EP 32 Part 2: Shmups at AGDQ! TUNE IN AND SUPPORT, Jan 8th

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Illyrian

Re: New Shmup Podcast, Episode 1 Finished!

Post by Illyrian »

Mark_MSX wrote:An update on interviews for the podcast:

Hey everyone, I have been spending the last few days thinking about how I am going to regularly get guests on the podcast. As I mentioned in my first episode, I would like to conduct live calls with members of the community. However, when I think about some of the barriers many members of the community will face for coming on the show (like audio equipment, matching my time schedule, and perhaps feeling unsure of what you want to say) I thought that it would be good to introduce an alternative as well.

So this is the idea that I have come up with. In addition to the call in option, I also want to see if you guys would be interested in taking part in written interviews. How it will work is that I will send you a link to a google doc. On that google doc I will write a question and you can write a response. Then, I will write my response to your response and we can have a conversation back and forth. What is nice about this is that is doesn't have to be done in one sitting and we can conduct the interview according to our own schedules. This could potentially be a much more reliable method for getting guests as well. Then, once the interview is completed, I will read through the interview for the podcast. This is also nice because I could fit in more interviews per episode.

What do you guys think? Anyone interested in trying this style of interview for the podcast? I at least want to try it once and see how it goes.

Sincerely,

Mark
Hey man. So I've done a bunch of podcasting stuff before, from short form content to full episodes. One of the things you can do is to allow other members of the community to submit short form content to your show. This can be from as short as 90 seconds, to up to 15-20 minutes depending on what you want. This can be people talking about a specific topic/giving their perspective etc.

That's one idea anyway.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
Frenetic

Re: Shmup Podcast Open Call for Guests

Post by Frenetic »

Frenetic here from STGWeekly. Do you have a Twitter? I'd be happy to follow and retweet when your podcasts come out.

May I suggest created a Google Form? Then you can have an archive of people interested and their answers to questions: https://www.google.com/forms/

Please et me know if you need any other help!

--F
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Frenetic wrote:Frenetic here from STGWeekly. Do you have a Twitter? I'd be happy to follow and retweet when your podcasts come out.

May I suggest created a Google Form? Then you can have an archive of people interested and their answers to questions: https://www.google.com/forms/

Please et me know if you need any other help!

--F
Thank you for the support my friend! I think the google form is a great idea. I have gone ahead and put one together. Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FLWRV ... 5RrS65enlQ

Let me know if you think it is setup properly.

I have also setup a twitter for the podcast.

My twitter handle is @Mark_MSX_

I also have a discord channel everyone is welcome to join. Here is the link for the discord:

https://discord.gg/YXHK2Fp

Thanks again!
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Illyrian wrote:
Mark_MSX wrote:An update on interviews for the podcast:

Hey everyone, I have been spending the last few days thinking about how I am going to regularly get guests on the podcast. As I mentioned in my first episode, I would like to conduct live calls with members of the community. However, when I think about some of the barriers many members of the community will face for coming on the show (like audio equipment, matching my time schedule, and perhaps feeling unsure of what you want to say) I thought that it would be good to introduce an alternative as well.

So this is the idea that I have come up with. In addition to the call in option, I also want to see if you guys would be interested in taking part in written interviews. How it will work is that I will send you a link to a google doc. On that google doc I will write a question and you can write a response. Then, I will write my response to your response and we can have a conversation back and forth. What is nice about this is that is doesn't have to be done in one sitting and we can conduct the interview according to our own schedules. This could potentially be a much more reliable method for getting guests as well. Then, once the interview is completed, I will read through the interview for the podcast. This is also nice because I could fit in more interviews per episode.

What do you guys think? Anyone interested in trying this style of interview for the podcast? I at least want to try it once and see how it goes.

Sincerely,

Mark
Hey man. So I've done a bunch of podcasting stuff before, from short form content to full episodes. One of the things you can do is to allow other members of the community to submit short form content to your show. This can be from as short as 90 seconds, to up to 15-20 minutes depending on what you want. This can be people talking about a specific topic/giving their perspective etc.

That's one idea anyway.
Thanks for the advice. I think that is a great idea! I am completely open to anyone out there who would like to send me sound clips to add to the podcast.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Just listened to the first episode. I enjoyed it, and I have a couple suggestions. One thing I do for my YouTube videos, specifically, long pickups videos, is to have some background music to help break up the monotony, and also generate interest. I keep it low, but it's there as a backdrop. It might be fun to hear some good shmup soundtrack music running low underneath the monologue, especially so it doesn't get to sounding too monotone. I will agree with the sentiment that you need a song somewhere in the middle to break up the flow slightly, and also to help segue different topics. Also, a video version of the podcast would be a nice companion, if you have the ability to do that. But I think this is a good start, and I look forward to hearing more.
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

FRO wrote:Just listened to the first episode. I enjoyed it, and I have a couple suggestions. One thing I do for my YouTube videos, specifically, long pickups videos, is to have some background music to help break up the monotony, and also generate interest. I keep it low, but it's there as a backdrop. It might be fun to hear some good shmup soundtrack music running low underneath the monologue, especially so it doesn't get to sounding too monotone. I will agree with the sentiment that you need a song somewhere in the middle to break up the flow slightly, and also to help segue different topics. Also, a video version of the podcast would be a nice companion, if you have the ability to do that. But I think this is a good start, and I look forward to hearing more.
Hey man, thanks for the feedback and support! I am still tinkering with the format of the show. I will try putting some background music in and see if I like it or not. As of right now I am planning on keeping the podcast audio only, but who knows what could change in the future. Future episodes are coming soon!
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

I finally got around to listening to this today and I was pleasantly surprised how good it was! I like the fact that you seem very focused on actually playing shooters rather than the Collectorz mentality of the more shooters you own the bigger the fan. I also like that you have specific goals and have really thought about the finer details of getting better. Good stuff!
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:I finally got around to listening to this today and I was pleasantly surprised how good it was! I like the fact that you seem very focused on actually playing shooters rather than the Collectorz mentality of the more shooters you own the bigger the fan. I also like that you have specific goals and have really thought about the finer details of getting better. Good stuff!
I am glad to get your vote of confidence! Funnily enough, just yesterday I discovered your channel and ended up watching a bunch of your 1 credit replays. I think you have an awesome cabinet setup. I also listened to the podcast you were on about playing Street Fighter 2 back in the day. I appreciated how you went into the nitty gritty details about using grooveymame. I love that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I was wondering if you would like to come on be a guest on the show?

Thanks again!
schnuth

Post by schnuth »

I dug the first episode and I'm looking forward for more. Any plans on setting up an RSS feed, or will they be posted only on the forum?
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

Good stuff! Looking forward to the next episode. Best of luck with doj, sounds like you’re making good progress.
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Mark_MSX wrote:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:I finally got around to listening to this today and I was pleasantly surprised how good it was! I like the fact that you seem very focused on actually playing shooters rather than the Collectorz mentality of the more shooters you own the bigger the fan. I also like that you have specific goals and have really thought about the finer details of getting better. Good stuff!
I am glad to get your vote of confidence! Funnily enough, just yesterday I discovered your channel and ended up watching a bunch of your 1 credit replays. I think you have an awesome cabinet setup. I also listened to the podcast you were on about playing Street Fighter 2 back in the day. I appreciated how you went into the nitty gritty details about using grooveymame. I love that kind of stuff.

Anyway, I was wondering if you would like to come on be a guest on the show?

Thanks again!
Hey thanks. I was a PCB purist until I used Grooveymame, it was a game changer for me. The reduced input lag and matched resolution/refresh-rate really pushed me to sell my PCBs before they died, which happened more than I’d like :/ I still have my TGM1 PCB though. Heh I spoke sooo fast on that podcast, I swear it was sped up to 1.5x speed, too much black coffee beforehand I think :)

Yeah sure I wouldn’t mind being a guest, that’d be cool. I’m not he best shooter player in the world but I’ve done a fair few 1cc’s, nothing super demanding like your DOJ endeavour.. :)
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Mark_MSX

Podcast Episode 2 Finished! Arcades as Art

Post by Mark_MSX »

The 2nd episode of the show, Arcades as Art, is complete!

Here is the link to the soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/user-306325657

On today's episode, I speak with David Payne from Salt Lake City. David, also known as Dpful on these forums, is not only an OG collector of PCB's, but also a musician and a creator of his own unique shmup and arcade cabinets. The name of David's game is "JPO in SLC." David was a fantastic first guest and I think you guys are in for an enjoyable and unexpected listen.

Link to the game's web-page:

http://www.rest30.com/wordpress/video-game-division/

Link to footage of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJMvJlb0muk

Link to game screenshots from David's collection:

http://www.rest30.com/vids/vids.htm

Finally, a link to a video of the rough alpha build of my shmup (because I talk about it a little on the episode):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_BZOUjNAMo&t=54s

P.S. The audio quality is good, but I have new equipment on the way and it will be improving in future episodes :-)

P.P.S. The original image I used for the basis of the cover art is by Tarrow100, a japanese artist that I asked permission to use the image from around two years ago. I then redesigned the color and added the other stuff. Here's the link to the original image, in case you were curious and wanted to compare them. https://www.deviantart.com/art/AXELAY-T ... -510972784
Last edited by Mark_MSX on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Hi Everyone, in case you didn't see the other thread, episode 2 is now released! It's a new thread in the shmups chat.
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Hi Everyone, in case you didn't see the other thread, episode 2 is now released! It's a new thread in the shmups chat.
soprano1

Re: Podcast Episode 2 Finished! Arcades as Art

Post by soprano1 »

Nice improvements, here's to future episodes! :wink:
ChurchOfSolipsism wrote:I'll make sure I'll download it illegally one day...
MintyTheCat

Post by MintyTheCat »

Thanks, I quite enjoyed listening to your Podcast :)
More Bromances = safer people
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Quite enjoyable your podcast, Mark.

You mention about places/websites sometimes; would be good if they are posted somewhere so I can visit them too.
Having your podcast in Spotify would be great :) - youtube would be less favourable for a podcast.
Audio of your guest was not too good, I could hear him fine, but for todays quality standards it was a bit poor. Perhaps use a different communication channel with your guest?

Looking forward for the next episodes!
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

MintyTheCat wrote:Thanks, I quite enjoyed listening to your Podcast :)
Thank you for the support! I am glad you enjoyed the episode.
waiwainl wrote:Quite enjoyable your podcast, Mark.

You mention about places/websites sometimes; would be good if they are posted somewhere so I can visit them too.
Having your podcast in Spotify would be great :) - youtube would be less favourable for a podcast.
Audio of your guest was not too good, I could hear him fine, but for todays quality standards it was a bit poor. Perhaps use a different communication channel with your guest?

Looking forward for the next episodes!
Thank you for the feedback! It sounds like everyone is interested in having this podcast on something like spotify or something like that. I'll look into it. As far as the audio quality goes, you are right about it not being where is needs to be. That was due to some setbacks with my recording setup, but the setbacks have been resolved (I believe) and future episodes will have better audio quality in general. I definetly don't want audio issues to continue and interfere with the quality of the content.

Cheers!
Aggro Sky

Post by Aggro Sky »

FYI, I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to SHMUPS and would love to participate if you'd have me.. :D
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Aggro Sky wrote:FYI, I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to SHMUPS and would love to participate if you'd have me.. :D
Funnily enough, I am actually familiar with your channel and was going to reach out to you for an interview, no lie haha. It would be awesome to have you on an episode. I'll pm you and we'll get a time arranged.
SenseiPong

Post by SenseiPong »

If you're curious--one way of doing a podcast for free is by uploading mp3 audio via archive.org, then hosting your root blog through Blogger, then rerouting the RSS within the HTML on your page with feedburner as your RSS source. Just remember when you have the link to the audio (at archive on blogger) in every blog post to NOT be formated with https:// but change the address to http:// (no 's'). For some reason iTunes has issues with linking that in the past... they're weird.

The reason why you want to link to the audio with Blogger, is that I believe Blogger may have a limited amount of media storage without having to pay a premium.

On feedburner, use Smartcast to upload an icon, set an iTunes category, brief description, etc. Once that's taken care of, manually submit your pods to some Android pod services, Sticher, and iTunes.

Spotify is unknown to me, despite it being popular. For years they've been very picky about podcast submissions, since they were in beta. But according to some recent news I found, they may have opened their doors. So I could be wrong about how picky they are.

The only downside with running a podcast like this is that you don't get the full benefits of using Libsyn or any other popular podcast host service (ie. Podbean, etc.), like getting good analytics in terms of usage numbers or ease of marketing. I recommend Libsyn as a host if you want a premium service. From what I've gathered over the past couple years through both small-time pods and larger pods is that they have a decent HR and are easy to use.

The only real benefit of doing a podcast like I've explained is that it's completely free; there's just a few hoops to be jumped. It's very manual and there's no tech support... but it's free... so yeah...

I know this cause I run a couple, VERY SMALL-time podcasts (one experimental/practice for myself and the other "new and focused")... Unbeknown to either of us; I literally started a new shmup podcast within days of yours...

I've been very antsy about posting here, cause literally hours after I posted my first episode, I discovered this thread. It was awkard... My shmupcast hit a midlife crisis before it even reached episode 2. I've been meaning to post here, but wasn't sure how to offer an olive branch for peace and good will.

Luckily for you--you're far more informative than I normally am. We have differing opinions from what I can guess after listening to your eps (despite us both loving shmups), which is good for an audience. Two different sides of the same coin. Also, stylistically, we're pretty different. And no... I haven't really started any actual "marketing" for my shmupcast. I wanted to get a few episodes out before I got going with that. Hopefully getting into a groove of how I'd go about it. Seeing that I'm a little rusty.

What really makes this funny is that we both had the same idea, for the same reasons, and are both situated in the American NorthWest (mostly)... It tripped me the frick out.

Eitherway--keep up the good work. Listening to your pods had an almost Retronauts or Retro Hour vibe to it. Which I love, so I automatically loved your pod eps and started comparing it to mine... it was inevitable... I apologize. Maybe we can both be guests on both pods in the future. Though, I'm not sure how great of a guest I'd actually be. Also, we should both really look into how to get onto Spotify lol. Apparently it's popular :?

Once I figure out how Spotify works, I'll let you know if you'd like.

Sensei Pong of the "Bullet Hell-o Shmupcast"
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Really pretty good...

Probably something about your voice but your first episode in particular tugged at those 'a life well wasted' memories [if your're not familiar I recommend downloading the first couple of those at least and copy as much as possible :) http://alifewellwasted.com/podcast/]

I don't know if it's your bag, but I'd really push for a bit more editing work, keep the breaks/interludes just a tiny bit shorter but maybe more frequent - at least at the very beginning before you get going, just a little more planning to perhaps try and guide the conservation topic a touch more, balancing your conversation episodes in particular - if at all possible get guest to record their side too and put together.... Any gaps in knowledge - just brush over in pursuit of the point/emotion of the conversation rather than getting hung up on who made what etc. It's perhaps a little false but acting just a touch more like an interviewer when with a guest than the 2nd equal half of a conversation. That being said be great to hear more of you're own perspective now and then - maybe before and after the conversation piece?

I'm sure it's all just practice, and can appreciate it might not be the format you're after, but unless you've got a busy schedule planned I really think you'll treasure these a bit more if you gave them more time.

Of course, feel free to dismiss all this - I'm selfishly saying all this because your work really did make me wish for that kind of more curated (shmup/arcade centric) podcast that I'd want to listen to more than once.... Above all; congratulations for just doing it!
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

gray117 wrote:Really pretty good...

Probably something about your voice but your first episode in particular tugged at those 'a life well wasted' memories [if your're not familiar I recommend downloading the first couple of those at least and copy as much as possible :) http://alifewellwasted.com/podcast/]

I don't know if it's your bag, but I'd really push for a bit more editing work, keep the breaks/interludes just a tiny bit shorter but maybe more frequent - at least at the very beginning before you get going, just a little more planning to perhaps try and guide the conservation topic a touch more, balancing your conversation episodes in particular - if at all possible get guest to record their side too and put together.... Any gaps in knowledge - just brush over in pursuit of the point/emotion of the conversation rather than getting hung up on who made what etc. It's perhaps a little false but acting just a touch more like an interviewer when with a guest than the 2nd equal half of a conversation. That being said be great to hear more of you're own perspective now and then - maybe before and after the conversation piece?

I'm sure it's all just practice, and can appreciate it might not be the format you're after, but unless you've got a busy schedule planned I really think you'll treasure these a bit more if you gave them more time.

Of course, feel free to dismiss all this - I'm selfishly saying all this because your work really did make me wish for that kind of more curated (shmup/arcade centric) podcast that I'd want to listen to more than once.... Above all; congratulations for just doing it!
Hi Gray! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. I understand what you are saying about having a more formal style of interview with my guests. If it makes you feel any better, I will say that when I go back and edit I am always looking to try and trim myself out of the conversation where it isn't necessary.

If it is helpful, I'll go ahead and share my philosophy as a host of the show (up to this point at least). Right now what I am aiming for is trying my best to tailor the style of the episode to sort of match the personality of my guest and topic. So, depending on the interview, the episode may turn more formal or conversational. In some upcoming episodes though (such as one about playing for score that I am working on) I do plan on following a format very similar to the one you describe in your post. Thank you for your feedback, because it helps me understand the different qualities that listeners are interested in hearing.

Also, as far as audio quality goes, I do have another recording setup ready which should improve the audio quality of my guests.
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

SenseiPong wrote:If you're curious--one way of doing a podcast for free is by uploading mp3 audio via archive.org, then hosting your root blog through Blogger, then rerouting the RSS within the HTML on your page with feedburner as your RSS source. Just remember when you have the link to the audio (at archive on blogger) in every blog post to NOT be formated with https:// but change the address to http:// (no 's'). For some reason iTunes has issues with linking that in the past... they're weird.

The reason why you want to link to the audio with Blogger, is that I believe Blogger may have a limited amount of media storage without having to pay a premium.

On feedburner, use Smartcast to upload an icon, set an iTunes category, brief description, etc. Once that's taken care of, manually submit your pods to some Android pod services, Sticher, and iTunes.

Spotify is unknown to me, despite it being popular. For years they've been very picky about podcast submissions, since they were in beta. But according to some recent news I found, they may have opened their doors. So I could be wrong about how picky they are.

The only downside with running a podcast like this is that you don't get the full benefits of using Libsyn or any other popular podcast host service (ie. Podbean, etc.), like getting good analytics in terms of usage numbers or ease of marketing. I recommend Libsyn as a host if you want a premium service. From what I've gathered over the past couple years through both small-time pods and larger pods is that they have a decent HR and are easy to use.

The only real benefit of doing a podcast like I've explained is that it's completely free; there's just a few hoops to be jumped. It's very manual and there's no tech support... but it's free... so yeah...

I know this cause I run a couple, VERY SMALL-time podcasts (one experimental/practice for myself and the other "new and focused")... Unbeknown to either of us; I literally started a new shmup podcast within days of yours...

I've been very antsy about posting here, cause literally hours after I posted my first episode, I discovered this thread. It was awkard... My shmupcast hit a midlife crisis before it even reached episode 2. I've been meaning to post here, but wasn't sure how to offer an olive branch for peace and good will.

Luckily for you--you're far more informative than I normally am. We have differing opinions from what I can guess after listening to your eps (despite us both loving shmups), which is good for an audience. Two different sides of the same coin. Also, stylistically, we're pretty different. And no... I haven't really started any actual "marketing" for my shmupcast. I wanted to get a few episodes out before I got going with that. Hopefully getting into a groove of how I'd go about it. Seeing that I'm a little rusty.

What really makes this funny is that we both had the same idea, for the same reasons, and are both situated in the American NorthWest (mostly)... It tripped me the frick out.

Eitherway--keep up the good work. Listening to your pods had an almost Retronauts or Retro Hour vibe to it. Which I love, so I automatically loved your pod eps and started comparing it to mine... it was inevitable... I apologize. Maybe we can both be guests on both pods in the future. Though, I'm not sure how great of a guest I'd actually be. Also, we should both really look into how to get onto Spotify lol. Apparently it's popular :?

Once I figure out how Spotify works, I'll let you know if you'd like.

Sensei Pong of the "Bullet Hell-o Shmupcast"
Thanks for posting a reply Sensei! Great advice on looking for other avenues for hosting the podcast. Right now I am thinking of either going with spotify or soundcloud, as those seem to be pretty popular. Google play sounds promising too. One service that I personally have a distaste for is podbean, because I have always had problems listening to podcasts off of it from the user end. Even when I do get the podcast on another hosting service though, I will continue to host episodes from google drive and post them on the forum, just because I enjoy the old school feel and like using the forums :-) I sort of consider the forum the official home of the podcast.

That is really funny to hear that I posted my podcast just a few days before you did. I can understand how awkward that probably was to find my threads basically saying the same thing you were planning on writing. The good news though is that everyone I have interacted with on the forums has been really cool and supportive. I am sure everyone will be supportive of your podcast as well. Personally speaking, I think its great to have as many content options as possible for shmups right now. Plus, for me, as much as I enjoy listening to my own podcast ;-) having another podcast to listen to will be great!

If you are ever needing any support for your podcast just let me know. We can even do some cross-over episodes, that would be a lot of fun. Plus, if we join forces in the future, we could collaborate on some larger projects (like a shmup tutorial series or something).

Thanks reaching out!
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Definitely in favor of a functional RSS feed. Would make it more convenient for me to actually listen to the podcast (Haven't gotten around to listening to ep 2 yet. Hopefully will soon.
Also, @SenseiPong: what is your RSS feed, so that I can check out your podcast as well?
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
Aggro Sky

Post by Aggro Sky »

LordHypnos wrote:Definitely in favor of a functional RSS feed. Would make it more convenient for me to actually listen to the podcast (Haven't gotten around to listening to ep 2 yet. Hopefully will soon.
Also, @SenseiPong: what is your RSS feed, so that I can check out your podcast as well?
Agree 100%. Make sure whatever hosting service you use includes an RSS feed, that way a podcatcher such as Podcast Republic, Stitcher etc will pick it up. Then other people that are possibly just into gaming could discover it on their own. I had to listen to the first episode on my PC last night because I couldn't find it on Podcast Republic. Ease of discovery and use will help build your audience. Just my 2 cents.
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

LordHypnos wrote:Definitely in favor of a functional RSS feed. Would make it more convenient for me to actually listen to the podcast (Haven't gotten around to listening to ep 2 yet. Hopefully will soon.
Aggro Sky wrote:
Agree 100%. Make sure whatever hosting service you use includes an RSS feed, that way a podcatcher such as Podcast Republic, Stitcher etc will pick it up. Then other people that are possibly just into gaming could discover it on their own. I had to listen to the first episode on my PC last night because I couldn't find it on Podcast Republic. Ease of discovery and use will help build your audience. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the advice you guys! I had no idea about RSS feeds and all of that. Sounds like a good course of action. I agree it is important for people to be able to find the podcast on their own. Especially since one of my goals is to bring more people outside of the scene into shmups. I'm looking at the different RSS feed options right now.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Really liked the episodes you've done so far. One suggestion I would offer about future episodes would be to give the guest a minute to briefly introduce themselves at the top before starting the questions.

I don't know that I have a terribly unique perspective on this stuff but I'd like to see this show continue and prosper, so I filled out a guest app in case your well runs dry :wink:
Mark_MSX

Post by Mark_MSX »

Keres wrote:Really liked the episodes you've done so far. One suggestion I would offer about future episodes would be to give the guest a minute to briefly introduce themselves at the top before starting the questions.

I don't know that I have a terribly unique perspective on this stuff but I'd like to see this show continue and prosper, so I filled out a guest app in case your well runs dry :wink:
Hi Keres,

I am glad to hear you are enjoying the episodes :-) . I like your idea of having a better introduction for the guests. An idea I had is to add in my own introduction of the guests after I complete the interview, that way I can use the information from the interview in the introduction.

I just looked over your sign up sheet, I think it will be good to talk about shmup streaming, I'm interested to learn more about the subject. I'll PM you and we can set up a time next week if that works for you.