shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Psyvariar Delta
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:14 pm 

I wrote Dispatch back in late July asking them to look into the missing promised DLC voucher from my copy of Psyvariar Delta I ordered from their store; the next day they replied and said they were working on it. It's now been a month since then, and despite repeated follow-up requests from me there has been total radio silence from them.

I don't know if Dispatch is just such a mess that they've somehow legitimately lost track of this issue, or whether they deliberately sent the "yup, we're totally on the job, just sit on back" message with no actual intention of taking action in hopes I'd forget about it, but either way methinks that, if they even manage to stay in business as it is, they're not seeing another penny from me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:58 pm 

I don't know why the hell City Connection chose them as their distributor of choice. I've grown to dislike StrictlyLimited and LimitedRun's business/marketing practices (flood the market with useless physical copies for games that don't deserve them + encourage scalper mentality), but they at least operate like a business and ship things on time, the few times I've used them. And unlike Dispatch, they actually email you updates about where things are.

I'll wait and see how they bungle Radirgy - maybe their motto should be "Just trust us, dude!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:54 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
I've grown to dislike StrictlyLimited and LimitedRun's business/marketing practices (flood the market with useless physical copies for games that don't deserve them + encourage scalper mentality)

This. Though I suppose there's not really going to be any other option going forward, as I'm pretty sure by the time the new consoles drop next Christmas, physical games will be largely non-existent in the mainstream, just like they have been on PC for the last 5-7 years. I'm personally fine with digital, though, not really much incentive for physical releases anymore unless it's a a rare case of a special edition that has some really good physical content with it (toys, books, posters, soundtrack, etc.)
SERIOUS BUSINESS

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:34 pm 

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
I'm personally fine with digital, though, not really much incentive for physical releases anymore unless it's a a rare case of a special edition that has some really good physical content with it (toys, books, posters, soundtrack, etc.)

Same here, the Cruisin' Mix Special LRG edition as well as Garegga speak to me, but others like Vasara, I could leave. I mean Would leave if I'd known it would me more of a dud than expected. To that end, Radigry Swag LE is something I want pretty bad. $44.00 wasn't terrible for what it offers. But yeah, Dispatch has been a lil iffy since Penguin Wars, I don't expect them to turn around any time soon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:40 pm 

I have no real way to check but hopefully this release is doing well on Steam/PS4/Switch. Steam review count is a bit low. Hopefully they support it with more content, the new stages were awesome. (would still like to know who was behind them)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:04 am 

EmperorIng wrote:
I don't know why the hell City Connection chose them as their distributor of choice. I've grown to dislike StrictlyLimited and LimitedRun's business/marketing practices (flood the market with useless physical copies for games that don't deserve them + encourage scalper mentality), but they at least operate like a business and ship things on time, the few times I've used them. And unlike Dispatch, they actually email you updates about where things are.

I'll wait and see how they bungle Radirgy - maybe their motto should be "Just trust us, dude!"

I don't know why there's so much hate for these companies pumping out "Limtied Physical Releases". If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have physicals of games I actually really want. Games I don't want I don't buy. Games I do want I usually am able to get most of the time.

Having a physical option is a good thing. At least in my opinion

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:20 pm 

I love how the boss battles become longer and more complex when you perform well during the stage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:56 pm 

Is it worth buying if you have PS2 version ?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:12 pm 

heli wrote:
Is it worth buying if you have PS2 version ?

Yes, the Delta remix is quite good and it runs great on both systems (PS4 and Switch). It's my favorite shmup on the Switch so far. Cybattler DLC is kinda take-it-or-leave-it, but I enjoy using the ship so it was worth the price for me.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10