Psyvariar Delta

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
evil_ash_xero

Re: Psyvariar Delta

Post by evil_ash_xero »

My primary problem with these games is how short they are. Maybe a new mode will fix that.
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

Well, Revision is a pretty normal length if you play 8 stages and milk the bosses a bit. The game is designed with the expectation that players will eventually do this.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

Just got an email from Best Buy that the release date has been pushed back (again), this time to 12/31/18 :-(
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

This is pretty unacceptable. I put my pre-order down right away on the version and they don't even give us updates on the release. I'm assuming now that it won't be here until 2019.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

ugh. Another game already in English getting delayed in the US. I'm glad I bought the JP version on the eshop.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The release date mystery continues, but at least it's far enough along that the ESRB had a go at it.
Stevas

Post by Stevas »

Huh. Just realised this is on HK PSN, for... Some reason.
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

BulletMagnet wrote:The release date mystery continues, but at least it's far enough along that the ESRB had a go at it.
Xbox? Neat. Was planning on buying for Switch but I'll grab it for my shmup machine instead.
FX102A

Post by FX102A »

Apart from being Multi-Launguage, is there any difference between the Limited Editions from Asia & Japan for Switch? (just the L.E. cases, not the one with all the extra swag).

Like many I've been waiting for the North American Release but don't want to put down money for something that could take ages to finally be released; if it all. Could end up with another Raiden Fighter Aces EU scenario. Still bitter about that.
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

Well I got the jp psn store version for ps4. I have only played a few sessions but one thing I was trying to find out was what the delta mode was all about..I tried to look up reviews and they are all for the switch release. On the screen when you select ship, mode, music, the switch version can only choose between medium unit or revision game modes. On the ps4 you can pick those and a delta mode (which I am trying to figure out what exactly that is). The switch and ps4 version give all three for music options. Anyone know what the Delta game mode is?
ciox

Post by ciox »

Enemy formations are remixed a little in the stages, from what I've seen.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Seems they're aiming for February for the US release - moreover, if you order from Dispatch's website you get the Cybattler DLC free.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Any info on when it's coming to steam? is it coming to steam?
Not read the whole thread so maybe it's already answered.
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

February? You mean this will be sitting between New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Resident Evil 2 Remake in January and Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro in March?!
Wow, this will swim like a stone...
FRO

Post by FRO »

BulletMagnet wrote:Seems they're aiming for February for the US release - moreover, if you order from Dispatch's website you get the Cybattler DLC free.
So those of us who preordered from Dispatch MONTHS AGO (*sigh*), will get this free DLC?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Yeah, apparently it applies to all preorders from their site, including ones from a ways back. They clarified it on their Twitter someplace.
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

Anyone else have this pre-ordered on Amazon? I've had it pre-ordered there for ages, and they just went and cancelled my pre-order saying

"Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Psyvariar Delta - Nintendo Switch"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:"

Anyone else have this happen?
RealPlumpBox

Post by RealPlumpBox »

Johnpv wrote:Anyone else have this pre-ordered on Amazon? I've had it pre-ordered there for ages, and they just went and cancelled my pre-order saying

"Hello,

Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:"

Yup. I got the same one. Glad I at least have the JP version.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Johnpv wrote:Anyone else have this pre-ordered on Amazon? I've had it pre-ordered there for ages, and they just went and cancelled my pre-order saying

"Hello,

Same thing happened to a friend. Looks like the "Contact Us" form on the Dispatch Games website doesn't work, either. Starting to think they've hoodwinked everyone. Is the JP version a physical release?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Amazon can be annoying with those order cancellations. In the case of the Arrow version of The Apartment blu-ray, they cancelled the preorders, only for it to be back in stock right after it came out. Frustrating that a game with an English translation is having such a hard time with a US release. I'm glad I bought the JP one on the eshop.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Dispatch says it's just an automatic Amazon thing that happens after preorders reach a certain age. They say the release is still happening, but exact date TBA. https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 8439141376
Johnpv

Post by Johnpv »

CloudyMusic wrote:Dispatch says it's just an automatic Amazon thing that happens after preorders reach a certain age. They say the release is still happening, but exact date TBA. https://twitter.com/DispatchGames/statu ... 8439141376

Yeah I call bullshit on that one. Mainly because I have a couple other games I pre-ordered LONG before this one, and Amazon hasn't cancelled them.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Steam version is out on the 30th.
ciox

Post by ciox »

BulletMagnet wrote:Steam version is out on the 30th.
Booya
Weak Boson

Post by Weak Boson »

meow meow meow meow

2 weeks

I'm so excited !!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I wonder how far away the console releases are if that's the case...

Still, awesome! Another steam release that people can actually play. Maybe if there enough people to take the game seriously they can vote for it on their top 25 ballot (right now Psyvariar 2 is inching on that spot for me).
dannycheeto

Post by dannycheeto »

Looking forward to this but i'm a little alarmed by the current listed system requirements... they can't be for real can they atm?
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I've been playing a lot of Psyvariar 2, partially in anticipation for this release. I have a question though, based off of Delta videos:

Is buzzing handled differently in Psyvariar 1/Med/Rev? In Psy 2, you are constantly zipping around the screen, rolling and buzzing to build up levels. A lot of the vids I've watched have a lot more limited buzzing and restrained movement. Does the level up system work significantly differently?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

If memory serves in Medium Unit you can only "buzz" each bullet once, while in Revision and 2 you can "buzz" any bullet multiple times as long as you stay close to it while it's onscreen.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

BulletMagnet wrote:If memory serves in Medium Unit you can only "buzz" each bullet once, while in Revision and 2 you can "buzz" any bullet multiple times as long as you stay close to it while it's onscreen.
That's right.

Now there's 7 hours until PD unlocks on Steam. I am so getting this. Don't know why the PS4 version is not on USA PSN.
Kinect? KIN NOT.