Aka To Blue: Type S

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
DoomsDave

Re: Aka To Blue: Type S

Post by DoomsDave »

Watching this youtube clip(video is shit) and they're standing right outside a poster for Aka To Blue. Cool it seems to be getting some promo in arcades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9X1kNTxJxg

waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Well spotted :mrgreen:
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Despatche wrote:The Switch is a great platform for giving exceptional mobile games real controls, or giving older games on the 3DS or Vita a second life. Imagine a collection of the CAVE mobile games.
What if CAVE decided to port those shmups to Nintendo Switch. I would be surprised if Espgaluda II will be ported.

Still, I imagine that in a similar way.
That would be so dope. Especially if they ported the Espgaluda II and Daifukkatsu HD versions as well as DDP Maximum.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

the switch is a good platform for giving mobile games shitty controls
or if you want a portable console you need to hook up to a fucking arcade stick, losing the entire portable thing in the process

asking for switch ports should be a crime
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

DoomsDave wrote:Watching this youtube clip(video is shit) and they're standing right outside a poster for Aka To Blue. Cool it seems to be getting some promo in arcades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9X1kNTxJxg
Keep in mind that arcade is Mikado, which has worked closely with EXA and Tanoshimasu with location tests for the game, a setup to play the smartphone version, and promotion for the soundtrack.

I also like how that clip starts talking about how Akihabara is the hub of game centers, so they decide to feature Mikado, on the other side of town.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Bananamatic wrote:the switch is a good platform for giving mobile games shitty controls
or if you want a portable console you need to hook up to a fucking arcade stick, losing the entire portable thing in the process

asking for switch ports should be a crime
Pro controller and 8bitdo controllers use Bluetooth.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

with an external controller you still need to put the switch somewhere
might as well open a laptop and play something on steam

not to mention cave trying to port slowdown to yet another platform isn't going to go well at all
FRO

Post by FRO »

This looks good, but Holy Oversized Medals, Batman! That's slightly distracting, though perhaps that's partially the point. But I'm down for this, and would probably go for a Switch version, if it wasn't overpriced.
Special World

Post by Special World »

The medals don't look significantly different from SDOJ's to me. But yeah, they are kinda ridiculous. I think it looks a little bit junky by Cave standards but I'm happy to hear it's getting a Switch port.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

So, interestingly, on the stgweekly interview from stunfest it was said there currently are no plans to release this game on switch (or other consoles).
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

So the ports were all a lie? RIP.
szycag

Post by szycag »

Wait what? Was looking forward to this.
That is Galactic Dancing
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

I don't think any ports were officially announced to begin with? Anyway they said currently no plans, that might change in the future. The question was asked at around 39m25sec into the stunfest interview https://www.twitch.tv/videos/263066686
GSK

Post by GSK »

Type-R (that is, the specific tate arrange being produced for EXA) will never come to consoles because EXA wants to be able to market their games as arcade-exclusive, and this'll be true of everything announced for EXA for the foreseeable future.

Type-S (the proposed 4:3 arrange for Switch) is not currently in production, primarily because the developer is two dudes and they can only work on one thing at a time.
sharak

Post by sharak »

Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Despatche wrote:The Switch is a great platform for giving exceptional mobile games real controls, or giving older games on the 3DS or Vita a second life. Imagine a collection of the CAVE mobile games.
What if CAVE decided to port those shmups to Nintendo Switch. I would be surprised if Espgaluda II will be ported.
Surprised now?
sharak

Post by sharak »

Bananamatic wrote: might as well open a laptop and play something on steam
I am so weary of this tiresome attitude all over the community and is one of the reasons I really dislike Steam etc.

The more ports the better, Switch or not. If you enjoy getting your laptop out to play shmups then good for you, but don't think you speak for everyone.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Bananamatic wrote:with an external controller you still need to put the switch somewhere
might as well open a laptop and play something on steam

not to mention cave trying to port slowdown to yet another platform isn't going to go well at all
Mushi port seems more than fine.
XBL & Switch: mjparker77 / PSN: BellyFullOfHell
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Bananamatic wrote:with an external controller you still need to put the switch somewhere
Wait hold on. I'll actually have to put the console somewhere!? Fuck that. Total deal breaker.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

⚠️PEOPLE ARE UNIRONICALLY RESPONDING TO BANANAMATIC POSTS FROM 2018 IN THIS THREAD⚠️
sharak wrote:
I am so weary of this tiresome attitude all over the community and is one of the reasons I really dislike Steam etc.

The more ports the better, Switch or not. If you enjoy getting your laptop out to play shmups then good for you, but don't think you speak for everyone.
Switch port begging isn't tiresome at all, nope, not one bit, sure is great every game getting released having "no physical no buy no switch no buy"-people attached to them. Developers sure love gamer entitlement like this, it's super useful constructive criticism that they can do a lot with.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

⚠️PEOPLE ARE UNIRONICALLY RESPONDING TO BANANAMATIC POSTS FROM 2018 IN THIS THREAD⚠️
When we should be unironically responding to Recap posts from 2005
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Elixir wrote:Switch port begging isn't tiresome at all, nope, not one bit, sure is great every game getting released having "no physical no buy no switch no buy"-people attached to them. Developers sure love gamer entitlement like this, it's super useful constructive criticism that they can do a lot with.
Fucking nailed it.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
sharak

Post by sharak »

Elixir wrote:⚠️PEOPLE ARE UNIRONICALLY RESPONDING TO BANANAMATIC POSTS FROM 2018 IN THIS THREAD⚠️
sharak wrote:

Switch port begging isn't tiresome at all, nope, not one bit, sure is great every game getting released having "no physical no buy no switch no buy"-people attached to them. Developers sure love gamer entitlement like this, it's super useful constructive criticism that they can do a lot with.
People can beg for whatever they want, it's just as tiresome to read daily requests for "steam plz", but there we are. I agree that "no X no buy, no physical no buy" is somewhat entitled, but it's also the market speaking, whatever little market there is.

I'm just happy to see all these brilliant games being released in a variety of different ways. If people can play on their platform of choice, great! Steam isn't for me, but if an absolute must have game (for me) came to Steam, then I would have a decision to make, quite simple really.

I'm actually in favour of exA-arcadia exclusives etc. Even as someone with a MiSTer (and therefore, ROMs), if there are games being made/available today that are profitable today, and even better, are playable in arcades... today, then good stuff!

Entitlement has reached new highs. I still feel thankful, as I did in the 90s, that I could play "home ports". What we have in shmups is far, far closer than what I had in the mid 90s.