepardus wrote:I thought these Psikyo ports were done through emulation of the arcade versions
That's interesting. I heard that these Psikyo ports were pretty inaccurate, but I've yet to play them myself.

I couldn't care less if Morrigan and voice acting aren't in the port, but if a single pattern is adjusted I'll just stick to MAME even if I do get the port.
I own them all and they all play fine to me and I have the PCBs also. Zero Gunner 2 has had several patches and most of the issues have been resolved. It was not a straight port to begin with. That one did not use emulation.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
FRO

Post by FRO »

Tokyo-J wrote:
Square_Air wrote:

I own them all and they all play fine to me and I have the PCBs also. Zero Gunner 2 has had several patches and most of the issues have been resolved. It was not a straight port to begin with. That one did not use emulation.
Zero Gunner 2 had to be reprogrammed, didn't it, because the original code was lost somehow?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I'm just gonna stick with the Dreamcast version of Gunbird 2, then.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Square_Air wrote:
As far as I know, Zero Gunner 2- is the only one that is inaccurate, to the point of the developers acknowledging it by adding a minus to the title. I did hear all of them suffer from input lag, which is perplexing, though (not sure if the patches to some of the earlier ones fixed this).
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

BrianC wrote:
Square_Air wrote:
As far as I know, Zero Gunner 2- is the only one that is inaccurate, to the point of the developers acknowledging it by adding a minus to the title. I did hear all of them suffer from input lag, which is perplexing, though (not sure if the patches to some of the earlier ones fixed this).
They released patches to fix this. I was playing Strikers 1945 the other day and it updated. Felt much more responsive after that. Before it was bothersome.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Still waiting on this. I thought it was coming out this month. They are running out of time unless it comes out along side Ikaruga next week.
Ashura

Post by Ashura »

I know this and Gunbird 1 were both pulled and returned to the Eshop. Does anyone know what actually was changed when they came back? Did they add censorship or was all that stuff still in there?