Recommend some PSN shooters?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Arvandor

Recommend some PSN shooters?

Post by Arvandor »

I haven't bought a new console since the Wii, and the newest shmup I've played is probably DDP: Daifukatsu? I've always loved the Cave (ESPGaluda and DDP are favorites) and Psikyo games (Gunbird 2 and Dragon wossname), with a bit of ambivalence towards Raizing, and a love for a good chunk of the Dreamcast shooters (Under Defeat, Ikaruga, Triggerheart Exelica, and some cartoony one I can't remember the name of off-hand). So with that in mind, I'm buying a PS4 and would like some recommendations =)
reckon luck

Re: Recommend some PSN shooters?

Post by reckon luck »

Battle Garegga rev. 2016 (the other Shottriggers haven't been localized yet, but you could buy them on a Japan PSN account)
DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours
Raiden V: Director's Cut
RESOGUN
Nex Machina (it's not a scrolling shmup, but it's amazing)
Arcade Archives series (Gradius, Gradius II, Life Force, Last Resort, Pulstar, Blazing Star, etc..)
Senko no Ronde 2
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Arvandor wrote:Psikyo games (Gunbird 2 and Dragon wossname)
Dragon Blaze.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »

If you can get a hold of a japanese psn point card, there is Dangun Feveron and Sorcerer Striker for PS4.

I have been meaning to buy these two games myself but just haven't bought a point card from Play Asia before I run out of money for the month. They were developed by the Shot triggers guys. Their port of Garegga was pretty much flawless so expecting the same with these two ports.
chempop

Post by chempop »

There is also Caladrius Blaze, decent but a bit convoluted weapon/power system, i should give it a little more time for it to click.

Also, nice seeing some old faces around here. :D
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Arvandor

Post by Arvandor »

chempop wrote:There is also Caladrius Blaze, decent but a bit convoluted weapon/power system, i should give it a little more time for it to click.

Also, nice seeing some old faces around here. :D
I know, I just noticed my join date. I know it's been a while, but I cannot believe I joined this site 13 freaking years ago. Wtf.