shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:47 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Zero Gunner 2, Sengoku, Gunbird & Strikers on Switch!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:39 am 

yyr wrote:
Can anyone who owns it actually confirm whether the difficulty setting in ZG2- actually does anything at all?

A theory that the game is hardcoded to run at a low difficulty was already posted on page 5, but nobody confirmed or denied it.

Still really curious about the answer to this question.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:56 pm 

hamfighterx wrote:
The only way Sol Divide deserves your money is the PS2 port... and that's because Dragon Blaze is on the same disc ;)

Though, for some bizarre reason, I'm going to TRIPLE DIP on the damn game with the Switch release anyway, to go with my cheap XS Games US PS1 release that I picked up for like $2 in a bargain bin, and the aforementioned PS2 Psikyo compilation. This has gotta be the worst game I've purchased that many times! To think it was one of the first games I contemplated importing for my Saturn back in the 90s...

Anyway, I'll continue supporting all the Psikyo stuff in support of the series, and in hopes of getting more unannounced stuff like Dragon Blaze, Zero Gunner 1, or maybe some insanity with Space Bomber.

I'd definitely pay for Dragon Blaze. I still contend that Sol Divide is Psykio's worst shmup. Hot garbage. If they brought Dragon Blaze to the Switch, I'd be all over that, however!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:26 pm 

FRO wrote:
hamfighterx wrote:
The only way Sol Divide deserves your money is the PS2 port... and that's because Dragon Blaze is on the same disc ;)

Though, for some bizarre reason, I'm going to TRIPLE DIP on the damn game with the Switch release anyway, to go with my cheap XS Games US PS1 release that I picked up for like $2 in a bargain bin, and the aforementioned PS2 Psikyo compilation. This has gotta be the worst game I've purchased that many times! To think it was one of the first games I contemplated importing for my Saturn back in the 90s...

Anyway, I'll continue supporting all the Psikyo stuff in support of the series, and in hopes of getting more unannounced stuff like Dragon Blaze, Zero Gunner 1, or maybe some insanity with Space Bomber.

I'd definitely pay for Dragon Blaze. I still contend that Sol Divide is Psykio's worst shmup. Hot garbage. If they brought Dragon Blaze to the Switch, I'd be all over that, however!

I've never even played it to begin with but I've always wanted to. I'd be super down for a Switch version too. So far, no ZG2 for me and probably no Sol Divide.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 pm 

I wish I could trade ZG2- for Sengoku Blaede.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm 

Sengoku Blade is coming March 29th.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:14 pm 

steveovig wrote:
Sengoku Blade is coming March 29th.

!!! Very nice.

EDIT: And from looking at the U.S. eShop Coming Soon page today, this will be localized in the U.S. under the "Tengai" name instead of "Sengoku Blade"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:40 pm 

Picked up Sol Divide as I will support all the Psikyo releases on Switch. Despite the hate for it on the forum. It was just as good as when I played on the Arcade and Saturn back in the day. Fun game and a nice change of pace compared to traditional shmups.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:40 am 

I bought it too, at $8 a pop I'm down with supporting all of these releases to help prove there is a viable market for these kinds of ports. However... not gonna sugarcoat that Sol Divide is one of Psikyo's worst. Now, next week with Sengoku Blade/Tengai... there's a GOOD horizontal scrolling Psikyo game.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:27 am 

I'm glad I bought Moon Patrol instead of Sol Divide this week. Definitely getting Blaede next week.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 am 

Dragon Blaze is coming April 5th.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 pm 

steveovig wrote:
Dragon Blaze is coming April 5th.

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This is fantastic news. Anyone remotely interested in Psikyo or late 90s-early 00s vertical shooters in general needs to check this out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:05 pm 

How does Tengai hold up against other Psikyo shooters? The eShop pictures don't really make it look that exciting, but maybe because there's not any bullets in any of them?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:07 pm 

^One thing that's nice about Tengai is that it's horizontal, so you don't need to worry about having a rotatable screen in order to enjoy it. From what little I played of it, it has a feel pretty similar to Gunbird or Sengoku Ace (depending on which character you use). Pretty solidly early Psikyo style. Not bad at all.
1) Create Scoring System
2) Make it a multiplier for your actual score

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:20 pm 

We still need

Cannon Spike / Gunspike
Gunbird 2
Pilot Kids
Space Bomber
Strikers 1945 Plus
Strikers 1999
Zero Gunner

Not sure if ZeroDiv will be able to release Cannon Spike unless they work something out with Capcom.

Strikers 1999 , Gunbird 2, and Space Bomber seem the most likely.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:38 pm 

I've been pining for a Zero Gunner console port ever since I got into the original, which by some sort of insanity was in my college arcade back in the mid/late 90s. I gotta keep believing, since this seems like the best chance the game will ever get!

I would agree that Strikers III/1999, Gunbird 2 (original arcade version, not including the Capcom characters specific to the Dreamcast version), and Space Bomber seem most likely just given that they are the three unreleased shooters from Psikyo's first gen and SH2 hardware. To break things down by original hardware (not listing all non-shmups):

Psiyko first gen board:
Gunbird (Switch version released)
Sengoku Ace/Samurai Aces (Switch version released)
Sengoku Blade/Tengai (Switch version released)
Strikers 1945 (Switch version released)

Psikyo SH2:
Dragon Blaze (Switch version released)
Gunbarich (Switch version released)
Gunbird 2
Sol Divide (Switch version released)
Space Bomber
Strikers 1945 II (Switch version released)
Strikers 1945 III/1999
Taisen Hot Gimmick (not a shooter, it's a strip mahjong game... apparently announced by ZeroDiv for Switch release in Japan, I'd assume this might not release in other regions)

Sega Model 2:
Pilot Kids
Zero Gunner

Sega Naomi:
Cannon Spike
Zero Gunner 2 (Switch version released)

Neo Geo:
Strikers 1945 Plus

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:46 pm 

ZeroDiv finally discovered that the L and R keys actually exist on the controller and patched in function mapping support... on one game. Of all the current Psikyo software available for download, they add this support to Sol Divide.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: ZeroDiv
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:53 pm 

I wonder if ZeroDiv can obtain the rights to Video System's properties, so we could also get Rabio Lepus, Turbo Force and Aero Fighters 1.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ZeroDiv
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 pm 

YoniArousement wrote:
I wonder if ZeroDiv can obtain the rights to Video System's properties, so we could also get Rabio Lepus, Turbo Force and Aero Fighters 1.

Hamster have already released ROMs of Sonic Wings 2 and 3 on their ACA Neo-Geo line and they originally published the PS2 Oretachi No Geesen version of Sonic Wings 1. I see no reason why they couldn't re-release the first game again. Hell, they also released Rabio Lepus on PS2.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: ZeroDiv
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:58 pm 

Kiken wrote:
YoniArousement wrote:

Hamster have already released ROMs of Sonic Wings 2 and 3 on their ACA Neo-Geo line and they originally published the PS2 Oretachi No Geesen version of Sonic Wings 1. I see no reason why they couldn't re-release the first game again. Hell, they also released Rabio Lepus on PS2.

It's likely they will be coming to Arcade Archives according to this. Hamster now has the rights to the full Video System catalog, including games not on NeoGeo hardware.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7