Upgraded Gundemonium/Gundeadligne to JPS4/PSV

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BulletMagnet

Upgraded Gundemonium/Gundeadligne to JPS4/PSV

Post by BulletMagnet »

Pretty much what the title says, though not too many details yet on what precisely the enhancements will be outside of extra characters and widescreen support.
Despatche

Re: Upgraded Gundemonium/Gundeadligne to JPS4/PSV

Post by Despatche »

Wow, actual remakes. Was not expecting this in my lifetime. But... when did PD become a console developer?

Looks like Diadra Empty is getting an upgrade too, same announcement.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

I don't understand why they don't carry over all the digital games over to ps4. I can somewhat except them not doing bc, but why not get them all transferred? I mean really?, I can get Skyforce Reloaded again ( a mobile game) and not the others?
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

Given how wacky (at times, to their own detriment) this trilogy and Platine Dispositif in general tends to be, I am more interested by the prospect of a new character here than I would be by most other stg re-releases.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
FRO

Post by FRO »

This is getting a physical release via Strictly Limited Games, for both PS4 and Vita:

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/re ... demoniums/
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

FRO wrote:This is getting a physical release via Strictly Limited Games, for both PS4 and Vita:

https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com/re ... demoniums/
One of those Vita copies is mine.
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

Yeah that's right I got one, stay jealous bros.
djsheep

Post by djsheep »

Heads up, the physical copies of Gundemonium for PS4 and Vita went live and available over here right now:

https://store.strictlylimitedgames.com/collections/all
WarpedByTheNHK

Post by WarpedByTheNHK »

Is it weird that I am pretty excited for this despite repeatedly putting off buying this game before this version? Something about a developer making additions and tweaks to a game so long after the original release just makes it seem like the devoper genuinely cares about it. Besides, it was already a pretty well liked game, so I would hope it wouldn't take that many tweaks to become something pretty special.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

Just received my PS4 copy from StrictlyLimited!

So far, I’m absolutely loving it - the music is especially awesome, and I really like the oversized spritework... but the tutorial is pretty bare bones. They don’t mention anything about what Friction or Phase Level means, or even what the Shift/Burst button is suppose to do.

Currently playing on a stick, but with 6 buttons to manage (Shot, Rapid Shot, Slow Movement, Bomb, Mana and the mysterious Shift/Burst), I might need to use a controller.

Really happy I gave this a shot! Any strategies/tutorials here on Shmups?
2dvertical

Post by 2dvertical »

I wish this had been Hitogata Happa instead..

As for the game in topic, the rapid fire gun overheating is annoying. I had this on Ps3 and kind of regret my purchase so far..but I still need some more credit time to see if it was worth it.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Now that these are out, is there a list of ways the games have been updated?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

soupbones wrote:the tutorial is pretty bare bones. They don’t mention anything about what Friction or Phase Level means, or even what the Shift/Burst button is suppose to do.
If you haven't already figured it out:

- Friction is letting a bullet hit your character sprite but not the hitbox. Fills up mana and I'm guessing does something to increase scoring.
- Phase Level is basically just rank, 11 is the highest afaik.
- Shift/Burst does exactly what each one tells you it does (one forces Phase Level to 11 for better scoring opportunity, I think another stops or slows the blue section timer bar in the bottom of the screen so you have a prolonged opportunity to score, etc)

I agree though, the game is a lot more fun than I remembered and I'm really glad I picked this up.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Anyone else order the physical version? If so, have you received it yet? I've seen several posts on Twitter with folks showing off their copies, but I haven't seen mine yet...
DietSoap

Post by DietSoap »

FRO wrote:Anyone else order the physical version? If so, have you received it yet? I've seen several posts on Twitter with folks showing off their copies, but I haven't seen mine yet...
I just got mine late last week, so yeah it took awhile. Does SLG's site say your order has been "fulfilled" (shipped)? There should be a Deutschepost or w/e it's called tracking code that you can use on USPS.
soupbones

Post by soupbones »

DietSoap wrote:
soupbones wrote:the tutorial is pretty bare bones. They don’t mention anything about what Friction or Phase Level means, or even what the Shift/Burst button is suppose to do.
If you haven't already figured it out:

- Friction is letting a bullet hit your character sprite but not the hitbox. Fills up mana and I'm guessing does something to increase scoring.
- Phase Level is basically just rank, 11 is the highest afaik.
- Shift/Burst does exactly what each one tells you it does (one forces Phase Level to 11 for better scoring opportunity, I think another stops or slows the blue section timer bar in the bottom of the screen so you have a prolonged opportunity to score, etc)

I agree though, the game is a lot more fun than I remembered and I'm really glad I picked this up.
Ah - thanks!
FRO

Post by FRO »

Finally got mine last night - yay!
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I just bought the digital. I noticed the translation is a lot more Engrishy than the translation of the steam version of Gundemonium Recollection.
Kaspal

Post by Kaspal »

BrianC wrote:I just bought the digital. I noticed the translation is a lot more Engrishy than the translation of the steam version of Gundemonium Recollection.
Quick question: does this contain the full set of gundemoniums (Gundemonium, Gundeadligne, Hotogata Happa) or just the 1st game (Gundemonium)?

I already haave the collection on Steam, and would love it on my PSVita... but if it's the full set.
SuperPang wrote:Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Gundemoniums is just the first game, despite the title. It's a remake rather than a straight up port, though.