shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:59 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:10 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 1209
Location: Canada
Just got a surprise email from limited run

The premium edition is still available if anyone wants it

Im looking forward thi watching the anime for some reason lol


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:47 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 230
Jeneki wrote:
GSK wrote:
a DVD of the old Gokuraku OVA

Since this is a DVD, it's worth asking if it will be region locked.


Region locks ... how quaint.

VLC ignores those and region-free blu ray / dvd players do, too.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:45 pm 



Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 45
Master O wrote:
Jeneki wrote:
GSK wrote:
a DVD of the old Gokuraku OVA

Since this is a DVD, it's worth asking if it will be region locked.


Region locks ... how quaint.

VLC ignores those and region-free blu ray / dvd players do, too.

Yes, indeed, but there are some people out there who want to play DVDs on hardware that still adheres to region locks.
It _should_ be region free, at least that's the plan.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:16 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2007
Posts: 230
James_Degica wrote:
Yes, indeed, but there are some people out there who want to play DVDs on hardware that still adheres to region locks.
It _should_ be region free, at least that's the plan.


You'd better not tell anyone outside the USA that they want to use DVD / Blu Ray players with region locks, then... :wink:

Anyway, glad to see it's getting an international release.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 1319
Location: Coral Springs, FL
You all were supposed to remind me. :(
_________________
Image
蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:44 am 



Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 45
Just to keep you all up to date:
The Japanese PS4 version of Tatsujin's DLC will release next week and the Steam will also go live then to match.

https://gameparadise2017.com/en/info.html#info20190207
https://steamcommunity.com/games/663130 ... 8651291350

We'll be having a hi-score contest on Steam (the Jp PS4 version will have one too, but to receive prizes you have to be a resident of Japan) to celebrate.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:16 am 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3277
Location: Chicago, IL
That's seriously awesome news! I look forward to seeing how the Tatsujin ship handles in the game's stages.
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2005
Posts: 4344
Location: Berlin, Germany
So what is the consensus on this versus the Saturn port? Any point in getting it for PS4 if you already own the latter?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:38 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2014
Posts: 1235
Speaking of arcade original, was that ST-V or jaleco's original?
_________________
Kill the Past / Suda 51 fansite and more | Favorite artwork selection from manuals | My music


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3277
Location: Chicago, IL
Game Tengoku was not an ST-V board, it came on its own JAMMA pcb. Hence why you can actually emulate it easily in MAME, and that there are even ports of it past the Saturn. :P

As to how close it is, It's hard for me to say. It feels really close to the Saturn port. A lot of the game is fast aimed patterns, so it's harder to tell about something that's obviously different, at least for me.

I feel like the extra characters and modes make up for it, though I still have my Saturn port (for now!).
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 am 



Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 45
https://steamcommunity.com/games/663130 ... 4790780344
Tatsujin's out now on Steam and the hi-score contest is go.
We have some cool prizes (if you're into reproduction arcade flyers & signed Toaplan CDs), so please join in!

The game's on sale to celebrate too, so if you haven't tried it, now's your chance.

Edit:
The Toaplan CD has some fantastic tracks on it.
I can't get enough of Ultimate Tiger's stage 1 arranged version.
https://youtu.be/v-e6oVzv4To


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 60
Please tell me you plan to update the steam version to remap keys! Thanks.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:39 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3277
Location: Chicago, IL
I know I have no chance, but I'll be gunning for that Toaplan swag.
_________________
Image
DEMON'S TILT [bullet hell pinball] - Music Composer || EC2151 ~ My FM music & more! || 1CC List || PCE-CD: The Search for Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:17 am 



Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 45
EmperorIng wrote:
I know I have no chance, but I'll be gunning for that Toaplan swag.

Good luck to you; I know I saw the no1 score this weekend knew I was out (not that I was able to compete in the first place).
Remember there's a random prize for both Tatsujin and the other characters, though!

geremy wrote:
Please tell me you plan to update the steam version to remap keys! Thanks.

Sorry, no plans for that.
As a rule, we try to push for it, and will continue doing so with future games, but we're not always successful.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:04 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 60
Wow. Ok. That handicaps the game sooo much. Is the reticence just cost related? I have never played it before now and I have to say that I truly love the game...but the implementation leaves something to be desired. I guess I'm spoiled with your Cave ports where you can remap to any keys and scale the screens...with Game Tengoku you can't even go tate in the arcade+ mode! The game doesn't even remember your screen resolution or wallpaper settings. I could live with most of that if I could at least remap the keys, but there aren't any plans for that?

It's a great game, the implementation is holding it back. I wish I had known these things prior to purchasing, but at least I got it on sale. :roll: :(


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:21 pm 



Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 45
geremy wrote:
Wow. Ok. That handicaps the game sooo much. Is the reticence just cost related? I have never played it before now and I have to say that I truly love the game...but the implementation leaves something to be desired. I guess I'm spoiled with your Cave ports where you can remap to any keys and scale the screens...with Game Tengoku you can't even go tate in the arcade+ mode! The game doesn't even remember your screen resolution or wallpaper settings. I could live with most of that if I could at least remap the keys, but there aren't any plans for that?

It's a great game, the implementation is holding it back. I wish I had known these things prior to purchasing, but at least I got it on sale. :roll: :(


Very glad you like it, but that only makes your disappointment all the more... disappointing.

I can't really go into the reasons, but as with any project, some things get left out in favour of others.
The points you mention were all considered at one time, but didn't make the cut, unfortunately.

Out of interest, do you tend to play mainly on keys? If so why, and what's your preference?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:24 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2014
Posts: 1235
Hi. Can we expect (digital) artbook dlc some time later? (similar to what included in physical edition)
_________________
Kill the Past / Suda 51 fansite and more | Favorite artwork selection from manuals | My music


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 60
James_Degica wrote:
geremy wrote:
Wow. Ok. That handicaps the game sooo much. Is the reticence just cost related? I have never played it before now and I have to say that I truly love the game...but the implementation leaves something to be desired. I guess I'm spoiled with your Cave ports where you can remap to any keys and scale the screens...with Game Tengoku you can't even go tate in the arcade+ mode! The game doesn't even remember your screen resolution or wallpaper settings. I could live with most of that if I could at least remap the keys, but there aren't any plans for that?

It's a great game, the implementation is holding it back. I wish I had known these things prior to purchasing, but at least I got it on sale. :roll: :(


Very glad you like it, but that only makes your disappointment all the more... disappointing.

I can't really go into the reasons, but as with any project, some things get left out in favour of others.
The points you mention were all considered at one time, but didn't make the cut, unfortunately.

Out of interest, do you tend to play mainly on keys? If so why, and what's your preference?


I should back up and say I'm thankful to be able to play the game. I'm thankful that the port exists.

I play about 65% w/ keys because I like to play on portable. I use the arrow keys and usually map z,x,c & v keys to buttons. Right now I most of my shmups run on a surface, and that works nicely because I can rotate into tate if need be, and use whatever keyboard.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Tengoku Coming to PS4/PC
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:08 am 



Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 45
geremy wrote:
I should back up and say I'm thankful to be able to play the game. I'm thankful that the port exists.

I play about 65% w/ keys because I like to play on portable. I use the arrow keys and usually map z,x,c & v keys to buttons. Right now I most of my shmups run on a surface, and that works nicely because I can rotate into tate if need be, and use whatever keyboard.


Thanks for the feedback!
Laptop: that makes sense, as do your prefered keys (I don't always have the luxury of a controller when QA'ing games, so keys are a godsend).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dannycheeto, Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group