Any shumppers hardcore enough to have shmup tattoos?...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

JigsawMan wrote:
SheSaidDutch wrote:Ahh weight issues the bane of my life! I'm 9 1/2 and I cant gain athing
Get married! I went from 9 stone to 11 1/2! Trouble is it has all gone on my stomach. Mind you, I don't do any exercise.
Would that be the food or from the marriage itself... :wink:
My Trying Not To
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

SheSaidDutch wrote:Ahh weight issues the bane of my life! I'm 9 1/2 and I cant gain athing

OT-I hate all these commericals ect about losing weight.... what about for some of us that want to gain weight.

Sorry to derail your thread Leeram

I hope you will get/closer to your intended weight btw and remember to post some pictures of these future tattoos 8)
Hah i used to be like that, i used to eat a fried breakfast everyday for about 5 years loads of coke, sweets crisps etc.. and didnt put on a thing. Then in the last year or so i went from 10 stone to 11 and a half.... I soon lost it though and im back to 10 stone again but i've since given up the fried breakfasts every morning. :?
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Leeram

Post by Leeram »

OT-I hate all these commericals ect about losing weight.... what about for some of us that want to gain weight.

Sorry to derail your thread Leeram

I hope you will get/closer to your intended weight btw and remember to post some pictures of these future tattoos 8)
Gaining weight is actually quite easy. Get a job similar to mine where you spend a lot of days away in hotels or on trains. Then all you get to eat at every meal is crap; crap on the train, crap at road service stations, crap for an English Breakfast 4 times a week, crap for your tea.

Then in-between eating the crap all you do is sit on your arse driving or on a train playing Golden Sun on GBA (or the game/handheld of your choice). Drink lots of coffee as well and don't forget 20-30 pints of beer per week.

Hey presto, an instant one stone per year weight gain programme, it worked for me! :-)

Cheers

Leeram
AKRATEN

Re: Any shumppers hardcore enough to have shmup tattoos?...

Post by AKRATEN »

ikaruga
:shock:
oh man space invader!
:o
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Do I need to repost My CAVE tattoo?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

yes you do.
DEL

Post by DEL »

Anne Frank
fraggore

Post by fraggore »

well its not a shmup tattoo but i got a tat of homaru for samurai shodown on my chest.
and i would go for a shmup tattoo if i found a good pic maybe the girl on the bug from Mushihimesama i love the art work.
hell hath no fury like a pregnant hamster
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I'll get a really small tattoo of a box so then somebody is gonna ask me why the hell did I get a tattoo of a box and then I'll tell them that is my hitbox.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Jockel wrote:yes you do.

That weird shadow mistake in the C has faded somewhat, but still an eyesore for CAVE fans "all over the world".
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Makoto Sei

Post by Makoto Sei »

"The Guardian" logo or "Thunder Force 222" logo on left chest, would be great idea....make me look`s like industrial mass product tough......
i won`t die for anything or anyone
nothing can stop me from enjoying my life
my scrapbook http://makotosei.deviantart.com/gallery/#_browse/scraps + my unit http://makotosei.deviantart.com/gallery ... cal-things
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Just get a shmup tat on ur forehead, itll never go out of shape plus youll be giving shmups more exposure which everyone on this forum will be greatfull for :wink:
or evenb get one done on your shaved head so u can cover it with hair if u ever get sick of it 8)

emphatic i love your cave tat! You are the man! are u gonna get it coloured at some point?
cave should send u some stuff for been as hardcore as u are.
chempop

Post by chempop »

Emphatic I think your tat should be colored, maybe the "C" with red fills and white 3-d, with white border around it, might cover up the funky shadow mess. The wings would be done with blues, greens, (maybe even purple) and yellow and it would look sick!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Thanks, guys! I'll probably leave it black and gray though, as I prefer minimalism in my tattoos.

On the other hand, I'm considering going full color for my next one, however the motif is yet undecided.
chempop

Post by chempop »

your right, keep it black, wondering if there is a way to clean it up though...

"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

just out of curiosity, those who have seen it, has any known who cave are? (although if u dont wear vests not many ppl will get to see it.)

EDIT hehe it just came to me that with cave been into other thing besides shmups. that it would be funny for anyone witha tat if cave branched off into gay/ s&m sex toys and became well known for it.

and also for those who are into shmup merchandising if they would be so into cave that they would buy a Cave butt plug to be placed on the shelf next to their red ddp ship and futari character models. :)
EDIT and yea i know cullian and his thread has warped me) :P
Last edited by TrevHead (TVR) on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brendz

Post by brendz »

Batsugun on top of foot tattoo
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/foottat1.jpg/
and cave logo on side (it was a freebee)
http://img404.imageshack.us/i/foottat002.jpg/
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

brendz wrote:Batsugun on top of foot tattoo
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/foottat1.jpg/
and cave logo on side (it was a freebee)
http://img404.imageshack.us/i/foottat002.jpg/
i was waiting for you to post...i demand pics of the bubble bobble from your other foot as well 8)

and for your tat emph, why not look into having the brown/beige color from the title screens with the white surround put in....

ive been actually been putting some thought into having that done on my left pec....close to the heart and what not

im also working on a danmaku sleeve with my g/f thats gonna feature a bunch of cave sprites all around my lower arm dodging a crazy bullet pattern that goes all around my full arm with a big hibachi/doom type last boss on my bicep

cave logo will probably come first as its a lot less work....the sleeve will be a long process if i do it
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

jonny5 wrote:im also working on a danmaku sleeve with my g/f thats gonna feature a bunch of cave sprites all around my lower arm dodging a crazy bullet pattern that goes all around my full arm with a big hibachi/doom type last boss on my bicep
Wow, that's an awesome idea. Very nice tats, brendz.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

DJ Incompetent wrote:I'll get a really small tattoo of a box so then somebody is gonna ask me why the hell did I get a tattoo of a box and then I'll tell them that is my hitbox.
Put it on the back of your neck, then you can be like those kids from ESP.Ra.De.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

i was waiting for you to post...i demand pics of the bubble bobble from your other foot as well 8)

im also working on a danmaku sleeve with my g/f thats gonna feature a bunch of cave sprites all around my lower arm dodging a crazy bullet pattern that goes all around my full arm with a big hibachi/doom type last boss on my bicep
I aswell would love to see that bubble bobble tattoo.
I dont have any tats on my body as im a big jesse :oops: but if i ever did get a tat it would be taitos holy trinity of bubble bobble, rainbow islands and newzealand story combination tattoo
dpful

Post by dpful »

left pasty Arm:

Right pasty arm:
null1024

Post by null1024 »

Right pasty arm:
Jesus, I am so jealous of this. That is absolutely beautiful.
Come check out my website, I guess. Random stuff I've worked on over the last two decades.
dpful

Post by dpful »

Thanks, here's one off topic, but just because it's cute and I found it along with the others:
Is anyone here hard-core enough to have twins?
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

dpful wrote: Is anyone here hard-core enough to have twins?
Me.. :mrgreen:

This is probably the worst picture I have of them playing a shmup, but if you look closely my son is sporting a tattoo!

Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Ain't that sweet to see two little tykes playing Dodonpachi-Dai-Fukkatsu PCB. Yeah, I spot the cool Spidey tat alrighty. Best to expose them younglings to shmups at an early age...who knows, one of them might even be a shmup prodigy.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
apple arcade

Post by apple arcade »

^^^THAT PIC IS SO AWESOME!!!

Best post ever!
MX7

Post by MX7 »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:

I aswell would love to see that bubble bobble tattoo.
I dont have any tats on my body as im a big jesse :oops: but if i ever did get a tat it would be taitos holy trinity of bubble bobble, rainbow islands and newzealand story combination tattoo
I seem to remember that Spadgy has a Bubble Bobble tattoo, but I could be wrong.
dpful

Post by dpful »

Awesome brentsg! Twins rule!
nash87

Post by nash87 »

I was going to get a psikyo (kanji spelling) tat, but crap happened and i missed my chance. I still plan on getting it eventually. I'm still not sure exactly where i want to get it...any suggestions

I also really want to get a cave tat on the inside of my lower lip, but i hear those aren't permanent, or are they? if there's a way to make it permanent, then I'll do it in a heart beat
GaijinPunch wrote:Someone PM me when we have to play w/ the stick up our asses.
"shrimps in my eyes! I cannot see!"
XBLA: h8erfisternator