Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC/Switch

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
cave hermit

Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC

Post by cave hermit »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/66313 ... ruisinMix/

Release is imminent.

Translation won't be ready until next year though.
guigui

Post by guigui »

Hmm, I read that the JP version will get freely updated with english translation when available.
But does that work with the physical JP version (available on Playasia already) ?
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

It'll almost certainly just be updated via a standard patch, which should apply equally to both the digital and physical versions.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Bananamatic wrote:steam is NOT PC
Steam has PC Games.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Kiken wrote:According to the Famitsu link, this is going to be based off the Saturn port, and they're adding Claris/Clarice (from City Connection) to the selectable roster. Full title is now Game Tengoku Cruisin Mix. Looks like City Connection Co are the license holders... wonder if they snagged Suchie Pai.
No Suchi Pai there.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

GT: Crusin Mix now up on the JP PS Store, Steam store has yet to update the option to buy it.

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/pro ... 0000000000

Unironically, the second game is also available. (The PS1 version, of course.)

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/pro ... 0000000001
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Cata

Post by Cata »

Looks like it just went live.

Snagged a copy on steam
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Now we need a remake of the second game to be released. And have Yuki as a playable character for once.
05pro

Post by 05pro »

Correct me if I'm wrong as it's two decades since I briefly played the SS version... Classic Mode is the SS version of the game, it can be played in tate but there's no way to select the original pcb soundtrack. The yoko mode is quite squashed. Seems bad unless you tate.

Arcade mode+ is the same as the pcb but without the attract mode or character select screen which is done from the main menu. Yoko mode is not squashed but there is no tate mode?

No tate mode isn't an issue for me but might be for some. Having button 3 set to autofire is a godsend though. Seems 100% faithful to the pcb otherwise from what I've played of them both but I'm sure someone with more knowledge can chime in if required.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Anyone pick this up yet? Worth the $40 clams?
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
guigui

Post by guigui »

I would also like some returns, kind of tempted by the physical version and not sure it will we avaiable for long.
Bravo jolie Ln, tu as trouvé : l'armée de l'air c'est là où on peut te tenir par la main.
Neo_Antwon

Post by Neo_Antwon »

I have played a bit of the new port. Its pretty good, but lacks features. Much less input lag if any at all versus mame. Tate mode is only available if you go to the classic mode and select arcade mode, its no where to be found in Arcade Mode+. Saturn stages have not been ported over to Arcade Mode+ they are still locked to saturn story mode. There is a stage select in Mode+ but no way to adjust rank or shot power, no save states and no replays either. It really lacks any kind of decent way to practice which is my only complaint about the port. Minor graphical glitches here and there, nothing game breaking. Latest patch screws up the sound volume on certain sound effect, especially the cars in stage 4. They are extremely loud compared to anything else in the game. Definitely not M2 levels of polish and detail.
Arcade_At_Home

Post by Arcade_At_Home »

The english patch will be out also on ps4? am i wrong or u can only rotate the screen anticlockwise?
Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

Arcade_At_Home wrote:The english patch will be out also on ps4? am i wrong or u can only rotate the screen anticlockwise?
Time to update this thread too!
There will be no English patch for the PS4 version, as it's not released by Degica, but there will be an English release on PS4.
Steam will be patched updated to include English though.
Unfortunately, we don't have a release date set for this or the physical version.

We also just updated the Steam version and Homura Banto from Bases Loaded will be out tomorrow (depending on your timezone).
http://steamcommunity.com/games/663130/ ... 1422575762
FRO

Post by FRO »

Boy the teaser on the English website is just that - a teaser. Looking forward to this, and glad I have gone the Switch/PS4 route this gen, because I'm getting access to a plethora of shmups I otherwise wouldn't have had. Hopefully this releases physically soon :D
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

FRO wrote:Boy the teaser on the English website is just that - a teaser. Looking forward to this, and glad I have gone the Switch/PS4 route this gen, because I'm getting access to a plethora of shmups I otherwise wouldn't have had. Hopefully this releases physically soon :D
I imported it for less than 40 bucks. Japanese physical comes with the bonus DVD and non of the menus require any sort of English translation to understand.
FRO

Post by FRO »

ATTRACTS wrote:
FRO wrote:Boy the teaser on the English website is just that - a teaser. Looking forward to this, and glad I have gone the Switch/PS4 route this gen, because I'm getting access to a plethora of shmups I otherwise wouldn't have had. Hopefully this releases physically soon :D
I imported it for less than 40 bucks. Japanese physical comes with the bonus DVD and non of the menus require any sort of English translation to understand.
Interesting! I would still prefer an English region release, because that's always going to be my go-to, but if that doesn't happen, it's good to know there won't be much of a barrier to import. Thanks!
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Haven't played or really thought about this game since it was super-impressive to me as an early Saturn import.

After all this time, what's the consensus on this as an actual quality shmup? I only remember it as a 2D graphics showcase coming off the 16-bit generation.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

bigbadboaz wrote:Haven't played or really thought about this game since it was super-impressive to me as an early Saturn import.

After all this time, what's the consensus on this as an actual quality shmup? I only remember it as a 2D graphics showcase coming off the 16-bit generation.
The gameplay is comparable to that of Psikyo games, so if you like that then it's a quality shmup.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

Just popping in to let you all know we've released some more news about Game Tengoku's international release.
Official HP link & Steam below, depending on your preference.
http://gameparadise2017.com/en/info.html#info20180626
https://steamcommunity.com/games/663130 ... 1216566339
DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

Is Limited Run Games still doing a physical for the English version?
James_Degica

Post by James_Degica »

A physical release is still very much planned. As for who sells it where, I can't announce that yet (*hopes he hasn't already announced it months ago and forgotten... :lol: )
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

DoomsDave

Post by DoomsDave »

James_Degica wrote:A physical release is still very much planned.
Don't care who publishes it, that's all I need. Thanks.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

New revision ahoy...is that Truxton I see?
qmish

Post by qmish »

i got flagged as spam for noting how localization was scheduled in april, then in july, and now "tbd".

i mean, i dont blame Degica for having difficulty managing such a niche product (really, its like nearly nobody gives a damn about game... but half of those who care were waiting for localization i heard.. me personally bought at launch even though i m not sure what menu does what sometimes), so, wtf, siliconera?
shoryusatsu999

Post by shoryusatsu999 »

It'd blame the developers rather than the people at Siliconera. They're not the ones making the game, after all.
qmish

Post by qmish »

i doubt devs are guarding gaming news site comment sections like that

conspiracy theory :o
KaizaCorp

Post by KaizaCorp »

Coming out on PS4 on November 29th