Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO Int.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
HydrogLox

Re: Raiden V: Director's Cut for PS4 to be released by UFO I

Post by HydrogLox »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Man, it can't catch a break lately to release it, lol.
xxx1993 wrote:Dammit, this is the problem with release dates...
It's pretty much "situation normal".

Raiden IV Overkill (PS3)
R=Update & Release Target R=2013-12-20 & Spring 2014 R=2014-03-03 & 2014-04-15 R=2014-03-20 & 2014-04-24 R=2014-04-21 & NA:04-29/JP:05-13/EU:05-28

Caladrius Blaze (PS3)
R=Update & Release Target R=2014-03-07 & 2014-06-26 R=2014-03-19 & Summer 2014 R=2014-05-26 & 2014-08-28

Raiden V (Xbox One)
R=Update & Release Target R=2014-09-17 & 2015 R=2015-11-30 & 2016-02-25

Caladrius Blaze (PS4)
R=Update & Release Target R=2016-04-22 & June 2016 R=2016-06-21 & 2016-08-04 R=2016-08-03 & 2016-08-10

Raiden V Director's Cut (PS4/Steam)
R=Update & Release Target R=2017-05-26 & 2017-08-22 R=2017-07-25 & 2017-09-14 R=2017-08-14 & 2017-10-05
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

GoG confirmed, really? Nice if that is the case. Happy to support that, as long as it's not £40 like the digital xbone release in the West (I got a JP disc for less than that).
EmperorIng

Post by EmperorIng »

Even if it's less than Raiden IV (which is a darn good game), I'd be more than down for picking up the PC release. There has to be some Raiden goodness there.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

What keeps causing these delays, anyway?
kassj0peja

Post by kassj0peja »

Is Raiden V better than IV? IV is on my GOG wishlist for quite a while but since V will be released there as well I wonder if I should buy the newer game instead.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

It's got a plot, characters, and voice acting. It should be good.
qmish

Post by qmish »

Can you switch off voices like in Ether Vapor/Astebreed?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Don't think Ether Vapor had any voice acting to begin with... But yes, you can turn off the voice acting in Raiden V by putting the voice to 0.
qmish

Post by qmish »

I meant, wasn't it Ether Vapor who pioneered concept of dialogues during shmup stages in contrast to cutscenes between
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

qmish wrote:wasn't it Ether Vapor who pioneered concept of dialogues during shmup stages in contrast to cutscenes between
Maybe Silpheed or Radiant Silvergun (saturn mode is extra chatty).
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

It was probably Silpheed.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

xxx1993 wrote:It's got a plot, characters, and voice acting. It should be good.
Sometimes I wonder if you'd be more at home with a different genre of games.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ShewtUmOp

Post by ShewtUmOp »

If you have Amazon Prime, the price for pre-ordering the game is about 9 USD cheaper. With that and fifteen dollars of gift card credit, I was able to snag the game for about seventeen dollars. I'm pretty excited for the release, as I was not willing to fork over more than sixty dollars just to play the Xbox One vanilla release. Rather odd that the Xbox One release still commands a high price despite the announcement of the PS4's port. I guess because it's a rare exclusive for the Bone, as well as maybe it was a small print run?

Whatever. More SHMUP goodness for the PS4! Long live Raiden!
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

ShewtUmOp wrote:Long live Raiden!
This is a good first post.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
Austin

Post by Austin »

If games like Raiden V is how the series has to live on, then I'd rather have it die a horrible, fiery death.
qmish

Post by qmish »

I only played Raiden IV so far, which feels very "off" for me, though enjoyable in its way. However I absolutely love DeltaZeal, was it inspired by older Raidens?
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Austin wrote:
If games like Raiden V is how the series has to live on, then I'd rather have it die a horrible, fiery death.
Having played the XB1 version, my opinion of the game is basically "better than III, worse than IV"

Didn't really care about the whole story stuff added in, but the game felt fine to me, and I did enjoy the bit of extra variety the different ships brought in even if the balance wasn't all that great.

I think all things considered, out of the games I've played, my ranking of the series would go

DX > IV > II > V > I > III

I honestly enjoyed all the games in the series to some degree, even III despite it being last in my list here, III just had a much more....bland feeling to me than the others

Basically, I'm fine for the most part with how V turned out, and am looking forward to this PS4 release.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Austin wrote:
You have no taste... Do you not tolerate that it at least has a story now? And characters? And a reason why we're fighting the crystals?
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

xxx1993 wrote:You have no taste... Do you not tolerate that it at least has a story now? And characters? And a reason why we're fighting the crystals?
xxx1993 wrote:It's got a plot, characters, and voice acting. It should be good.
You are seriously an idiot, plain and simple. It's almost painful to see your low level of intelligence. You know what other games also have a plot, characters, and voice acting? Literally almost every other game does, even all those garbage games out there. Is this too big a shock for your small brain to comprehend?
Shepardus wrote: Sometimes I wonder if you'd be more at home with a different genre of games.
He's right, nobody ever decides to play a shmup because of the plot. It's an afterthought in this genre. The plot of Raiden V does not define how good it is, the gameplay does. Sure, it's nice and all but it's still just an afterthought.
The Coop

Post by The Coop »

Steam or GOG? I have III and IV on both, but who will I go to first? Find out in roughly six weeks! :lol:

Now if we could just get someone to finally fix the goddamned music looping issue in IV.
ShewtUmOp

Post by ShewtUmOp »

This is a very feisty forum. Seems Raiden brings out the best and the worst in us.

:')
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

ShewtUmOp wrote:This is a very feisty forum.
No shit. So much elitism and bigotry here.
qmish

Post by qmish »

It might be not elitism but sincere different viewpoint that clashes with other opinion too loudly; and everyone is too passionate and nervous because of genre's state.. :?:
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I don't think it's elitist to call out that your priorities are, for better or worse, at odds with those of most other members here, and that you continually seem oblivious to or willfully ignorant of that fact. If plot and characters are so important to you, why do you cling onto a genre that's known for its lack of either?
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
BIL

Post by BIL »

xxx1993 wrote:bigotry
Ahaha, no. The only person here who can claim to have suffered bigotry is shoe-sama (banned for being a turkey).
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

xxx1993 wrote:
ShewtUmOp wrote:This is a very feisty forum.
No shit. So much elitism and bigotry here.
This!!
Indeed a lot of elitism. That is what turns off the casual here. We want more people playing shmups and grow the community , but the minute someone asks a "newb" question our panties get all ruffled.
I have been playing since the 80s and love many genres, but shmups is something Ive been playing for about maybe 6 or so years. I have joined groups for Rpgs, Fighting etc. , and out of all of them , I think the shmups community is the least inviting. Just saying....
BIL

Post by BIL »

Echoing Shepardus, I don't see anything remotely elitist about the reaction xxx1993's posts got. It's a common as dirt sentiment that these games can't succeed on plot, characters or voice acting alone. That's not what the majority of their audience has ever prioritised.

Absolutely bizarre that he'd then have a go at Austin over a perceived lack of enthusiasm for extraneous plot fuckery! But this is what happens, when you don't cull the noobs as aggressively as we did back in the glory days of Elitist Pricks Forum™. Image
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Elitism because of the 1CC crap. CAVE and Touhou fans are both at fault for that.
BIL

Post by BIL »

Ye but Tohou fans love plot + characters, you should hang out! :O /stokes the fires of conflict Image