shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:03 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Psyvariar Delta
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 pm 

great news about the bombs! I haven't played MU much so not sure if this is a new thing. They did release another update, but I think this time all they added was a way to close the game without using a keyboard. Not the feature I most desire but someone requested it and they delivered which gives me hope that 4:3 support isn't far off.

Had a couple of runs back to back in which I reached the TLB of Revision. Unfortunately I choked them both with bombs in stock X_x looks like I need more practice !

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:18 pm 

Devs seem to be pretty responsive about issues - those updates appear pretty quick after players' feedback.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:19 pm 

Despatche wrote:
So it was an simple mistake that they patched? Or did Japanese players talk to them about it? Either way, this port just got immediately better.

Is there anything else like that in Medium Unit right now?

It was a very old mistake since bombs behaved like this in the PS2 port as well, and I assume they used that codebase. I like to think that they read this forum, and my posts in particular, but that's the vanity speaking. Anyway the port feels like it's arcade perfect now, hope I can submit a good score and run in the near future.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 pm 

Wait, the PS2 port does that too? What in the actual shit?

Thanks, Delta devs, you're pretty awesome.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:44 am 

Has there been any updates at all as to when the damn US version is coming? I, and I'm sure others here, pre-ordered the physical copy back in May, and I have yet to receive one update via email in regards to it. I'm ready to cancel my pre-order but I'm not even sure I can do that. So disappointing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:15 am 

steveovig wrote:
Has there been any updates at all as to when the damn US version is coming? I, and I'm sure others here, pre-ordered the physical copy back in May, and I have yet to receive one update via email in regards to it. I'm ready to cancel my pre-order but I'm not even sure I can do that. So disappointing.

On the Dispatch games Facebook page they're saying February is tentative. ..so maybe March or April?
They did just release that Penguin Wars game, so there's activity or movement on their side at least.
Certainly not doing themselves any good by keeping everyone mostly in the dark.

Has it been confirmed yet if the "Blanche" DLC will be on the North American disc?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:07 am 

Gave the game a break for a couple of days and came back to get the Revision 1CC on my first run ^__^

Had a no miss up until X-D but died repeatedly in the stage so went into the boss with no lives remaining like usual. 68 million score is nothing special but I decided to stop being fancy and just secure a clear on this version. Might see if I can nab a cheeky MU clear while I'm at it. Then I'll have to find time to explore Delta mode too :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:36 pm 

For those on the Steam version: you can make the game run in dedicated/true fullscreen by editing the launch options. Open the games properties on steam, select launch options and insert -window-mode exclusive . This should reduce input delay and increase performance.
Outside of steam you should be able to add the line as launch parameters for the .exe

As far as I know this option is hidden from Unity games by default because the game can stop working if you switch focus from the program or use alt-tab.

This works for any Unity game. So Black Bird, Rival Megagun, etc. I haven't tried this with psyvariar yet myself but it should work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm 

Zaarock wrote:
For those on the Steam version: you can make the game run in dedicated/true fullscreen by editing the launch options. Open the games properties on steam, select launch options and insert -window-mode exclusive . This should reduce input delay and increase performance.
Outside of steam you should be able to add the line as launch parameters for the .exe

As far as I know this option is hidden from Unity games by default because the game can stop working if you switch focus from the program or use alt-tab.

This works for any Unity game. So Black Bird, Rival Megagun, etc. I haven't tried this with psyvariar yet myself but it should work.

I can't tell if it reduces input delay but the game will at least fill the screen now on 16:10, obviously there is some stretching but that can be fixed with the game's screen options, might work for 4:3 too, not sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:35 pm 

Psyvariar Delta runs on the Unity Engine?

Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:37 pm 

Looks like it does, launcher with options looks like standard unity engine game launcher

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 am 

Thanks for the tip Zaarock. Using 4:3 there is a limit to how much you can stretch the screen but seems to get the correct aspect ratio in full screen.

---

Got the MU 1CC so now exploring Delta mode. Looks like this is going to be really fun, it seems it's going to be as difficult as Revision to clear.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:56 pm 

Decided I might as well grab the remaining achievements and I found myself playing through the replay mode-only XX stages. I gotta say it's really nice having these stages more accessible, it was such a rigmorale to play them in the PS2 version. It would have been really cool if they'd use the XX bosses instead of the normal ones in Delta mode !

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7