Noiz2sa / rRootage joystick problem!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
gmw

Noiz2sa / rRootage joystick problem!

Post by gmw »

Can anyone help with this issue?

I've been messing about with some Kenta Cho games (on Mac OSX) like rRootage, Noiz2sa, Torus Trooper, etc and have a problem. I can't get any joysticks or pads to register movement in the game through my PS2-USB adapter. Fire/bomb buttons work, but I can't move at all!

Is there a way I can get my pads/sticks working on these games? Any help would be majorly appreciated!
kong

Post by kong »

Have you checked to see if your joystick is working with other games? I had the same thing happen to me after I installed the latest Direct X and XP updates. It turned out my ps2 to usb connector no longer worked with windows.

If you are running xp go to control panel--->printers and other hardware. Then go the gamepad area and select properties. It will let you test your gamepad. What happened with mine was no matter what button or direction I pushed on my pad button 1 would be set off and stay on. It actually ended up killing my gamepad.

In the end I had to buy a xbox to pc adapter since there is a freeware driver that is always being worked on. I'm not crazy about the xbox controller but I don't have to rely on Microsofts craptastic drivers.
gmw

Post by gmw »

Thanks for the info, but I'm on a Mac, using 10.3.

The USB adapter works perfectly with all pads/sticks in Mame and other programs. Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Can any Mac people help?
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

I've had some problems with the ABA games too, but they resolved themselves pretty quickly. I'm using one of the USB Saturn pads. At first, pressing up will keep the ship moving up, and I have to quickly press all the directions to get everything back to normal. It's only a problem at start-up, and it doesn't really sound like the same problem you're having, so I'm probably no help.
gmw

Post by gmw »

Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get this working no matter what.

All the ABA games will allow me to use my joystick buttons, but I can't get any movement.

Checked everything again in Mame to make sure there's no problem with the adaptor or stick and everything works perfectly there.

I'm desparate to be able to use pads/sticks with my Kenta Cho games - anbody with Mac experience, please help!