What happened to Natsuki Chronicle?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
xxx1993

What happened to Natsuki Chronicle?

Post by xxx1993 »

Haven't heard any news from that lately. Is it still TBA? What if it's canceled?
DoomsDave

Re: What happened to Natsuki Chronicle?

Post by DoomsDave »

The last we saw/heard was that little teaser video they showed which honestly looked like a prototype more than an alpha so I wouldn't be getting my hopes up on this game releasing soon. I did love Eschatos though and Ginga Force is pretty fun so I'm still looking forward to it if it does come out.
ciox

Post by ciox »

Keep an eye on these twitter accounts I guess, so far there's been total silence all year

https://twitter.com/qute_game
https://twitter.com/natsuki_pr
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I want it to come out ASAP. And I need to know if it's a true sequel to Ginga Force or not.
Mero

Post by Mero »

That small gameplay clip was released in December 2016. Maybe the next one's this December :lol:

I think it's safe to assume that Shooting Love Trilogy is not happening at this point.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I was hoping this game could come out sometime this year.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I'm pretty sure the Xbone devs went into full panic mode when they realized there were almost 0 people coming over from 360. God knows if those games will ever appear. They may appear as PS4 or Steam titles, but Qute and Triangle Service are much smaller than Moss and are treading dangerous waters. This entire situation should never have happened and everything is dying for it.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

From April 2017 reports -

Xbox One Total Sales: 78,623

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/268539/ ... 17-update/

Who in their right mind would want to release exclusively to that market when you have Switch and PS4 killing it.
Mero

Post by Mero »

DoomsDave wrote:From April 2017 reports -

Who in their right mind would want to release exclusively to that market when you have Switch and PS4 killing it.
63 sold this week (Media Create).
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

I really even doubt it if N.C. will be a reality at this point, lol. Although yeah, Raiden V did hit snags and eventually got released on the X1 (with an upcoming updated version on PS4/Steam later on).
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Yeah, if the game does show itself again, I would fully expect to see possible PS4/PC versions added to the mix

although it is possible that MS has some kind of exclusivity deal with Qute on it so who knows

but yeah, I think the biggest thing with Raiden V and Natsuki Chronicle is that they both started development some time ago, back when, even as poorly as Xbox One was doing in Japan, there may have been some thought that the shmup crowd would stick with the Xbox brand, which obviously didn't really happen
Mero

Post by Mero »

They were all announced together sometime around Summer 2014 iirc, intended for release in 2015.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

DoomsDave wrote:From April 2017 reports -

It's not that simple. If 10 or 20,000 of those people bought these games, everything would be fine. That was the 360 status quo. This is something noone gets about the 360 years, even though they actively participated in them.

But I doubt even 5,000 bought Raiden V in Japan. That 78,623 number is probably the western game fanatics, with a microscopic percentage of that having bought Raiden V, which really seems like it had a much bigger budget than III or IV. Moss can get away with porting it somewhere, but I don't know if others could.

I can't seem to find Raiden V Japanese sales, help?
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

I doubt Raiden V sold well enough to appear on any charts. The series hasn't been popular in Japan in ages*, so if they planned to sell it in the west from the beginning, going with Xbox wasn't much of a handicap.

Spoiler
Raiden III (PS2): 2,842 first week
Raiden IV (360): 2,960 first week / 6,191 lifetime
Raiden Fighters Aces: 3,796 first week / 4,889 lifetime

Here's some Qute sales numbers while I'm at it:
Eschatos: 2,270 first week / 4,002 lifetime
Ginga Force: 3,002 lifetime
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Raiden V was fully bankrolled by MS, so MOSS wouldn't lose any money regardless of how it did. Given the delays in the other xbone titles, I assume that was the only fully bankrolled (maybe the others even had no cash-award?) title. We'll wait and see, but I can guarantee you if they do come out, it won't be exclusive in the long term (depending, even short term).
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

I figured MS would have just bought a devkit, but if they really just bankrolled the whole thing, then Moss is in pretty good standing. Again, I feel super bad for Qute and TS.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

The website was down recently for the last few days and I did wonder if that was a sign of the end. It's up again now.

I know these smaller Japanese devs are next to useless with updates but it's another nine months without even so much as a peep is so disappointing. I don't think anyone would care if it ends up being ported to every system under the sun it'd just be nice to see the game alive and releasing soon(ish) for the Xbox.

Come on Qute.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Qute has a bad habit of doing this.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Honestly surprised at no PS4 announcement there at this point lol

years of delay only to be released on a dead console in Japan

hopefully they have some overseas or port plans
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Delayed again. Damn. At least this isn't cancelled and the trailer looks good (nice Yousuke Yasui BGM, also). Really want this.
Hopefully NC hits by 2nd quarter.

I'd bet on a PC version maybe within a year after the X1.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

New trailer looks pretty good to me, really happy this is still alive.
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Man, it's at least looking like a game now instead of a "my first Unity project." A fun one at that. The Xbone can only drag Qute down - bring on that PC port!!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

As expected, it got delayed again. But I've only got once question: Does this game take place after the events of Ginga Force? Also, with delays like this, I feel like Natsuki Chronicle may very well be the shmup equivalent to Duke Nukem Forever. Or we have Thunder Force VI all over again.
mamboFoxtrot

Post by mamboFoxtrot »

yo, this guy might be on to something :lol:
shuvamg007 wrote:They want to delay it till XBox becomes extinct...
"Sorry, but since XBox is no more, here is Natsuki Chronicle on every other platform"...
Game itself is looking good, tho. I wonder how terrain collision will be handled.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Looks like the ultimate horizontal shooting game.

Waiting for MoJ to literally stop selling the Xbone probably won't work out. There's probably some silly contract that MoJ is trying to renegotiate right now.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Ultimate horizontal shooting game? Thought that title belonged to Einhander, Gradius V, Dariusburst: Chroncile Saviours, or Astebreed.
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

Well we're almost at the end of 2018 and another year has gone by with very little info passed from team Qute in that time.

Will the game finally be released in 2019? I'm looking forward to a definitive message from them in the next couple of weeks...
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

At this rate, they might as well just cancel it and put it on the PS4 or Nintendo Switch instead. I can't help but think this game might be the Duke Nukem Forever of shmups...
Astro City II

Post by Astro City II »

That's genuinely stupid. A super small dev who has zero experience porting to another system and probably has no access to those dev stations should cancel it and port elsewhere just because the PS4 and Switch are more popular on this forum :lol: