Infinios Gaiden :-)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PlasmaBlooD

Infinios Gaiden :-)

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

i played Infinos Gaiden the last Days.no love for this Game.I find Infinios better as Last Resort from Stages and fun.
The game have some Special Stages with other enemys and endbosses.Boss rush without Shield and Legend Mode All Stages :-)
A hidden Stage in Stage 6 after the Endboss.But here exists no love for this game.i don t understand this .
Last edited by PlasmaBlooD on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muchi Muchi Spork

Re: No love for Infinos Gaiden :-(

Post by Muchi Muchi Spork »

There hasn't been time for love for it. Unfortunately you've started the first thread for it here with the negative meme. If you want positivity for a game maybe start with a positive post about it.
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

There were some posts about it, but no thread.

Here's a link to the Steam page. http://store.steampowered.com/app/77107 ... os_Gaiden/

Personally I thought it was pretty good, reminds me a lot of 90's Taito shmups.

It has walker mechs, damnit. Big fucking walker mechs. How can you not like this?
Last edited by Udderdude on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

No!!!

And this was my last posting in this forum.It is to difficult for me to write what i want to say.

Admin Clear this Posting and you can Clear my Account, too please

I wish all a good time Thanks
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Yeah, we're not gonna delete your account or your posts.

Infinos Gaiden does look and play nice, and I fully intend to get it somewhere down the line. Mmm, horzies.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
BIL

Post by BIL »

Genuinely curious, is thread title editing some kind of board privilege? I remember someone else freaking out not long ago about their thread title... surely you just hit "edit" in the opening post, then re-write the "subject" field as desired? I don't start threads often, so I can't remember ever not having the option.

Anyway, here's a bump. Marginally more love for Infinos Gaiden. :wink: I looked up the trailer when Udderdude posted about it recently, looks nice. I dig the clean+colourful Gradius Gaiden-esque aesthetic it has going on.
Shepardus

Re: Infinios Gaiden :-)

Post by Shepardus »

It doesn't come on a $2000 PCB, of course there's not going to be any love for it here.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

I absolutely love what I played of this game. Gonna buy the full version and I hope more, similarly paced horis come out.

OP, I understand your frustration as I've been dog piled in the past (under a different name) just for simply expressing enthusiasm for a game.
That's just the state of the Internet. Don't let the negativity get to you.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

Shepardus wrote:It doesn't come on a $2000 PCB, of course there's not going to be any love for it here.
:idea:
COMING SOON?
Last edited by Shou on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
become history
KAI

Post by KAI »

Brilliant game with awesome sprites and music. I just love how cinematic the last stages are.
I'm totally looking forward to what this RYO dude (and Tsukumo) will do next. Sega should give the rights to make Thunder Force 7 to him.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

I love Stage 6 music in the Atmosphere.

I have to completed Sin Ex stage,Boss rush and Hard.Then the game is to 100 % cleared.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Shou wrote:COMING SOON?
!!!!!!!!!
EXMaster

Post by EXMaster »

I posted stuff about Battle Crust here in the past, which I enjoyed enough to put the dev closely on my radar from that point forward. Infinos G is on point. It hits all the bullet points and is a fine tribute to the traditional STG style along with Super Hydorah.

Plus, I'll never turn my nose up at new music from Hyakutaro Tsukumo
Shou wrote:
Shepardus wrote:It doesn't come on a $2000 PCB, of course there's not going to be any love for it here.
:idea:
COMING SOON?
Hmmm.....Well, I've been following exaarcadia on twiiter and I couldn't help but notice among the handful of people they follow:

PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

Just played it for a bit, seems nice enough. Good feel, nice chunky pixel art. Music is messed up for some reason (I'm playing it in Wine) and no option to turn it off?

Going to dig into this one some more later.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I like the cool Taito-ish nod/throwback that is Infinios Gaiden -- it feels that if it was released as a bonafide arcade pcb deal back in the early-to-mid 1990s era rather than in early 2018. The only thing missing is a scanline option (an SLG device thrown in will easily add it for completeness if played on a widescreen LCD monitor setup). The opening intro certainly pays tribute to the arcade pcbs of that era -- namely the Taito F3 arcade platform.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

From what I've seen of the previous games, Infinos Gaiden is to Infinos 1 and 2 what Darius Gaiden was to Darius 1 and 2, which I guess is the big joke.
It's so early 90's, it doesn't even have a scoring system!
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
KAI

Post by KAI »

Durandal

Post by Durandal »

Just cleared it on Hard with a score of 508220, I think I still missed some opportunities here and there after deciding to play it safe for ST6 since you can destroy the turrets on top of the battleships with proper timing, but it's incredibly tricky.

Overall I very much like it, the visual detail is of very high level and each stage feels suitably dramatic, the soundtrack by Hyakutaro Tsukumo kicks ass, the stages manage to make good use of the simple pods, and it never feels like it gets old at any point. Scoring mostly consist of just destroying stuff, though some targets are quite hard to get. Unfortunately there's no remaining lives bonus at the end of a run, even though previous Infinos game did have one. I like how the contact damage of your pods on enemies can be used to kill larger enemies and bosses really fast. Jam it right in there and they won't even know what hit them. It's especially useful for hitting enemies right above and beneath you, or pointblank them, since you can just ram your pods into them to kill them dead, provided they don't shoot at you first. Especially powerful with the spreadshot, you can use it to kill the ST4 boss before it even performs its ring attack.

You can kill some of the larger so fast that you end up with too much dead time, since the game doesn't spawn a whole lot of bonus enemy waves on speedkills. It spawns some, just not enough, so you end up with some 5-second long stretches of nothing here and there which don't need to be there at all. I don't feel like the changes in Hard Mode are that noticeable. Bullet speed becomes slightly higher and some new attacks are added or existing ones are adjusted, but on the whole you won't notice the difference, which is rather disappointing. Some bosses could use some better telegraphing, like how you're just supposed to guess the ST2 boss is going to ram you when he shields his face or how the ST3 boss rushes into you after he comes back on stage with no prior warning after firing those artillery shells. Some of the enemies which come in from behind could have used some telegraphing too.

But overall it's great, hopefully Infinos EXA can smooth a lot of these things out.
Xyga wrote:
chum wrote:the thing is that we actually go way back and have known each other on multiple websites, first clashing in a Naruto forum.
Liar. I've known you only from latexmachomen.com and pantysniffers.org forums.
parallaxscroll2

Post by parallaxscroll2 »

I have to say, I really like Infinos Gaiden a lot. This is definitely my style of shmup.

The 3rd stage (desert - sandstorm) seems inspired by Thunder Force 4's Daser stage.

https://youtu.be/8Yy9oRmVTxQ?t=8m14s

https://youtu.be/VhImN86aPRg?t=1m19s
Elaphe

Post by Elaphe »

This game is brutally good! It has it all and I can say it's the best I've tried since Battle Traverse. I'm really impressed how much talent and work have been put in it. The only things I'm missing is 16:9 format and the possibility of adding scanlines (maybe with a shakder?)
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

It‘s shocking how little this game is talked about. It‘s really, really good. Infinos Gaiden perfectly channels the spirit of late 80s / early 90 horzies and ticks all the boxes, be it visuals, sound or gameplay.

If you are even remotely interested in the likes of Gate of Thunder or Aero Blasters, go play it now!
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

It's a pretty good game. Just wait a bit until the exa version is released, it'll get more popular if its released on a more expensive and/or rare collectard version.
M.Knight

Post by M.Knight »

It's on my wishlist and I am simply waiting for a sale, but yeah, it looks pretty good from what I've seen. It is as if it could have been released on the Taito F3 system.
In any case, the music is excellent! Stage 2 as well as the Final stage + Final boss themes are my favorites.
RegalSin wrote: I think I have downloaded so much I am bored with downloading. No really I bored with downloading stuff I might consider moving to Canada or the pacific.
Remote Weapon GunFencer - My shmup project
Darkseed_5150

Post by Darkseed_5150 »

Amazing game. Top 10 for the year material IMO.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Holy crap, how did I not know about this game?!?!?!?! This is right up my alley, looking like a 90's arcade game, almost like Thunder Cross, or the Thunder Force series. I'm going to have to snag this one, and if the rest of the music in the game is as good as what's in the intro video on Steam, I'll probably have to spring for the soundtrack as well. This is the kind of throwback game that I want to see more of!
JohnR1900

Post by JohnR1900 »

Bump. I love this game, especially the backgrounds.
banjoted

Post by banjoted »

Was not a game I was aware of, but am definitely gonna give it a try! I do love stumbling across existing shmups that I've never heard of.
JohnR1900

Post by JohnR1900 »

banjoted wrote:Was not a game I was aware of, but am definitely gonna give it a try! I do love stumbling across existing shmups that I've never heard of.
Here's some gameplay, starting just before the start of Stage 3: https://youtu.be/KNdjzL4m3ZM?t=510
banjoted

Post by banjoted »

I've been playing - is really good stuff!
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

I'm currently playing this one. It kicks my ass, I think it's more difficult than Satazius.

Enviado de meu 2201116SG usando o Tapatalk