EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
ryu

Re: EXAーARCADIA [New Arcade Platform/Publisher]

Post by ryu »

was that even meant to be public? each page had a "confidential" mark

exciting news. I hope for everyone involved that this takes off
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
schleichfahrt

Post by schleichfahrt »

MrJBRPG wrote: For questions and presentation about Exa Arcadia, you are encouraged to have a look at the video stream of the panel:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/290372428
As of now the video does not seem to be available anymore, so:
MrJBRPG wrote: Plenty of surprises and new content there, and ShouTime really wants more diversity in game submissions beyond shmups / shooting games (unless there is something really unique that stand out)
Can you elaborate a bit more about this? Does this translate to "no more shmups pls!"?
Considering the shmup audience is amongst the most conservative and seems to dislike deviations from the established formulas to the point of complete rejection "really unique" sounds.. strange (unless it was meant in regards of production value).
When you ruin some enemy, add to score points.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

schleichfahrt wrote:Can you elaborate a bit more about this? Does this translate to "no more shmups pls!"?
I'm pretty sure that "No more shooters, please." was a direct quote.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

ookitarepanda wrote:
schleichfahrt wrote:Can you elaborate a bit more about this? Does this translate to "no more shmups pls!"?
I'm pretty sure that "No more shooters, please." was a direct quote.
Yes it is a direct quote and already there are companies asking Shoutime to use Exa Arcadia for various purposes and ShouTime and crew of Exa Arcadia are open to many ideas. The end goal for Exa is to be the arcade business that strengthens the community between operators, developers, and players through business models that benefit those operators and developers in new and innovative ways.

Another good thing that Exa Arcadia is pushing that no other company are is planning for more universal templates for different game genres that work the same way as Neo Geo such as light gun games, trackball games, and others that use unique controls not found in consoles.

I think KevinDDR will eventually replace them with higher quality uploads since they got back to their homes. I was there and the recorders plan to improve audio before uploading them again.
schleichfahrt

Post by schleichfahrt »

ookitarepanda wrote: I'm pretty sure that "No more shooters, please." was a direct quote.
MrJBRPG wrote: Yes it is a direct quote
If my cold black heart could break I think it would, now.
In my infinite naivety, with Aka to Blue being the major launch title and everything else that was transpiring here over the last few months, I had hoped for a glorious stg future on that platform. Now it seems like the new Eden is over before the system even launched.

Side note: I had even put some resources into an older project of ours that had been stagnant for a while due to the PC shmup market being what it is, hoping that I could dangle it in front of the exa guys.

But alas.
When you ruin some enemy, add to score points.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

schleichfahrt wrote:
ookitarepanda wrote: I'm pretty sure that "No more shooters, please." was a direct quote.
MrJBRPG wrote: Yes it is a direct quote
If my cold black heart could break I think it would, now.
In my infinite naivety, with Aka to Blue being the major launch title and everything else that was transpiring here over the last few months, I had hoped for a glorious stg future on that platform. Now it seems like the new Eden is over before the system even launched.

Side note: I had even put some resources into an older project of ours that had been stagnant for a while due to the PC shmup market being what it is, hoping that I could dangle it in front of the exa guys.

But alas.
You do not have to take it literally because Exa Arcadia is at its early stages and having a diversity of titles is more important for the early years. Besides, there are more shooting games to look forward to throughout time. At least 4 new shmups were announced during the Exa Arcadia seminar on Saturday July 28th because they have something different enough to sell.

Anyways, let's all look forward to what else is in stores before Holiday 2018 / Early 2019 launch period of Exa Arcadia platform with the available games.

From the CAX location test, there were 5 shooting games (2 horizontal, 3 vertical) and 2 non-shooting games.

Aka & Blue Type R
Cave Digger 3671 (Heiankyo Alien 3671)
Danmaku Unlimited 3 Valkyrie
Infinos EXA
Kung Fu vs Karate Champs
Super Hydorah AC
Strania EX
KAI

Post by KAI »

Be patient, there's still those milestone games and that g.rev mech run&gun/totally-not rohga2 to be announced, they're gonna save the exa.
caldwert

Post by caldwert »

I think you guys are reading too much into this. They just meant no more shooters for right now b/c they can't release like 20 all at once and cannibalize the sales of all of them. There will be shooters, but they need a diverse lineup.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

caldwert wrote:I think you guys are reading too much into this. They just meant no more shooters for right now b/c they can't release like 20 all at once and cannibalize the sales of all of them. There will be shooters, but they need a diverse lineup.
Exactly this. If your lineup is all shooters nobody's gonna buy into it, y'all gotta be real.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

"No more indie ports please" would probably be better though.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

spmbx wrote:"No more indie ports please" would probably be better though.
Please let's not go off topic too much because this thread is supposed to celebrate the upcoming new arcade platform for unique games catered to arcade ecosystems.

Anyways, you are encouraged to ask any questions about Exa Arcadia as well as leaving feedback on any games you actually played on location tests so far. I am sure that the people at Exa Arcadia, including ShouTime, are actually taking feedback from left and right, and some will give a written response at their convenience.

I look forward to what else is in stores, whether it be location tests, more presentations, new press videos and trailers, and more before the the Holiday 2018 / Early 2019 launch of the Exa Arcadia platform.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

spmbx wrote:"No more indie ports please" would probably be better though.
Personally I agree, but it's much easier to say than do ;) we're working on it.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Yes, we don't need 20 shmups all releasing around the same time. Get us a new Mr. Driller, get TTC to let a Tetris game on it, Christ.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Despatche wrote:Get us a new Mr. Driller
Yes please 8)
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

Arcade Heroes has recently has uploaded an interview with ShouTime on Exa Arcadia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr7RW4ln7zs

Go ahead and listen to all the details.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Despatche wrote:Yes, we don't need 20 shmups all releasing around the same time. Get us a new Mr. Driller, get TTC to let a Tetris game on it, Christ.
Please this. A theoretical TGM3-EXA or TGM4 would be an instant buy.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Despatche wrote:Yes, we don't need 20 shmups all releasing around the same time. Get us a new Mr. Driller, get TTC to let a Tetris game on it, Christ.
Right, shmups should be spaced out somewhat rather than several at once. I'd like the EXA to keep a good variety.
TGM4 would be great. I think TTC should allow Arika to take some liberty with the guidelines.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
shoryusatsu999

Post by shoryusatsu999 »

About the whole TGM4 thing: Last I heard, it wasn't issues with TTC and the Guideline that sent the series into dormancy, but rather finding a publisher that would work with them. If they can somehow self publish or get Exa to publish it on their hardware, I think there's a real chance that we could see TGM4 coming back.

I don't think Mr. Driller is coming back, though. We haven't seen a new entry in the series since the Wii, and the last thing Susumu was in as far as I can recall (Namco High) failed miserably.
PepsimanVsJoe

Post by PepsimanVsJoe »

MrJBRPG wrote: Cosmic Digger 3671 (Heiankyo Alien 3671)

This is one of those games that is more sported as a 5 minute caravan game. As of now, any player can join in the game, and I do hope there is a countdown for player join-in until locking out because it would be a real pleasure to have separate score boards based on number of players. Also, it seems that the hidden items are randomized in placement across the maps for every play. I wished there was a way to have a subtle indicator on the hidden items, even having a super faint indicator of a particular item to keep players with sharp eyes alert on the map. I also noticed that the pitch video supports up to 4 players, which would mark EXA Arcadia's first 4 player cooperative scoring caravan.
There is an indicator for hidden items actually.
Whenever a green alien walks over where one of them is located, they'll flash and make a sound.

Glad you gave it a shot. Heiankyo Alien 3671 was my favorite game of 2017. I put 80+ hours into the PC version.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

I wonder if you guys have ever thought of using social media to spread awareness of Exa Arcadia to various arcade vendors near where you live?

Since I reside in the Bay Area, I took the chance to inform several arcade game bars about the existence of Exa Arcadia and let them know about the pitch of the platform as "The Neo Geo of Today and more" with friendly business models for operators and developers. I sure hope it would spread onto other arcades across the country as well and that could lead to a good starting launch for the platform.

As always, stay informed and bring in new information about Exa Arcadia, tell stories of your play experience, or even analyze existing interviews about Exa Arcadia.
qmish

Post by qmish »

did they remove strania page from website?
Kumasan

Post by Kumasan »

The latest planned Exa release..

https://twitter.com/exaarcadia/status/1 ... 3556328449
Our 6th release on exA-Arcadia is a 4 player anything goes action racing game called
@NipponMarathon TURBO HYPER RUNNING

Coming soon to arcades worldwide!
Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/7469 ... _Marathon/

Thoughts?
KAI

Post by KAI »

神バカゲーでもPOWER TO THE EXA

looks fun tho
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Looks like four player mad cap silliness.

Would definitely play.
My lord, I have come for you.
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

I feel very happy that Exa Arcadia is getting more coverage across niche sites and becoming more of a feature in the upcoming months before Fall / Winter 2018-19 launch period.

Twitter is, by no surprise, the most frequently used platform to spread out awareness and does garner interest among like-minded groups. The interviews and articles about Exa Arcadia and its games across various arcade sites also seem to help build more awareness of the games and the platform itself. Youtube seems to be one of the more promising platforms that does garner some buzz, but should have more videos up regularly to showcase trailers on the upcoming games and highlight the exclusive content not found anywhere else.

I do know that Exa Arcadia plans to sell a bundle of games as sets as launch so operators can make the most out of the lineup and so far has the following:

the following games is based on my guesses on what they could be

Vertical Shooting Set
(Aka to Blue R)
(Danmaku Unlimited 3 Valkyrie)
(????)
(????)

Action Set
(Super Hydorah AC)
(Infinos Gaiden)
(Kung Fu vs Karate)
(???? some kind of non-shooting action game)

I do hope there is another set that utilizes a 4-player cabinet with 4 games at launch
4 player Set
(Heiankyo Alien 3167 - Cosmic Digger [because it falls in line with Mindware's Cosmic series])
(Nippon Marathon Hyper Turbo Racing)
(???? maybe a beat-em-up)
(???? maybe some sort of sports or anything goes)

At this rate, at least one new game would be revealed per month to ensure a good selection of games at launch for Exa Arcadia.

I hope ShouTime can keep us updated when the time comes.

Also... Make sure to spread the word about Exa Arcadia to your nearest Arcade Center and inform the operators about the Exa Arcadia being the "Neo Geo of Today and more"!!!
Nordicus0114

Post by Nordicus0114 »

I'm not sure if many arcade players are going to care about this, but I wonder if the hardware can run games at 4k resolution because 4k is becoming more mainstream.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

Nordicus0114 wrote:I'm not sure if many arcade players are going to care about this, but I wonder if the hardware can run games at 4k resolution because 4k is becoming more mainstream.
Very few Japanese arcade cabs are even native 1080p. No universal cab is 4k.
become history
MrJBRPG

Post by MrJBRPG »

The latest press release from Primetime amusement does have a dedicated article about Exa Arcadia, and it is great that the awareness is spreading now!

Link to press release about Exa Arcadia due on Q4 2018:
https://primetimeamusements.com/exa-arc ... d-to-know/
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

MrJBRPG wrote:
Link to press release about Exa Arcadia due on Q4 2018:
https://primetimeamusements.com/exa-arc ... d-to-know/

"The current arcade market has been exploding, with new arcades, bar/arcades, FECs and similar locations opening up every month."
lol wut. is this really the case in the US?!
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...