Memory based shmups

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Ako

Re: Memory based shmups

Post by Ako »

Anyone has a good enough memory to memorize routes in shoot them ups given enough time. What you're actually exercising over a long period of time are things like willpower, temperance, and diligence, so as to not give up and not get distracted by anime or whatever self indulgent bullshit people get wrapped up in. Muh dodging skill is another overrated metric favored mostly by adolescents in YouTube comment sections. I should know since I cared about the same shit when I was a teenager. That kind of thing is useless when you can't stick to a schedule of grinding out runs or get bored and give up when you're no longer having fun.
chum

Post by chum »

almost everyone in this thread is wrong, about everything. so don't listen to them, listen to me instead. I suggest Tatsujin, then Tatsujin Ou if you like it. If you want a better game, I suggest Hishouzame
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Ako wrote:That kind of thing is useless when you can't stick to a schedule of grinding out runs or get bored and give up when you're no longer having fun.
This reminds me of the immense willpower I summoned to clear Skull Fang over several weeks of practice - a titanic challenge because Skull Fang stops being fun after 2 attempts.