Lightning Weapons

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
XoPachi

Re: Lightning Weapons

Post by XoPachi »

I always liked how ridiculous the Field Thunder looks in Blazing Lasers. And Abnormal Palm's lock on option thing just looks overpowered and cool.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Purple Weapon in Raiden series.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Ruldra wrote:There's this really old freeware shmup called Die Slave
The creator of Die Slave also made a vertizontal game whose name I can't remember that had a similar lightning weapon.

Raptor: Call of the Shadows for PC has a shock weapon - it fired little balls of lightning. Not a flashy weapon, but it on many enemies it had the effect of disabling their firing completely when it hit (some were immune).

Mushihimesama Futari has Palm Abnormal in 1.5 and Palm in Black Label with lightning. The lightning component works more or less the same in both - when lasering, you fire a thin stream of lightning balls or a laser beam, but any time you successfully hit an enemy with the main stream, you get a super wide spray of lightning that automatically locks on to nearby enemies, acting as a combination of a thin laser and a super powerful wide shot (so long as you can keep hitting stuff with the central attack).