G Rev - Pick What They Do Next

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!

What Should G Rev Make Next?

New Horizontal Shooter (likely requires successful Crowd Funding Campaign)
41%
New Sidescrolling Action Game (likely requires successful Crowd Funding Campaign)
5%
New Bullet Hell Vertical Shooter (likely requires successful Crowd Funding Campaign)
23%
Sequel to an Existing Dormant Japanese IP like Magical Drop, Windjammers, etc (Reply with a comment specifying which)
6%
Port of Strania that you can buy on a PCB format
2%
Port of Under Defeat HD that you can buy on a PCB format
1%
Border Down HD (Higher resolution version of their classic on a PCB format)
22%

Total votes: 212

ReSe2k

Re: G Rev - Pick What They Do Next

Post by ReSe2k »

I voted for a Border Down HD release on current consoles. But i would really love to see Under Defeat sequel and put some money down for it.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

I'd go for whatever G.Rev puts up next, however, yeah, Border Down has yet to be ported to anything but DC. So yeah, an HD version on current gen would be nice, despite its difficulty scale. Same with Under Defeat (HD), though it hasn't hit PC/Steam, besides consoles with its HD version.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

I've been thinking of an answer this whole time and find it hard to come up with one. Essentially, I want whatever makes G.Rev the most money so they can continue making great games. While my heart of hearts would love a professionally-done horizontal I think they have to sniff out the money. Senko no Rondo 3?
KAI

Post by KAI »

You mean Ikaruga 3? senko 2 is practically dead right now :cry:
qmish

Post by qmish »

KAI wrote:senko 2 is practically dead right now :cry:
Dunno about PS4 userbase, but i'm shocked at steamspy data claiming it sold only about 1200 copies there, which is less than even Acceleration of Suguri 2 preorders :? Strania is on low numbers too according to that.

Well i bought both and even bought more to gift friends, but are we really niche there. Hope G.Rev will have more succes there in the future.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by Shou »

G. Rev officially announced as an exA-Arcadia partner today.

We will continue to work with the community to develop new titles....just wait...more to come
become history
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Wonderful news.
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.
z0mbie90

Post by z0mbie90 »

Man 2018 seem to become a good year for STGs. I just hope we can get some PC/console ports of all the new stuff in the future.
KAI

Post by KAI »

NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Not officially, but planned, as Google Translated says it to be, but if it is, well then, I doubt it be any different than on X360/X1 and PC/Steam, and even on the Nesica Arcade version.

Man, it seems Strania's being port overdosed (no pun intended, lol).
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Shou

Post by Shou »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
Not officially, but planned, as Google Translated says it to be, but if it is, well then, I doubt it be any different than on X360/X1 and PC/Steam, and even on the Nesica Arcade version.

Man, it seems Strania's being port overdosed (no pun intended, lol).
EXA does not accept ports as is. In this case, expect changes if confirmed.
become history
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

:D

I'm happy to see something come out of this. Strania is awesome.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Shou wrote:EXA does not accept ports as is. In this case, expect changes if confirmed.
8)
Arcade specific games.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Shou wrote:The arcade release is for all people and regions. Japanese distribution will be handled separate from us.
For overseas, we have different partners but are going to do online sales.

Each release will have a limited edition run with extra goodies just for the collectors.
As GP said, congratulations on getting something like this poised.

Glad to hear of the distribution plans, sounds spot on for a collector's market target. I'll start dusting off some shelf space.

I think I'll run all my purchases thru GP's credit card though, just for old times sake.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
GSK

Post by GSK »

monouchi wrote:
Shou wrote:EXA does not accept ports as is. In this case, expect changes if confirmed.
8)
Arcade specific games.
Or more likely, ports with obligatory value-adds that may or may not be interesting, at least in the short term.

They've already locked down a few doujin/indie developers by demonstrating support for STG Builder, Unity, Game Maker, etc but I'd be shocked if anything genuinely original--that is, built from scratch with EXA as the primary platform--drops this year. That's not a condemnation of the platform, these things just takes time.
Shou

Post by Shou »

GSK wrote:
monouchi wrote:
8)
Arcade specific games.
Or more likely, ports with obligatory value-adds that may or may not be interesting, at least in the short term.

They've already locked down a few doujin/indie developers by demonstrating support for STG Builder, Unity, Game Maker, etc but I'd be shocked if anything genuinely original--that is, built from scratch with EXA as the primary platform--drops this year. That's not a condemnation of the platform, these things just takes time.
Just wait :idea:
become history
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Strania is the least exciting choice IMO. It is readily available on consoles and PC and doesn't appeal to me as much as G. rev's other titles. That being said though, it might be the smallest-risk project so if that's the case then best of luck.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
shootemup55

Post by shootemup55 »

I would like to see Border Down get an HD port on PlayStation 4 and if possible add a 2 player coop mode! Under Defeat I would buy again if it was ported to PlayStation 4 and this time the slowdown was eliminated and ran smooth like the original Dreamcast version! I would like to see Strania get a PS4 port because it looks like a solid game and last generation it never was released on PlayStation 3 and I think PlayStation 4 owners would love to get there hands on the game! As for doing an entirely new game I think Border Down 2 could be a really awesome title but it would need to be full 16 by 9 and if possible have up to 4 players because this could really make the game play awesome and appeal to a larger audience! Under Defeat 2 could also be a really solid followup and I would welcome it! If you are thinking of doing an entirely new IP like a run n gun than I would say design a game with intense action and some really creative bosses with a really nice graphical presentation!
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

I voted for the port of Border Down, specifically for Steam/PC. My second choice would be a new hori.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Voted. Something great is going to come out of this. Good luck and thanks for all the effort, Shou!
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
Shou

Post by Shou »

All of the opinions in this thread have made a difference - more news to come.
become history
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Animaitor wrote:Voted. Something great is going to come out of this. Good luck and thanks for all the effort, Shou!
Pretty much this. The prospect of getting to play a new game by G Rev., regardless of when, amazing:D

EDIT - I posted this a few months back, the timing of all this certainly makes sense now. Still it could just be coincidence.

If you haven't read it yet you should. Towards the bottom Maruyama says: “Personally, I don't like to make sequels, so for our next game, I would like to do something completely new. That said, after doing Senko no Ronde 2, I really want to make Senko no Ronde 3.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... 8cdd233619
You're sure to be in a fine haze about now, but don't think too hard about all of this. Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good. You know, it's just what hunters do! You'll get used to it.