Psyvariar Delta

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Bananamatic

Re: Psyvariar Delta

Post by Bananamatic »

fuck the stick, the fact they added a boss timer and shield timer is more important
ciox

Post by ciox »

I find those almost completely useless tbh, it's the tiny energy gauge that needed the most attention.

The shield is 1.6 seconds each time which is too short for a timer to be useful and the bosses except Graviton always time out at a predictable moment since they run through a playlist of recognizable attacks without randomization.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Those screens look very slick. What a big jump up from the PS2 release.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Never tried this series before, so I'll be happy to check it out.
KAI

Post by KAI »

yay, new soundtrack confirmed.
ciox

Post by ciox »

xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I just barely beat Psyvariar Revision and Psyvariar 2 two months ago, will this be worth getting? I hope it doesn't have a bullshit criteria to reach Gluon like what Revision had.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Cool trailer. I'm not too keen on the more dance-ish influence on the music arrange like those in Reassemble, though. Psyvariar's music was straightforward dramatic techno with pianos, though I liked that kind of early 00's generic techno.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

The HD graphics on this Psyvariar are well remastered, keeping the original's spirit but looking sharper. Hopefully the original Revision soundtrack is in there as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEPhh_J ... D&index=10
Boss #1 BGM, one of my favorites. Really epic.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
ciox

Post by ciox »

gameoverDude wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEPhh_J ... D&index=10
Boss #1 BGM, one of my favorites. Really epic.
Same here, honestly all the MR2151 tracks are epic through and through, damn shame they never collaborated anymore after Revision, makes you wonder what happened.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

Piercing supersaw trance and cabaret bar pianos. Ugh.
cools

Post by cools »

Psyvariar Revision is one of the only two PCBs I still own.

Really looking forward to the Switch release.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Yep, the original Taito G-Net versions of Psyvariar Medium Unit and Psyvariar Revision are ace as I own both of them. I recall watching an ace super player reaching the final boss on Psy-MU at a Japanese game center back in late April 2000 on just a single credit (he left after he lost his last life and my cousin & I were able to continue where he left off and watch the ending staff credits sequence afterwards) -- it was jaw-dropping considering that it was a brand new arcade STG title at that point in time.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Are Psyvariar Delta and Pysvariar Restoration the same game?
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

xxx1993 wrote:Are Psyvariar Delta and Pysvariar Restoration the same game?
Doesn't seem so...delta isn't out yet but judging by the trailer it's a remake of MU and Revision.
Restoration/Reassemble was a mobile version that unfortunately has been pulled from the iOS store.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Necronom wrote:
xxx1993 wrote:Are Psyvariar Delta and Pysvariar Restoration the same game?
Doesn't seem so...delta isn't out yet but judging by the trailer it's a remake of MU and Revision.
Restoration/Reassemble was a mobile version that unfortunately has been pulled from the iOS store.
I was looking on GameFAQs, so maybe Restoration could be ported to the Switch?
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

In addition to new music, it’ll also come with two new playable fighters that introduce a new way to attack.
This is news

And according to some guy in the comments section
For anyone scrolling down to check, there is a physical release. A standard edition and a fancy version with full soundtrack (as a digital download) available only by directly ordering on the Dispatch game site. You could also spend $100 on the japanese version which includes a vinyl record.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
cools

Post by cools »

pixelcorps wrote:Piercing supersaw trance and cabaret bar pianos. Ugh.
FWIW the trailer takes music from the mobile game, not the original arcade games.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Pre-Orders up for Western Version and Japanese Premium editions through Dispatch Games.

Switch Standard $29.99: https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... -exclusive
Switch Limited Edition $39.99: https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... ndo-switch
Switch Premium Edition $99.99 (Japanese) https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... e-preorder

PS4 Standard edition $29.99: https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... -exclusive
PS4 Limited Edition $39.99: https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... viar-delta
PS4 Premium Edition $99.99 (Japanese) https://readytodispatch.com/collections ... e-preorder
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Along with the 2 original planes, there will be new planes available as DLC which bring all new original attacks. These DLC can be used on all levels allowing players to have a different game play experience.
oh lol

also there were 2 original planes?
Xyga wrote:
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

No-brainer at $30.
denpanosekai

Post by denpanosekai »

Retail SHMUPs in 2018. Fuck yes. Great job Dispatch! Looking forward to this one.
mrmccormo

Post by mrmccormo »

Very happy to see a physical release, and in the West! I'm torn between the Switch or PS4 version...
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Nice to see a physical release, even if that proposed (hopefully) cover art is kinda lame. :P

Man, if only M2 would bring their titles to the Switch, and make it the ultimate re-release console. 8)
mrmccormo

Post by mrmccormo »

EmperorIng wrote:Nice to see a physical release, even if that proposed (hopefully) cover art is kinda lame. :P

Man, if only M2 would bring their titles to the Switch, and make it the ultimate re-release console. 8)
I'd be satisfied if M2 simply brought their titles to a physical format on any console (Battle Garegga Korean version notwithstanding).
GSK

Post by GSK »

Durandal wrote:
Along with the 2 original planes, there will be new planes available as DLC which bring all new original attacks. These DLC can be used on all levels allowing players to have a different game play experience.
oh lol

also there were 2 original planes?
The ship's different beteen MU and Revision, and this version lets you use the MU ship in Revision and vice-versa.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Very happy to finally be able to play Revision. Looking forward to this.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Special World

Post by Special World »

That is some truly blando cover art. But I'm looking forward to this, and hopefully that art is just a placeholder.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games