Zero Gunner 2, Sengoku, Gunbird & Strikers on Switch!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
wasilewski

Zero Gunner 2, Sengoku, Gunbird & Strikers on Switch!

Post by wasilewski »

More Psyiko shmups coming to Switch!

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/912143404619804672
CRP

Re: Zero Gunner 2, Sengoku, Gunbird & Strikers on Switch!

Post by CRP »

wow , thats great news.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Color me shocked. Finally a good chance for a digital copy of (hopefully) Sengoku Aces? And Zero Gunner 2? Awesome.
wasilewski

Post by wasilewski »

EmperorIng wrote:Color me shocked. Finally a good chance for a digital copy of (hopefully) Sengoku Aces? And Zero Gunner 2? Awesome.
I just hope that Zero Gunner 2 runs full screen rather than the small boxes that Strikers 1945 and Gunbariach run on.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

wasilewski wrote:
EmperorIng wrote:Color me shocked. Finally a good chance for a digital copy of (hopefully) Sengoku Aces? And Zero Gunner 2? Awesome.
I just hope that Zero Gunner 2 runs full screen rather than the small boxes that Strikers 1945 and Gunbariach run on.
Zero Gunner 2 uses a 4:3 aspect ratio. Strikers 1945 and Gunbarich both use a 3:4 aspect ratio. Playing ZG2 on Switch should be no different than playing any other 4:3 game on a 16:9 display.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

What does original titles mean in this conext? Stuff that has never been ported to consoles?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The wording is ambiguous, though I'm tempted to guess that Zerodiv intends to bring out some of its own in-house stuff in addition to the Psikyo ports. Guess we'll find out one way or another!
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

I had been in contact with them and had mentioned they were bringing more titles soon. Just hope they come out sooner rather then later.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Translation of the Announcement. Items in (parentheses) are my added comments.

We are pleased to present Nintendo Switch contents, Psikyo series.

Well, in fact, I am secretly preparing other titles,
I am wondering how to announce it.

Since it is a game show, everyone will announce various titles,
I thought that it would be better to announce something a little bit ...

Well, in a few days Psikyo collection,
I will issue "Zero Gunner 2".
then,
One from the "Sengoku Series".
Also, within the year, "Gun Bird Series" and more from the "STRIKERS 1945 Series"
Oh, I am also considering a new work.

Well ... I want to release that mahjong (Taisen Hot Gimmick)...

Okay, there are so many things
we are developing other than Psikyo. (My guess is other licenses I have been told personally they have them to other developers)

I want to put that out for the first time ...

Anyway very busy and need a little break.
Tokyo Game Show ... I got tired.

With that ... · · · We are sorry for everyone whose correspondence is delayed.
We will respond quickly! ! !

Thank you in the future.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

So that means either Strikers 1945 II or Strikers 1999 (aka Strikers 1945 III) is slated for release on the Switch. Sounds good. It seems that the ol' Switch platform is shaping up to a venerable console for shmups these days.

Will Cave Co. Ltd. follow suit and release some of their shmup IPs on the Switch platform as well?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:So that means either Strikers 1945 II or Strikers 1999 (aka Strikers 1945 III) is slated for release on the Switch. Sounds good. It seems that the ol' Switch platform is shaping up to a venerable console for shmups these days.

Will Cave Co. Ltd. follow suit and release some of their shmup IPs on the Switch platform as well?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
That may be up to M2 as Cave does not seem to be interested anymore.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Cool! I don't think I've played any of these before, anyways. These ports aren't JP exclusive, right?
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:These ports aren't JP exclusive, right?
Doesn't matter if they are since the Switch is region free, and I doubt these are going to be anything but digital releases. You can get stuff from the JP eShop by just making a Japanese account.

Zero Gunner 2 I've wanted to play so that's something I can look forwards to for when I can actually afford getting a Switch.
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

mamboFoxtrot wrote:Cool! I don't think I've played any of these before, anyways. These ports aren't JP exclusive, right?
Mostly everything has been released in both regions. The Previous two ZeroDiv / Psikyo releases Gunbarich and Strikers 1945 were released in the USA and Translated. The Naomi Cart version has english options so I imagine it will.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

I suppose the portable screen could be pretty cool for verts with the controllers detached, provided that they allowed for a "tate" option.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

professor ganson wrote:I suppose the portable screen could be pretty cool for verts with the controllers detached, provided that they allowed for a "tate" option.
They had TATE in Strikers 1 and Gunbarich
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Oh I just can't wait to read user reviews for Zero Gunner 2. You just know first time players are going to cry about the aiming not being dual analog.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
spmbx

Post by spmbx »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:So that means either Strikers 1945 II or Strikers 1999 (aka Strikers 1945 III) is slated for release on the Switch. Sounds good. It seems that the ol' Switch platform is shaping up to a venerable console for shmups these days.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
As long as they won't make the switch melt down for long sessions, actually are guaranteed to work when docked, will work with newer firmware updates, etc etc etc.
wasilewski

Post by wasilewski »

I'm going to guess a release date of this week for Zero Gunner 2 (I'm hoping anyway). Last time Psikyo announced Strikers it came out a few days later so, fingers crossed, this will be the same.
steveovig

Post by steveovig »

wasilewski wrote:I'm going to guess a release date of this week for Zero Gunner 2 (I'm hoping anyway). Last time Psikyo announced Strikers it came out a few days later so, fingers crossed, this will be the same.
That's what I'm assuming especially with the tweet mentioning it coming in a few days. Of course, this week is absolutely stacked for eShop releases so maybe next week at the latest, I imagine.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

KennyMan666 wrote:
Zero Gunner 2 I've wanted to play so that's something I can look forwards to for when I can actually afford getting a Switch.
But you can buy it on the Dc for the same price as a Switch :lol:
My lord, I have come for you.
hamfighterx

Post by hamfighterx »

Fantastic news. I'll be re-buying all of these since I have em all on other systems, but happy to do it. The first games are good ports and it's nice to have them on the Switch. For those wondering about TATE, here are a couple of my pics with the very nice (and cheap) HORI stand to better permit propping up the system - also posted this in the Strikers 1945 topic around release: https://m.imgur.com/a/vWlct

As for games, I'd guess that Srikers II, Sengoku Ace (and probably Blade too), and both Gunbird games are on the way. Arcade version of Gunbird 2 though, not the modified DC port published by Capcom - same deal as the PS2 compilation.

What I'd be REALLY interested in would be a first ever port of Zero Gunner 1 though! Seems reasonable that it could be doable with no major licensing hassles too - Psikyo self published the arcade release. And Dragon Blaze, because it's awesome.
wasilewski

Post by wasilewski »

hamfighterx wrote:Fantastic news. I'll be re-buying all of these since I have em all on other systems, but happy to do it. The first games are good ports and it's nice to have them on the Switch. For those wondering about TATE, here are a couple of my pics with the very nice (and cheap) HORI stand to better permit propping up the system - also posted this in the Strikers 1945 topic around release: https://m.imgur.com/a/vWlct

As for games, I'd guess that Srikers II, Sengoku Ace (and probably Blade too), and both Gunbird games are on the way. Arcade version of Gunbird 2 though, not the modified DC port published by Capcom - same deal as the PS2 compilation.

What I'd be REALLY interested in would be a first ever port of Zero Gunner 1 though! Seems reasonable that it could be doable with no major licensing hassles too - Psikyo self published the arcade release. And Dragon Blaze, because it's awesome.
Dragon Blaze would be amazing to see and there is a chance if these releases are anything to go by.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

Tokyo-J wrote:
mamboFoxtrot wrote:Cool! I don't think I've played any of these before, anyways. These ports aren't JP exclusive, right?
Mostly everything has been released in both regions. The Previous two ZeroDiv / Psikyo releases Gunbarich and Strikers 1945 were released in the USA and Translated. The Naomi Cart version has english options so I imagine it will.
KennyMan666 wrote:Doesn't matter if they are since the Switch is region free, and I doubt these are going to be anything but digital releases. You can get stuff from the JP eShop by just making a Japanese account.
Ah, cool. Good to know.
Stevens wrote:But you can buy it on the Dc for the same price as a Switch :lol:
but u can't play ur dreemcast on the go, maaan
inb4 someone actually made a portable Dreamcast
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Jeneki wrote:Oh I just can't wait to read user reviews for Zero Gunner 2. You just know first time players are going to cry about the aiming not being dual analog.
Haha. They were just going for realistic control scheme while you fight decidedly unrealistic bosses:)
My lord, I have come for you.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

hamfighterx wrote:Fantastic news. I'll be re-buying all of these since I have em all on other systems, but happy to do it. The first games are good ports and it's nice to have them on the Switch. For those wondering about TATE, here are a couple of my pics with the very nice (and cheap) HORI stand to better permit propping up the system - also posted this in the Strikers 1945 topic around release: https://m.imgur.com/a/vWlct

Zero Gunner 1? Nice. A Model 2 game remastered on the Nintendo Switch. And about the picture... is that... a remake of the PS1 version of Strikers 1945?
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Interesting, after all those PS2,XBOX360,and Steam Ports. Let Degica do it for CAVE.

Besides, I hope Gradius is next to be released for Nintendo Switch, after that Gradius PS4 release.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

No release yet on the Japanese E-Shop unless they are saving it for later.
wasilewski

Post by wasilewski »

Tokyo-J wrote:No release yet on the Japanese E-Shop unless they are saving it for later.

Maybe next Thursday.....fingers crossed. 8)
Special World

Post by Special World »

What are the best Psikyo releases? I know Zero Gunner 2 and Gunbird 2 are dope. And I've played and enjoyed Strikers 1945.
http://catstronaut.wordpress.com/
  • catstronaut loves games