Finding it hard to find a easy shmup for practice

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Blinge

Re: Finding it hard to find a easy shmup for practice

Post by Blinge »

ArrogantBastard wrote:Play whatever you fucking like. You will eventually 1CC a game that you like the most, if you put in enough effort into it.

Finding an easy game to 1CC is a bad method. Don't do it.
Yeah, wise.
This is how I started shmups with Progear & got my first clear anyhow.

My friend would say "oh try DDP/Espgaluda etc"
and I'd be like nah i like Progear.
1cc List - Youtube - You emptylock my heart
tizerist

Post by tizerist »

R Type Leo. Thats pretty darn easy.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

The easiest AC shmups I've played are Fire Barrel/Air Assault, Twin Cobra 2, Repulse.

Console shmups, whether they are ports or originals, tend to be significantly easier than AC.

We have difficulty list threads for both AC and Console, play some from the bottom of the lists, pick something you like, then work at it.
ArrogantBastard wrote:You will eventually 1CC a game that you like the most, if you put in enough effort into it.
This is also important. Don't play an easy game if you don't care for it. Always be enjoying yourself. If you like the look/feel/sound of a particularly difficult game, it's worth mastering.
LordHypnos

Post by LordHypnos »

Another easy one if you have the M2 version of Mushihimesama Futari is Novice Ultra. Pretty sure I cleared that one my second or third try, and most people get it on their first. It's kinda fun, too, though it doesn't feel as satisfying as clearing a non-easy game, of course.
YouTube | Restart Syndrome | 1cclist | Go Play Mars Matrix
Solunas wrote:How to Takumi your scoring system
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score
Mischief Maker

Post by Mischief Maker »

This is going to sound silly, but the most valuable shmup learning experience for me was learning to no-shot the first level of Cho Ren Sha 68K.

It gets you into a more zen headspace when trying to shoot the enemies down is no longer part of your survival strategy.

Kinda hard to pull off in the later levels.
Two working class dudes, one black one white, just baked a tray of ten cookies together.

An oligarch walks in and grabs nine cookies for himself.

Then he says to the white dude "Watch out for that black dude, he wants a piece of your cookie!"