Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
finisherr

Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

Post by finisherr »

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366216

Platform unannounced but it looks like it might be available for PS4 given the track record for M2.
HydrogLox

Re: Ketsui Coming to PS4 ?!

Post by HydrogLox »

That discussion, strangely enough, is "interlaced" here:
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1253014
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

It's probably better to keep separate game discussions in separate threads. Personally, as an owner of the PS3 port, this does not excite me at all.
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

I'll admit, I would have preferred M2 tackle something like Progear, Armed Police Batrider, Dodonpachi, or maybe even Cyvern first. I own a Japanese 360 and 5PB's port of this. But after experiencing the high quality of M2's Garegga and Dangun ports I'm more than happy to see them tackle Ketsui.

I'm not entirely pleased with the 360 port of this game (IMO, you need an external scanline generator to make it look decent on a HD monitor) so I'm looking forward to seeing what M2 can do to one of the best shmups of ll time.
schleichfahrt

Post by schleichfahrt »

Wasn't Progear super-problematic because of Capcoms role and license status?
When you ruin some enemy, add to score points.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

schleichfahrt wrote:Wasn't Progear super-problematic because of Capcoms role and license status?
I thought that might be the case, Capcom would need a cut of the likely miniscule profit that this would make. I think the main issue would be whether it'd be worth it for M2 at that point. Still, it's nice to dream
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Capcom let Progear feature as a DLC ship in Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours, so a port by M2 isn't entirely out of the question.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Xyga

Post by Xyga »

scrilla4rella wrote:I'm not entirely pleased with the 360 port of this game (IMO, you need an external scanline generator to make it look decent on a HD monitor)
Actually what you need is to let the ingame picture size at default, turn any smoothing off, then zoom the picture using either a TV which has decent overscan settings (and drop the sharpness maybe), or an external scaler like a DVDO.
Looks perfect.
Same for DOJ Extra, PS/MMP, Guwange etc, every Cave shooter that didn't receive at least a bit of a HD treatment.
Strikers1945guy wrote:"Do we....eat chicken balls?!"
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Xyga wrote:Actually what you need is to let the ingame picture size at default, turn any smoothing off, then zoom the picture using either a TV which has decent overscan settings (and drop the sharpness maybe), or an external scaler like a DVDO.
Looks perfect.
Same for DOJ Extra, PS/MMP, Guwange etc, every Cave shooter that didn't receive at least a bit of a HD treatment.
I'll have to give this a try. I figured there was some good display setting advice somewhere on these forums, I just couldn't find it until now.
system11

Post by system11 »

schleichfahrt wrote:Wasn't Progear super-problematic because of Capcoms role and license status?
Also completely different hardware to their other games.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
HydrogLox

Post by HydrogLox »

scrilla4rella wrote:I figured there was some good display setting advice somewhere on these forums, I just couldn't find it until now.
Maybe this was what you where referring to: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 70#p575870
reckon luck

Post by reckon luck »

I think it's somewhat interesting that Ketsui's platform(s) are undetermined, while Garegga and Feveron were announced as PS4 exclusives. Perhaps M2 is working on spreading the love?
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

I'm trying not to get my hopes up for a PC port, but it's getting harder.
5pectre

Post by 5pectre »

I would be fine with just PS4 8)

So we can expect Ketsui sometime early 2018? I think Dangun Feveron was announced september 2016
Necronom

Post by Necronom »

reckon luck wrote:I think it's somewhat interesting that Ketsui's platform(s) are undetermined, while Garegga and Feveron were announced as PS4 exclusives. Perhaps M2 is working on spreading the love?
Probably because this one is such a fan favourite that it would make perfect sense to port it to more than one platform. Would love to see it on PS4, Switch and Steam :D
Oh, and don't forget some sweet n nasty DRM just to piss off a certain individual :twisted:
Looking forward to it!
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Hope this game has the option of being able to access the second loop at any time as well as continuing on Doom.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

inb4 Ketsui's arrange mode is actually just trap15's arrange.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
jepjepjep

Post by jepjepjep »

It's so cool that M2 is doing this series! There's no such thing as too much Ketsui. These releases are really great with all of the options and arranges. I'm going to pick up every one that they release just to support them so that they can keep going with the shotriggers series.
smbhax

Post by smbhax »

New official page:

http://m2stg.com/ketsui/

Release date still "TBD."
GSK

Post by GSK »

Still no release date, but they showed/talked about several elements at the Cave Matsuri, the biggest being the includion of IKD's 2007 Cave Matsuri arrange (blue) as DLC--it's playable at today's matsuri, so search "IKD Special" or "イケスペ" over the next few days and you might get some footage.

They're also putting this one out on a disc, for those who consider that a make-or-break.
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

GSK wrote:Still no release date, but they showed/talked about several elements at the Cave Matsuri, the biggest being the includion of IKD's 2007 Cave Matsuri arrange (blue) as DLC--it's playable at today's matsuri, so search "IKD Special" or "イケスペ" over the next few days and you might get some footage.

They're also putting this one out on a disc, for those who consider that a make-or-break.
They really need to put out Dangun Feveron on disc. Glad to see Ketsui is coming though.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Never had a chance at Ketsui yet. Maybe I'll get a chance if I ever get a PS 4.

Re: Progear - It always surprised me that Capcom and Cave couldn't get their shit together (or whatever the reason was) for a Dreamcast release. Especially considering how many CPS 2 games are on the DC.
My lord, I have come for you.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

scrilla4rella wrote:I'll admit, I would have preferred M2 tackle something like Progear, Armed Police Batrider, Dodonpachi, or maybe even Cyvern first. I own a Japanese 360 and 5PB's port of this. But after experiencing the high quality of M2's Garegga and Dangun ports I'm more than happy to see them tackle Ketsui.

I'm not entirely pleased with the 360 port of this game (IMO, you need an external scanline generator to make it look decent on a HD monitor) so I'm looking forward to seeing what M2 can do to one of the best shmups of ll time.
Hopefully they can license the X-mode from 5pb's version. That is so good.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
scrilla4rella

Post by scrilla4rella »

Progear on the DC is an interesting thought experiment. Perhaps it would end up remembered as a respected but still niche STG (that's crazy expensive like Mars Matrix and Giga Wing 2), or maybe it could have been a huge hit (for the Dreamcast) that put Cave on the map for Western gamers.
-
Like, imagine if Joe Destiny-loving-sixpack knew about Cave and arcade STGs from playing Progear no Arashi instead of oh, I don't know, Deathsmiles.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

scrilla4rella wrote:Progear on the DC is an interesting thought experiment. Perhaps it would end up remembered as a respected but still niche STG (that's crazy expensive like Mars Matrix and Giga Wing 2), or maybe it could have been a huge hit (for the Dreamcast) that put Cave on the map for Western gamers.
-
Like, imagine if Joe Destiny-loving-sixpack knew about Cave and arcade STGs from playing Progear no Arashi instead of oh, I don't know, Deathsmiles.
I think it would have been all those things.

Progear on the DC could have massively changed how the company was perceived here back then. When I first saw it the art (especially the tanks) reminded me of Metal Slug.
My lord, I have come for you.
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

scrilla4rella wrote:maybe it could have been a huge hit (for the Dreamcast) that put Cave on the map for Western gamers.
what kind of shit are you smoking
Tokyo-J

Post by Tokyo-J »

Bananamatic wrote:
scrilla4rella wrote:maybe it could have been a huge hit (for the Dreamcast) that put Cave on the map for Western gamers.
what kind of shit are you smoking
LOL. I knew about Cave and was not even hardcore back in the day. Donpachi and Dodonpachi were released in the States in Arcades. Many people did import the console versions on PSX and Saturn long before Pro Gear was ever released. But I get it. He means a USA proper console release that could of built a cult status earlier.
A Hardcore gamers reaction to the Lack of Kinect games. Apparently i could of played Dodonpachi with it if i beat a entirely in Japanese Visional Novel piece of shit game called Instant Brain
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Be gentle with banana, he's a poor czech and doesn't know these things.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

i can totally see joe sixpack playing some old 2d game over and over trying to get a worthless higher number instead of playing madden 18 with chad, brad and tyrone
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

All 'bout dem nuuuuumbers.
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image