EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
KAI

Re: EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

Post by KAI »

Zaarock wrote:What kind of changes to expect in Strania EX over previous versions? From that trailer looks like Vower stage 4 boss missiles dont leave behind explosions. Maybe only small adjustments like that?
That trailer was made with superold footage from the 2nd 360 trailer. The exa update seems to have a lot of tweeks, like no borders on screen and shorter stages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3fZhhECgt0
the last section of the 1st stage with the zakos is larger on the 360/Nesica/Steam versions.
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

KAI wrote:no borders on screen
They've not actually removed the borders, it's 4:3 stretched to 16:9 which is an odd way to set it the cab up. I would've assumed that's how you play it on a 4:3 cab but they'd add the score borders for 16:9 (I assume Nesica has them?)
If you think about it, removing the borders would really mess with the gameplay.

Making some of these games compatible with both 16:9 and 4:3 could be a bit of a head scratcher for developers. I suspect the only true 9:16 shmups we see will be the phone ports.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

The website has been updated with games and partners tabs. Each thumbnail gives a short description to give off its selling point / distinct niche.

Check out the updated site:
http://exa.ac/index.html

Update:

I have taken a look at the individual items in the games and partners sections on both desktop and mobile sites. The good thing is that the individual items are completely functional on the expansion tab and the information tab. While the content can benefit from having slightly bigger fonts on the items and description, the mobile version suffers a bit from behavior bugs such as description not showing up all the way on the last item. Another thing that can be fixed is the color selection because while it is nice to showcase a rainbow to represent diversity, white, black, and red really screams as the three colors for the brand. So it may be useful to change all the item colors in the games and partners tab to black or red to help unify the brand.

I wish for the arcade platform to succeed and I encourage everyone to give feedback on the website browsing experience and more so ShouTime and team can really up its presentation before launch.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

I know this isn't news or anything, but its related to the thread, considering the guy running the Exa - Arcadia thing...

I'm not sure I missed it or I've never checked it through previous episodes, however, never thought to see Shou being credited in High Score Girl of all things, lol.

I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

NeoStrayCat wrote:I know this isn't news or anything, but its related to the thread, considering the guy running the Exa - Arcadia thing...

I'm not sure I missed it or I've never checked it through previous episodes, however, never thought to see Shou being credited in High Score Girl of all things, lol.

Wow. That's a great capture. Do you know which episode featured this credit?

Also I get more excited after each game gets released for Exa Arcadia, with the latest being Devil Engine confirmed 2019 release date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOHVGGz5KEg

And I also got another question for the Exa Arcadia crew about universal cabinets and modules (because I cannot stop thinking about the grand possibilities):

When the universal template machines come into existence, are there plans in the future or desire for customizable modules so that operators, developers, and cabinet owners can tweak the setup to suit different gameplay experiences? The modules I am thinking are ones that are detachable by secure plugs plus screw holes to make physical theft difficult.

I cannot believe that Exa Arcadia is off to a nice launch year with more games being announced at least once a month.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

NeoStrayCat wrote:I know this isn't news or anything, but its related to the thread, considering the guy running the Exa - Arcadia thing...

You’ll see more and more credits coming soon like this one.

become history
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Ooh, an update on Devil Engine. Trailer looks sick. Laughed at the Zero 3 reference more than the TF4 reference. It's heading to exA? Holy shit.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
ciox

Post by ciox »

SuperPang wrote:
KAI wrote:no borders on screen
They've not actually removed the borders, it's 4:3 stretched to 16:9 which is an odd way to set it the cab up. I would've assumed that's how you play it on a 4:3 cab but they'd add the score borders for 16:9 (I assume Nesica has them?)
If you think about it, removing the borders would really mess with the gameplay.

Making some of these games compatible with both 16:9 and 4:3 could be a bit of a head scratcher for developers. I suspect the only true 9:16 shmups we see will be the phone ports.
Hmm, it doesn't look stretched at all though, I think they're doing it like Under Defeat HD, basically a completely different mode.
shmupsrocks

Post by shmupsrocks »

Should we expect to see ports from old platforms to this platform or will this be for x86 games?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Anything is possible :)
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
shmupsrocks

Post by shmupsrocks »

Are all of the games announced so far from the x86 or arm platform?
Shou

Post by Shou »

shmupsrocks wrote:Should we expect to see ports from old platforms to this platform or will this be for x86 games?
Not straight ports but yes
become history
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

UPDATE:

ShouTime confirmed that there will be no announcements at IAAPA 2018 and nothing will happen;
meaning there are no Exa Arcadia events during IAAPA 2018 despite that Arcade Heroes believed that Exa Arcadia would show up then.

Link to claim that Exa Arcadia would show up in IAAPA 2018 at end of interview / CAX showcase article:
http://arcadeheroes.com/2018/08/03/exa- ... interview/

Original:

We are approaching October, close to 1 and 1/2 months before Exa Arcadia's BIG LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT at IAAPA 2018 scheduled some time between November 12 and 16th conference dates, and trade show from November 13th to 16th. The IAAPA 2018 event is located in Orlando Florida.

You can check out the website for registration if you plan to go there: http://www.iaapa.org/expos/iaapa-attractions-expo/home

I hope for some teaser announcements during October and beginning of November, leading up to Fall 2018 launch period. Good props for you guys should you decide to go for Exa Arcadia.

Will there be location tests at IAAPA 2018 in Orlando, Florida?
Last edited by MrJBRPG on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shou

Post by Shou »

No one said there will be an announcement at IAAPA.

Nothing will be there.
become history
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

I have noticed that the latest news about Twitter is that there was location tests for Aka & Blue along with Infinos EXA at Mikado.

One user has discovered the latest change for EXA mode in Infinios Exa is the barrier gauge, which can take up to 5 hits upon getting barrier powerup.

https://twitter.com/MOG_6958/status/1048540475190259713

Otherwise, a round of polishing from user feedback will still commence, and that everything will remain quiet until more stuff happens.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

More interestingly, the barrier gauge seems to have replaced the life bar completely.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

Another small set of news about Exa Arcadia:

On the website, you can now toggle between English and 日本語 (Nihongo) language options and they work; more language options will be added when more games are released worldwide.

Recently on twitter, Grev will have a location test for Strania EX at Mikado on October 20th to the 21st on the weekend.

I always enjoy small news about Exa Arcadia because it is before the launch period.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

MrJBRPG wrote:Recently on twitter, Grev will have a location test for Strania EX at Mikado on October 20th to the 21st on the weekend.
Would be nice to know of the differences of the Exa version, besides the soundtrack change. I've played enough Strania in the other versions to know much of the game in and out.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

I wish the people of Exa Arcadia a happy holidays and hope their great new years resolution is to have a good launch party in 2019 worldwide!

Anyways, I stumbled upon a tweet in Japanese mentioning about Exa Arcadia and asked for a translation by someone else on Discord. The result is a rough translation without much context. it comes from an IGN Japan interview about Ketsui for PS4 and someone mentioned about 'Aleste might still be operating in arcades'

Original tweet:
https://twitter.com/xxxx_kt_xxxx/status ... 7018788865
IGNのケツイのインタビューで
「『ケツイ』でシューティング力を高めた先に、『アレスタ』がゲーセンで稼動しているかもしれないので。」
と書いてあって普通ならただの願望って思うんだけどM2的な観点から見るとexA基板向けに開発してんのかなぁとか思ったり

Rough translation:
In IGN’s Ketsui interview, ‘Before increasing your shooting skills with Ketsui, Aleste might still be operating in arcades.’
I’d think that’s a normal wish but from M2’s perspective, I thought they were developing for exA boards.

We look forward to any news, especially the upcoming JAEPO 2019.

[update]

Finally, a new article translated into English about Exa Arcadia, with some new juicy details!
http://shmupemall.com/interviews/interv ... 19145.html

A new screenshot of the arcade launch title Aka & Blue Type R

Look like the UI is far more refined for arcade, taking up less space and fits nicely for big screen monitors.

Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

This seems more like Vaporware at this point.

It has been a year yet nothing. No new announcements. Lots of teases but nothing solid.

Shame this system had potential.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
lilmanjs

Post by lilmanjs »

Tokyo-J wrote:This seems more like Vaporware at this point.

It has been a year yet nothing. No new announcements. Lots of teases but nothing solid.

Shame this system had potential.
Uhh, it takes time to develop games, I thought you'd know this. Where do you get the idea it is vaporware?
avri62

Post by avri62 »

According to the OP this hardware was supposed to launch in late summer 2018, but it's 2019 and still no date in sight. I think that's why he's thinking it's vaporware.
Shou

Post by Shou »

There will be around 20 announcements at JAEPO 2019 including pricing and availability.

Our last location test was a few weeks ago where we made 10x the income of Nesica 2.
become history
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Shou wrote:Our last location test was a few weeks ago where we made 10x the income of Nesica 2.
That's awesome. I hope the launch, whenever that may be, has similar results worldwide.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

A2b sure looks a lot better in movement than it does on a static screenshot!
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Shou wrote:Image

There will be around 20 announcements at JAEPO 2019 including pricing and availability.

Our last location test was a few weeks ago where we made 10x the income of Nesica 2.

Hopefully some great surprises. I was hoping to own a motherboard and AKA to Blue already.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Trevor spencer

Post by Trevor spencer »

Well some of the games I've seen on this system look fantastic, hopefully they will get ported eventually as I'm sure that's the only chance I'll get to play them.
Check out my YouTube Channel
YouTube
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Trevor spencer wrote:Well some of the games I've seen on this system look fantastic, hopefully they will get ported eventually as I'm sure that's the only chance I'll get to play them.
Last I checked, Shou did say the "Exa" specific content isn't gonna get ported over and is only exclusive to the Exa-Arcadia board, sadly. Though yeah, wish they could have ported said "Exa" content on existing games that are already available on certain platforms, but oh well, unless there's a change in plans, don't expect it at the moment.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

Only 2 more weeks until JAEPO from the 25th to 27th, with the weekend being public exhibition. We look forward to those big announcements happening then.

ShouTime, do you have other plans to showcase games across future trade shows, like Amusement Expo International located in Las Vegas, Nevada, prior and after launch date of the platform?

Here is link to Amusement Expo International in case you're curious
https://www.amusementexpo.org/2019/Public/Enter.aspx
zak

Post by zak »

How big is the Hardware? :) Will we finally see how it hooked up with 4 games?