Pink Sweets Suicide Club (alternate version)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
the1truepickaxe

Re: Pink Sweets Suicide Club (alternate version)

Post by the1truepickaxe »

If anyone comes across this, get the rom dump and upload it. I don't care if they have to pry the PCB out of your cold, dead hands.
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Please make video's of the game (being played ) !!! :shock:
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

So this is a pcb and not some EXA port being tested?
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Guess we won't know until Stunfest. Not a single question was answered in this thread, not even a 'sorry cant talk yet' indication.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Sorry, can't talk yet.

It's a PCB.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

lol, thanks. ^^

(well yeah it could have been a 15khz mame with a romhack after all :p)
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Plasmo wrote:Sorry, can't talk yet.

It's a PCB.
why don't you drop a third one on japs and spill the beans on everything instead of going all "I'm not allowed to talk" (and then asking everyone else for replays)
prove that germans can destroy something other than europe
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it certainly sounds like OT to me.

Go back to your hiding cave and chill out. I definitely wasn't missing your constant shitposts.
I like chocolate milk

spmbx

Post by spmbx »

In a way a PCB format is pretty disappointing; i'm assuming it'll be made of unobtainium like everything else cave.
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

spmbx wrote:In a way a PCB format is pretty disappointing; i'm assuming it'll be made of unobtainium like everything else cave.
Nothing wrong with that right?
Company is dead, expect nothing else from them.

Be happy this surprise surfaced at all.

Looking forward for all the video material of the plays.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

you very well know what I mean
the secret pink sweets strats you aren't allowed to share because you saw them in the sacred nihon arcade and then you go all "but they're publicly available, just spend 3 of your paychecks on a trip to japan to see it yourself"

I have more respect for actual replay hiding than this insane irl paywall bullshit where you have to live in a first world country to afford an expensive vacation in order to see replays (and then be fortunate enough to catch them playing live)
and then you go and expect others to post their replays so you can archive it
start by archiving your own shit
spmbx wrote:In a way a PCB format is pretty disappointing; i'm assuming it'll be made of unobtainium like everything else cave.
yes, worship anything with a cave logo on it and the more unobtainable and more expensive, the better
it's called suicide club because this is the shit the genre dies on
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

waiwainl wrote:
Nothing wrong with that right?
Company is dead, expect nothing else from them.

Be happy this surprise surfaced at all.

Looking forward for all the video material of the plays.
I meant that if it were EXA there would be the prospect of "remix" cave titles, plus the opportunity to actually play them. Contrary to this. So the confirmation that it's not exa but pcb is disappointing for that reason. The fact the company is dead doesn't mean someone can't port over their ip.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

spmbx wrote:So this is a pcb and not some EXA port being tested?
I thought it was pretty clear that it's a fanmade romhack. How they did it has yet to be seen, but I've seen no evidence that this is anything official. Also, it wouldn't be an EXA release without CAVE's approval, and CAVE would have to be insane to spend the resources bringing one of their least popular games to the EXA as their first choice. Then again, they were insane enough to get that statue of Ikeda...
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Bananamatic wrote:you very well know what I mean
the secret pink sweets strats you aren't allowed to share because you saw them in the sacred nihon arcade and then you go all "but they're publicly available, just spend 3 of your paychecks on a trip to japan to see it yourself"

I have more respect for actual replay hiding than this insane irl paywall bullshit where you have to live in a first world country to afford an expensive vacation in order to see replays (and then be fortunate enough to catch them playing live)
and then you go and expect others to post their replays so you can archive it
start by archiving your own shit
It's difficult to follow your string of thoughts and tbh I still don't get what exactly you're after. There are a lot of wrong presumptions to begin with and I won't even bother to react to them. However, as I was already expecting, this has nothing to do with Suicide Club and does not belong here. You sure sound awfully salty tho.

Just one thing to clarify on this totally different topic: I believe that everybody is allowed to do with his replays whatever he wants to. It's his very own gameplay. Personally, I like to share strategies though and encourage others to do the same. The more public knowledge the community has, the faster we can push our scores forward. Therefore, I find it unfortunate when people hide their replays, but I obviously respect their decision.
I like chocolate milk

NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Plasmo wrote:Just one thing to clarify on this totally different topic: I believe that everybody is allowed to do with his replays whatever he wants to. It's his very own gameplay. Personally, I like to share strategies though and encourage others to do the same. The more public knowledge the community has, the faster we can push our scores forward. Therefore, I find it unfortunate when people hide their replays, but I obviously respect their decision.
Does this mean you're willing to share your Donpachi C type WR replay? I'm sure a lot of people here would love to see it.
zak

Post by zak »

Some posters are beyond passive aggressive on here - It makes me wonder how abusive some of you are in person :?

I can only put it down to multiple failed 1cc sessions :P
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Xyga wrote: (well yeah it could have been a 15khz mame with a romhack after all :p)
Look out for the direction of those scanlines!
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

?
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

zak wrote:Some posters are beyond passive aggressive on here - It makes me wonder how abusive some of you are in person :?

I can only put it down to multiple failed pcb purchase sessions :P
fixxed
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Bananamatic wrote: ... than this insane irl paywall bullshit where you have to live in a first world country to afford an expensive vacation in order to see replays (and then be fortunate enough to catch them playing live)
Is this not just a fan/enthusiastic who is willing to spend effort and time on his hobby?
(and possibly you are jealous?)
Bananamatic wrote: and then you go and expect others to post their replays so you can archive it start by archiving your own shit
I believe that is one part how humans learn and advance. Not everybody can be or has time to be the best..
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Plasmo wrote:Personally, I like to share strategies though and encourage others to do the same.
NTSC-J wrote:Does this mean you're willing to share your Donpachi C type WR replay? I'm sure a lot of people here would love to see it.
Ditto.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Aside from the above, I'd like to remind everyone that most of these games simply aren't made for countries that aren't Japan, not just legally but also culturally. We are not their target audience. That we are able to appreciate any of these games to any degree and even occasionally get marketed to is a stroke of good fortune, not the status quo. If you want to change that, petty infighting is a surefire way to set you back an undefined amount of time.

But yes, I would like to see the Donpachi type C run, I think everyone here would. You can show it or not, I don't think not showing it makes you a hypocrite here, not exactly.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Xyga wrote:?
I was trying to refer to that stupid Billy Mitchell MAME "controversy" that's been going on.
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

Oh damn I've heard of it but didn't follow lol. ^^
ave

Post by ave »

4 pages and no fucking information. Did nobody go to Stunfest? Did nobody play it? Was it even there? So far with the information given, it might as well just be a photoshop hoax.
THE ETERNAL
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Stunfest is in May.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
mycophobia

Post by mycophobia »

lol
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

ave wrote:4 pages and no fucking information. Did nobody go to Stunfest? Did nobody play it? Was it even there? So far with the information given, it might as well just be a photoshop hoax.
Did you read my very first post? It has all the information on gameplay changes that you need to know. I have played it some dozen credits. However, the game has evolved further since last time I have played it. I will keep you updated with the newer changes when Stunfest has actually happened, i.e. mid-May.
I like chocolate milk

Catzoo

Post by Catzoo »

zak

Post by zak »

Catzoo wrote:It's there.

Now what :lol:
Now how do we buy a copy? :P