Acrobat Mission Rapid Fire

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
erzane

Acrobat Mission Rapid Fire

Post by erzane »

Is it possible to do this:
A = shot (powered by a rapid fire)
B = bomb
C = same shot than A but normal (not powered by the rapid fire)

The issue is that:
The A shot, if powered by a rapid fire not alow the beam. That's why I need a 2nd A to use as usual when necessary.

Thanks!!
Perikles

Re: Acrobat Mission Rapid Fire

Post by Perikles »

Yes, indeed - you need to assign a custom button with the same utility as the shot button. Then you can enable autofire for that custom button or the regular button (whilst the other operates normally, of course) and have both functionalities at the same time. Just open the menu, go to "Custom Buttons", hit "1" on the first one and then bind it to one key/button as you would with your other buttons.
erzane

Post by erzane »

I don't play on mame, don't have any custom button menu though.
I have a pot to handle autofire, it should work, but when I set to OFF my shot is going off to:
Last edited by erzane on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STG

Post by STG »

You should look into the Reco erzane, RGB sells them here on this very forum. It allows custom remapping as well as allowing more than one button (so you can change your C button into another A button), and then you can add custom rapid fire to each button. So having a separate A (non auto) and an A+ (auto) is no problem for this device.

And nice cab. :)
erzane

Post by erzane »

It's a Pony18, thanks 8)
nem

Post by nem »

You can easily wire two buttons to one input :? A Reco for this purpose is way overkill.
erzane

Post by erzane »

nem wrote:You can easily wire two buttons to one input :? A Reco for this purpose is way overkill.
is it possible without reco?
nem

Post by nem »

Yes of course. Just wire the two buttons in parallel.
erzane

Post by erzane »

nem wrote:Yes of course. Just wire the two buttons in parallel.
Do you have a quick schema to this pls? Never did this kind of thing before
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Here you go. This is the setup you'll have before for P1 side:

The joystick and each button will all have one wire each to them to the common/GND (ground) wire supplying power. I've made that wire black in this image, but the wire colours could be anything. The wire will be obvious because it will be joined together to one side on each button, usually with a short hop wire from button to button. First look at your buttons to figure out which wire is the "common" wire that is linked to Button 1, Button 2, and Start (ignore the joystick wires, on my cab the Common/GND wire for it is not joined visibly near the buttons). Once you have identified the Common/GND wire, you know the other side of each button is the Button 1 wire, Button 2 wire and the P1 Start wire.

This is what you need to do if you are adding a third button for autofire:

Connect one side of the button to the Common/GND wires that join the rest of the button (you don't need to solder if you're okay with joining the splice and protecting it with a connector or at least electrical tape). Now, splice into the Button 1 wire, and connect to your rapid fire circuit input, and then from the rapid fire circuit output to Button 1. Not sure how your rapid fire is normally wired up,I'm not familiar with the hardware in your picture but it shouldn't be too tricky to figure out I imagine...?

With this kind of setup, when you hold down the shot button and the rapid fire button at the same time, the shot button is the one that will be active.

someone please correct me if I've made any horrible mistake here
erzane

Post by erzane »

Thanks!!
I see now. I'll try it (when my new issue will be fixed ahahah)
Pls see this:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61483&p=1292198#p1292198